Discussion Thread: Lets Chat!

Oh dear muggles, I haven't been by the Choo forum in a while ~ who's in your avatar now?

And tell me which Choos you have. I know about your textured platinum Mahala, because I have the same bag. Have you acquired any others?

I'm so lost and behind here because I hardly stop by. :shame:

This place is getting lame! No one ever on here very much! JC people must be too busy! I am bored!

Oh dear muggles, I haven't been by the Choo forum in a while ~ who's in your avatar now?

And tell me which Choos you have. I know about your textured platinum Mahala, because I have the same bag. Have you acquired any others?

I'm so lost and behind here because I hardly stop by. :shame:

I have kind of given up on this JC forum, never any one here. No new threads, rather boring! You can find me back on Chloe! My avatar are three of the ladies from Last of the Summer Wine. It was a great BBC comedy that ran for 30 years.

I absolutely adore all things Brit! There are quite a few gals from England and Scotland on the Chloe forum as well as Spain. They are all a load of fun and one doesn't have to have the latest bag to join in. A lot of the ladies collect the older ones.You should stop by, it is indeed a fun place!
They seem to be less worried about the new craze although a few went wild for the paraty. I have to say I love the Chloe girls!:yes:

^I gotta agree with you on the Chloe forum! Fun place. I gave up on JC too for awhile. Everyone's probably really busy, and with their fall collection, no one had too many reasons for any obsession. I've been really into Prada and Chloe lately, and have been cheating right and left on JC. Hope they have a better collection next time! I also never thought I would, but I even migrated into the LV forum.

It is a bit slow here, someone needs to buy some bags -- I've already contributed greatly to the economy with my Chloe purchases, and must be banned from buying until........well, who knows, but someone......go spend some $$.:woohoo:

^^ I think too the economy has finally caught the attention of just about everyone. No matter how secure your job or finances, this is not the best time for most to be spending the big huge bucks on luxuries. Who knows where our economy is going to be in 6 months or a year....kinda scary. :s

It seems most of the sub-forums are quieter than usual with a lot more chat and a lot less shopping. :shrugs:

My point exactly, I wonder about those that spend over 3 grand on a bag, nowadays! How can you justify it unless your extremely wealthy! I don't understand? We are considered upper middle class but I wouldn't drop 3 grand or more on any bag! There are too many bargains to be found!

There will always be someone who is richer than me, or has more disposable income than me. I don't care what someone spends on a bag as long as it doesn't create a hardship for them.

The reason I was drawn to some of the designer bags was for the quality, and equity of manufacture. I had been buying Coach and D&B, Kooba and Lockheart. All made in a place that exploits adult and child labor, and in a country that I feel doesn't really valued life. So for more money, I would have fewer bags. But they would be much higher quality and made in a place that values its labor and pays a living wage.

But I do agree that many of the bag forums are quiet. This always happens in between the sale seasons. It will pick up again.

I totally agree with you Miss Jburgh on every point....well said. :tup:

I would just like to amend my previous post a bit in that I think I overstated the facts when I said "this is not the best time for most to be spending the big huge bucks on luxuries".

I should have said "this is not the best time for lots of folks to be spending the big huge bucks on luxuries". I actually went back to edit my comment but it was too late.

I swear, I'm Chicken Little....I see what's happening today....literally today....with the stock market and I'm running around screaming the sky is falling! :P

It matters not to me that DH makes really good money, has an uber secure job and that all of this will most likely affect us personally very little. But then again, who knows....we are definitely in uncharted waters here. So as for me, I'm taking a conservative sit back and watch what happens on Wall Street approach regarding my spending habits. I'm a worrier....it's what I do! ;)

What is happening on Wall Street is affecting me quite a bit. Our 401K's are tanking...luckily we will not need or even be able to get to that money for quite a while yet, but man it is really, really scary to see your accounts that you put money into for 25 years go down so quickly:crybaby::cursing:

What is happening on Wall Street is affecting me quite a bit. Our 401K's are tanking...luckily we will not need or even be able to get to that money for quite a while yet, but man it is really, really scary to see your accounts that you put money into for 25 years go down so quickly:crybaby::cursing:

I think most of us are in the same boat on the retirement funds. But it was only 2004 when this happened last, and 2001 before that and in the 90's and late 80's :cursing:. We've recovered every time and we have to have faith. From what I can tell most of us are around 50-55 and have some time before we'll be into to that money. Let's just hope that is an upswing time when we get there :tup:. I do agree it's no fun to watch though :sad:. But alas we have each other and our beautiful bags to cheer us up ;). When my DH came home yesterday I was listening to E's "Most Fabulous Swimsuit Moments" while I was fixing dinner and I told him " this is the avoiding all finacial and political programing show". He :roflmfao: but agreed!! Hang in there everybody!!!:okay: