Does your Mom carry a designer handbag?

Nope, my mom is utterly uninterested in designer bags, and in brands generally - she would not beleive me if I told her the price of the bags I'm buying.

My mum just got the Kelly she always wanted.... and she has nice Pradas - so guess where I got it from.....
Seriously, my mum used to shop every season for a new wardrobe - so I guess I am far more tuned down.... mind you, she doesnt do it now but she says that is because she does not care that much anymore, and that I should keep going.

My mum always buys a nice leather bag at a bag shop who carry Mandarina Duck, Etienne Aigner, school bags and their own brand and she always gets one of those shop owned label bags which are really well made and this one she carries forever because she's not so into bags but she always asks me if I bought a new bag and she truely admires them on me without saying a negative word about the price. The only thing she says is that she's happy for me that I can afford those bags and that I truely deserve them. She's an amazing person and I'm sad that she lives so far away so that we can't see each other that much.

No, she never wants to spend more than 40-50 € on bags. Strangely, she spends more when she has to go to marriages (around 100 €), but then those bags lie in her closet because they're "the good bags". I bought her 2 bags this Christmas and I said her she MUST use them!

I was just wondering cuz my mom thinks I'm nuts!!!!
Yet when she has a fancy get together or a wedding, guess who she asks to borrow a fancy bag from!!

hahaha that's what my mom does. But when I'd go spend lots of money on a bag, and she happened to find the receipt, I'd never hear the end of it.

But my mom kept complaining that she wanted a cute shoulder bag with compartments for everyday use. So I got her a MJ blake for Christmas. She thinks I spent $300:roflmfao: She absolutely loves it. But yeah, NOW she carries a designer bag. hehehe

My Mom never carried designer bags but always had great shoes. She now carries a Coach and treasures it. I am a Mom and have passed a horrible addiction to my children. They have carried LV, Fendi, Gucci and others from a very young age.

Not at all! She'll carry the same 15 dollar purse til it's bursting at the seams and she will not buy a new one. Someone has to get one for her. She sees a purse as a necessary but very unimportant "luxury", like toilet paper!

My mom will scold me for buying a new one every so often, but her only exception is LV. She carries Burberry and Coach daily and the LV's on certain occasions. Has she seen my Chanels? NOT YET!

No, and she has no interest in bags other than to carry her stuff. We had a discussion on the way home after having dinner at my brothers house...My 21 yr. old niece saw the Kooba Renee that I was carrying and loved it! She wanted to know all about it and how she could find one. Since she was obviously smitten I explained the retail price and the price that I paid...My Mom said "Are you crazy?" as "She has never paid more than $30.00 for a bag". (even though I bought her a navy Fossil for her bday) To make a long story short..I was able to find a Kooba Renee shortly before Christmas for alot less than I paid for mine. (it's a good 1st bag for her as it is made of distressed leather) So, my Mom and I went together on it to give it to my niece for Christmas. (we were both so excited to be able to give it to her) I have never seen a more surprised face when she opened her gift and kept saying "No way..no way!"....as she looked it all over and walked around with it on. My Mom still will never buy an expensive bag...but maybe my niece will! Oh, my....

ciatta -- what a nice thing to do for your neice!

my mom -- she was the one who bought me my first high-end bag, a LV Josephine. Before that, all I bought was Coach (the all leather styles).
She carries a lot of expensive bags (LV, Ferragamo, Chanel, Loewe, etc., quite a few of which I picked out for her), but now, I think some of my bags are more expensive than hers! This is not a good thing.