Does anyone use their Chloe every day? If so...

You got the Muscade Paddy like me right? I really baby my bags and I find the Muscade Paddy the best bag for phobics like us that very reason :yes: Muscade is a vintagey colour that IMO will only get better with time - not worse :heart:

I do try to preserve my bags and I know others are the same so you're not alone ;)

For example, I always carry a plastic bag with me then I can pop my paddy inside it if it rains :idea:

Also, I never put my paddy on a dirty floor - I'd rather sit it beside me, on my lap or on the back of a chair. I hang it on the coat hook in a public toilet too :P

But above all, you must enjoy your bag :heart:
Although extremely beautiful, these babies are very sturdy and are made to be worn so please don't be too worried :flowers:

Yes, the gorgeous Muscade I have. Good idea re plastic bag for rain. Had another thought - could put that down on the bog floor too! I avoid them too but, in my job (medical rep), I am sometimes all day in hospitals. My bladder is not that good!

Hi Marmite girl!
I don't use the gismo you described (although I've seen it advertised on this site) for the inside of my Chloe bags. Instead I impliment a different system that incorportates what you describe as "falling into" their natural nitches. I employee three units that are transfered from bag to bag; check book, wallet and mini purse which holds lipstick, clippers, extra key, pen, tissues and a mirror. I know to grab 3 things to transfer on to the next bag and then go on my merry way.

Hope that helps.

Aaah Marmite. Either love it or hate it. I have it every day - usually on toast with Philadelphia cheese spread :heart:

I'll be going back to the system you described now. That is, the 3-units, nothing to do with Marmite!

it does get easier, and you will find yourself relaxing slightly. It helps that the leather just gets better and better with use, so you will want to use it more and more.

Its natural to look after them, I have a fair few bags, but I still dont put them down in horrid dirty places!!, but try and enjoy it too ;)

You are right. I should enjoy it, else there is no point having it.

I use my Chloe paddys, silverados, ascots, etc. every day, except when the weather is really horrible, and then I use my old MJ stellas. :jammin: I don't use a "liner," but if I carry a pen with me, I put it in a plastic baggy so that there's no chance for ink damage..:yucky: (horror of horrors!)
I have small MJ and Chloe make up bags that contain lipstick, blush, etc., so they NEVER touch the inside of the bag. I don't worry about normal wear and tear, and I change bags once a week, so that they don't get TOO much wear on them. (I have a pretty good rotation going on...:wlae: ) I think you should enjoy your paddy!:yes:

It was lipstick and pens that worried me most. That stuff just does not shift :sad:

I use mine with the locks off on a daily basis (work etc), I put the locks on when I'm going some where nice. It makes it easier to get into and lighter to carry (and I'm not as afraid of damaging it).

Might consider that, but I love the lock so much. Lordgunney(sp?) came out with a good suggestion in another thread: put one of the oblong leather tag thingies over the hasp BEFORE the padlock goes on (as if you were locking it up), but with the zips undone :idea:

I am totally unconcerned about the wear and tear on my Chloes. I even had the expensive chain handled python bag in the rain today and I haven't fussed about it. What me worry?

I even let my twenty year old daughter take the Paddy to clubs with her. Of course there will be hell to pay if SHE allows something to happen to it. She will have to save money for the NEXT PURSE! Is that a bad thing???

I used to wear my Paddy on a daily base for more than 6 months even in snow and rain and it still looked new when I sold it, no scuffs, worn edges or stains. The Paddy is a pretty sturdy bag, don't worry to much! I never put her on the floor though just sat her on her own chair or hang her on it.

Hi all - sorry I know I am in the wrong thread but I had to go through google to access threads in the forum as I am not able to access the site directly since last night - I keep getting a page about a Zend Optimizer when I click on the "purse forum"- which is to be installed -I did that , but still nada. Am already going into withdrawals:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: not being able to read all your posts. Just noticed the times your recent posts are - seems you are not having the same problem as I do. What to do, what to do??

Strange , I am able to post here, but as I said I do not have a direct access, am not able to navigate the site at all.

Oh dear!

Hopefully a mod can help you soon. :yes:

like bellacherie i take the locks of the paddington.
the one i bought was a second hand one (tan) but very well lokk after, the previous owner used to take the padlock off too!!

I use my choco about every other day in the moment. The padlock chipping is an issue but after having been really upset by it in the beginning , to me it's a bit like a women with chipped nailpolish:throwup: ! I know have decided to deliberately ignore it, I just like the lock way too much to take it off. The day I get sick of the "locklook" will come and then I can still do so. These bags have great leather and seem really sturdy. I do the plasticbag/rain thing as well and I don't put it on a dirty floor actually have only put it on the floor once in a changing cabin and then I put my coat under it. So I think you can take care of your bag and still enjoy it...!

I thought I would have the guts to use the lock more on my second hand craie (because its in used condition and has chips and dents etc already), but I tend to still put it in a box most of the time. I shall be uploading some pics of my girls together soon...

Please don't ever put anything especially your paddy on the floor. I think it was Dateline or 20/20 that did a test in bathrooms. The final conclusion...the floor is the filthiest (including feces and all sorts of biohazards) compared to toilet seat, faucets and door handles. So please don't ever put anything on the bathroom floor.
I put makeup in a makeup bag and everything else is where they belong(wallets daytimer sunglasses) makes it easy finding stuff. I also make sure to be extra genteel when handling the lock, fear of chipping ( well slow the chipping down)

Please don't ever put anything especially your paddy on the floor. I think it was Dateline or 20/20 that did a test in bathrooms. The final conclusion...the floor is the filthiest (including feces and all sorts of biohazards) compared to toilet seat, faucets and door handles. So please don't ever put anything on the bathroom floor.
I put makeup in a makeup bag and everything else is where they belong(wallets daytimer sunglasses) makes it easy finding stuff. I also make sure to be extra genteel when handling the lock, fear of chipping ( well slow the chipping down)

I remember reading that study too. Tis why handbags should never be place on tables etc - just think where they might have been :yucky: (not OURS, of course!)