Different treatment because of your Hermes?

Just my experience, I had a regular SA who would always remember DH and I and say hello and be really helpful. Well, I went in one time by myself and she didn't recognize me. I asked to see a few scarves and she was not at all the friendly SA she was when Chris was there. When he came in she remembered who I was. :rolleyes: She was recognizing him, not me and I felt like saying Lady, if it wasn't for me wanting all this stuff he probably wouldn't be shopping here! :lol: So now I don't have a regular SA, I just go with whoever offers to help me! :shame:

crochetbella said:
Just my experience, I had a regular SA who would always remember DH and I and say hello and be really helpful. Well, I went in one time by myself and she didn't recognize me. I asked to see a few scarves and she was not at all the friendly SA she was when Chris was there. When he came in she remembered who I was. :rolleyes: She was recognizing him, not me and I felt like saying Lady, if it wasn't for me wanting all this stuff he probably wouldn't be shopping here! :lol: So now I don't have a regular SA, I just go with whoever offers to help me! :shame:
I just don't get it. The women are usually the ones buying at Hermes, but the men get preferential treatment?

Reactions: orangefeast
crochetbella said:

LOL! I can't believe the overt difference in treatment. Who would be doing the paying at the store, you or your DH? Could that be the difference (although my guess is that it isn't)

hermesgroupie said:
I just don't get it. The women are usually the ones buying at Hermes, but the men get preferential treatment?
ok now please anyone do not be offended it is just my experience:
a lot of the female sa´s are in a job where they most definately can not afford the goods they are selling on their own.so the assumption is clear: a woman comes in with her husband = he has the money if he feels good here he will spend for her (the wifey) it is just out of their world sometimes that there are indeed women out there making money on their own ,by themselfes , all alone . pretty pathetic but true

Of course men get preferential treatment! Most men are not there to browse around the store.....they are there alone or dragged by their wife/significant other to BUY! I have gone to so many boutiques to compare and inspect potential buys and will go back and forth and end up leaving with nothing. My husband, on the other hand, walks in a store and within 10 minutes he makes a decision, buys, and then he's gone! Maybe all those SAs think women are wishy-washy and don't deserve the attention?

I remember that when I first started buying at Hermes, I've always walked inside by myself (wearing jeans and a messenger bag). The SAs never took me seriously until one day I left the store with couple thousand dollars worth of merchandise. The next time I came in, one of them asked me if I'm married because she didn't see a ring. I told her I was single and I could see her face fell a little (she looked disappointed all right). However, she cheered up when I told her I have families and relatives (and extended families) who love leather goods. And you know what? After that I still have SAs (other SAs) ask me whether I was married. Actually, even the security guard asked me the one time I walked in there with my ostrich Kelly. They seem to think that women who can spend at Hermes must be married or something. :hrmm:

lilach said:
a lot of the female sa´s are in a job where they most definately can not afford the goods they are selling on their own.so the assumption is clear: a woman comes in with her husband = he has the money if he feels good here he will spend for her (the wifey) it is just out of their world sometimes that there are indeed women out there making money on their own ,by themselfes , all alone . pretty pathetic but true
Ugh, what archaic thinking.

lilach said:

I hope no one is offended by my response: I'm also wondering if it's because it seems so recent that Hermes started targeting younger folks? I guess because Hermes has been around for so long and, until recently, it was thought of as a fashion house for women from the generation who had to rely on husbands to support them?

HiHeels said:
the beverly hills store is just a few blocks from a whole foods.

Oh, that's right!:shame: I totally forgot about Whole Foods! And the parking there is such a nightmare:blink: I guess if it were me, and I was running short on time (like I usually am), it'd make more sense to stop at Hermes after grocery shopping, before I get to the car.

pr1nc355 said:
I hope no one is offended by my response: I'm also wondering if it's because it seems so recent that Hermes started targeting younger folks? I guess because Hermes has been around for so long and, until recently, it was thought of as a fashion house for women from the generation who had to rely on husbands to support them?
Hmmmmm, good point there. However, everytime I go to my store I frequently see women buying for themselves.

hermesgroupie said:
Hmmmmm, good point there. However, everytime I go to my store I frequently see women buying for themselves.

But, especially for older women (and again, please don't be offended:shame: ), is it possible that they're paying with their husband's cc's or a cc paid for by him?

pr1nc355 said:
But, especially for older women (and again, please don't be offended:shame: ), is it possible that they're paying with their husband's cc's or a cc paid for by him?
it surely is. and to be honest i know for a fact that the minority of women shopping at hermès is paying by themselfes.
but still it is wrong to assume always that it is the guy who buys

pr1nc355 said:
Geez, I'm single and so used to paying for everything myself I can't even fathom someone else paying my bills.:shocked: LOL!

lilach said:
it surely is. and to be honest i know for a fact that the minority of women shopping at hermès is paying by themselfes.
but still it is wrong to assume always that it is the guy who buys
So, I'm in the minority buying my own bags. What am I doing wrong!? LOL!