Discussion Thread: Lets Chat!

Muggles, I'm just north of you in MD.....the high octane here hovers between $4-4.25/gal. This morning the local news said a number of stations had run out of gas. No gas is scarier than expensive gas.

Well I do feel for you all it seems that we here in OZ are much more lucky!

Gas is $3.35 a Gallon for Unlead 87 octane.
Gas is $3.55 a Gallon for Unlead 91 octane.

Well I guess that one good thing about here!

Matt:urock:

:party::drinkup::drinks:BTW that makes Post 500 for me!:party::drinks::drinkup:

Congrats on #500! Oz can't be that bad! I live in the mountains with all the wildlife! And no shopping anywhere! No designer shopping! A husbands dream place to keep his wife captive. The first 3 years I did not even have internet! Sat. tv, no trash pickup, you have to haul your own ( guess who has to do it?) septic tank, well water! And all the spiders you can kill! (those you happen to see that are sometimes as big as a silver dollar) Some call this place paradise, I call it H...!:devil:

I live in nowhere, too. Septic, no garbage pickup, big bugs, deer. I swear we have had wild turkeys, 2 horses, a bunch of sheep, a 3 foot tall white bird, deer, snakes, a tarantulla, scorpions and these huge 4 to 5 inch long beetles that have wandered into our yard. The first year we lived here I actually stepped on a scorpion and a huge beetle in my kitchen(luckily I had shoes on)...you've never heard such screaming in your life!:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

I live in nowhere, too. Septic, no garbage pickup, big bugs, deer. I swear we have had wild turkeys, 2 horses, a bunch of sheep, a 3 foot tall white bird, deer, snakes, a tarantulla, scorpions and these huge 4 to 5 inch long beetles that have wandered into our yard. The first year we lived here I actually stepped on a scorpion and a huge beetle in my kitchen(luckily I had shoes on)...you've never heard such screaming in your life!:hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

jmcadon, where do you live -- sounds like the Amazon (or Florida)....LOL

In FL we have alligators, snakes, deer, otter, bob cats, turtles, spiders, scorpions, roaches, all sorts of birds, and we live in a populated golf course area. I can handle most of it except for the snakes..........that'a why I don't carry anything snakeskin, guess I have a phobia.

I've been to Williamsburg several times. I grew up in Pennsylvania and my father absolutely loved Virginia, so we'd go down there for vacation a lot.

Small world! After living in Ca, we moved back when I was 11 to Hampton Roads. We lived about 30 minutes from williamsburg. I actually worked at Colonial Williamsburg two summers, one at the visitor's center and the other as one of the costumed reenactors in Colonial Williamsburg.

I love King's Arm Tavern. We go there every Christmas Eve for their Holiday supper.

I don't know how you all do it..... it's all I can do to put up with ants occasionaly, a squirrel now and again digging up my freshly planted flowers and this new grey cat that has taken up residence in our backyard recently. Pretty boring in the critter area I'm happy to say :tup: I love to visit the country but am a city girl! :yes:

But keep the stories comin' cuz I like 'em :P

^^Have you been to Williamsburg? I love it and dinner at The Kings Arms Tavern! Sooo good!Where do you hail from?

Several years ago I attended a needlework retreat in Williamsburg and lunch was at The Kings Arms Tavern...it was delicious. A friend of mine is one of the stitchers that works on the historic costumes.