Difficulty getting consultations

derpbunnie

Nov 13, 2019
I'm curious if anyone has had difficulty booking consultations? I had originally several clinics in mind to visit, but haven't been able to get a consultation: MVP (no response on either Whatsapp or Line), Inique (no response), Machimpyo (said needs to be booked at least 1 month in advance), Braun (rejected). I already booked my flight and Airbnb (end of Feb to beginning of March). So far I'm only able to get a consultation with Fresh.. I'd like to visit a few more clinics to get some second opinion on fixing my fat graft. My impression is that these clinics are all very busy... Anyone have any suggestions? :-s

Reactions: Looking Purdy
I think those clinics all have their own translators? But I'm open to getting a translator. Where do you find one?
Hey there are a lot of great independent translators. I myself use Brian (kkt: gwbrian) and I can recommend him as he feels personalized and resourceful.
You can book through him if anything fails (he did for me). Other popular/good ones are Jude and Ryan.

Anyway, have u joined kakaochat groups? It is a great source material (though evryrthing has to be taken with a grain of salt)

i’ve been having lots of trouble getting online consultations with clinics too. so far i’ve only got reply from docfinderkorea but they don’t provide clinic names untill you accept the services!

i’m wondering if i can just do walk-in consultations in korea at this point

Hey there are a lot of great independent translators. I myself use Brian (kkt: gwbrian) and I can recommend him as he feels personalized and resourceful.
You can book through him if anything fails (he did for me). Other popular/good ones are Jude and Ryan.

Anyway, have u joined kakaochat groups? It is a great source material (though evryrthing has to be taken with a grain of salt)
Hiya. Which kakao groups do you recommend and can you invite mee :smile:

I could be the messages are getting lost in the tons of messages they get... also Kakao talk is the most common app for Koreans and they one they often reply to the most... try that.

If theses places are too busy to get back to you.. then there a 100s of others Clincis and Drs. that might be as good and more willing to get back you.

I have the same question. I am booked to go to Korea in a month for a little over a month. My assumption was I could just have a list of places to go to and walk in to get consultations? Is that a horrible idea?
* I am planning for just a rhinoplasty

Hi! So I’ve been messaging all the clinics in Korean since I speak some Korean, but you are definitely more likely to get a response if you send a message in Korean via KakaoTalk (just use the Papago app to translate English to Korean; it’s very sophisticated and wayyy better than Google translate - my Korean isn’t perfect either so I use this to patch it up!) I actually booked consultations with a lot of the clinics you mentioned @derpbunnie right around end of Feb / early March and Inique has never taken more than a day to get back to me via KKT. I’ve also messaged a lot of the same clinics via LINE and WhatsApp in English and they just seem to check those accounts way less frequently.
Feel free to DM me if you still need help!

I'm curious if anyone has had difficulty booking consultations? I had originally several clinics in mind to visit, but haven't been able to get a consultation: MVP (no response on either Whatsapp or Line), Inique (no response), Machimpyo (said needs to be booked at least 1 month in advance), Braun (rejected). I already booked my flight and Airbnb (end of Feb to beginning of March). So far I'm only able to get a consultation with Fresh.. I'd like to visit a few more clinics to get some second opinion on fixing my fat graft. My impression is that these clinics are all very busy... Anyone have any suggestions? :-s
how long before u booked ur flight did u message them?? now im kinda scared that i wont get my consultation dates when i go korea /:

I tried booking consultations (4 months ahead of time rn going in September) first two were successful but I'm having trouble with reaching this last clinic. I even called their number out of desperation and somebody responded in Korean then hung up on me once they heard my speak in English (criNGE). I'm trying to talk to them on kakaotalk even with responding in Korean using Google Translate but have not had success because they haven't even looked at my messages after I started off speaking in English. Is this clinic anti foreigner? Do they not have any english consultants? Should I have a translator do this for me? Give up on this clinic? Walk in with a translator? Help