Different treatment because of your Hermes?

I have no BF or DH, buy my own H (...admittedly with money from my parents) and I've never had a problem with service?

Then again, I am one of those people who does not like to be "bothered" while I am browsing. I really don't like to be rushed at by an SA when I enter the store first and like the opportunity to look around alone for a while before deciding whether or not I want to speak to an SA and actually purchase anything that day. I feel bad taking up their time with questions if I'm not actually going to buy, especially since I can obtain all the information I need here on PF! There are times I like to visit H stores even if I know I'm not in a position to purchase much or even anything, just to see what's in stock and get a look at some items for myself in person.

The Only Place I May Get More Is Hermes (Which Always Helps W/Purchasing).....& That's Fine With Me ~ I Want My Hermes For Me!!!!!! We Are All Princes/Princesses ~ We Should Get That Treatment No Matter What:love:

Vintage Kellys always get me more attention at Hermes than any other bag. But I think it does help overall when entering any H store anywhere if you have something Hermes on.

Hermes jewelry is always noted as well by Hermes SAs.

Barneys here in Beverly Hills is usually great regardless of what I am wearing although there is always an Hermes either on my arm or on the stroller. Their sales people will tell me that Valextra is on par "with your Hermes for quality" so my bag gets referenced in that way.

SAs at Cartier and Tiffany will routinely comment on my bags as I enter the store. They are usually men.

I walked into Hermes in Bal Harbour with my toile/berenia Trim and all the SAs ignored me...go figure that? I wish I had brought my Kelly or Birkin to see then how they would treat me.

That's a shame...usually Adele or Bernardo are very nice and accommodating...but I agree about the rest of the SA's there. Maybe the former two were off that day.

Wow, all these stories sound pretty horrible

I think I've only been to H twice and both times I got really nice SA's

First time around, I was just browsing and the SA insisted on showing me around the store and gave me some perfume samples. The second time around, I was buying a twilly and the other SA treated me like a queen.

Come shop in Vancouver, ladies! Maybe we just have nicer SA's here?

:confused1:

I've gotten great service on Rodeo Drive looking like an average tourist, but I did get one drooling after me when she saw my VERY small Hermes bag with a keyring and card case inside.

It was in Atlanta though where I had a SA obviously go nuts when he saw my Hermes bag (the shopping bag I mean). He pounced when I entered the store. Too funny.

While I think that's true, I think HOW you carry yourself matters more than anything. SAs, like many people, can smell fear, and if you're remotely thinking that you're going to be treated differently because you dressed down or whatever, then they'll do what you expect.

I'm certainly not going to dress up to go shopping, but regardless of what type of jewelry I'm wearing, or the bag I'm carrying, rarely am I ignored or treated badly. Granted, I'm in the top 1 percentile for a woman's height, and I'm about as invisible as a mountain, but I tend to dress for comfort when heading to the mall. For me that can mean anything from overalls to yoga pants to twills. I've gotten good service at Saks, Tiffany, David Yurman...etc. looking THAT casual.

IF someone has judged me by my appearance, and I do believe that happened with a SA at Hermes, well, he's watched me spend THOUSANDS since then, and couldn't he just kick himself now.

i think everyone judges you by your appearance, SAs are just no exception. it reveals more about the person doing the judging then about the person being judged, ironically.

^ This is true. I was literally sized up at another high end boutique the other day. Quite disgusting I tell you. And I would have immediately left had the other (older & obviously wiser) SA not greeted me so warmly. And I was using my Trim.

However this was a first. All my handbags, regardless of radar visibility or venue (H or otherwise), USUALLY generate a warm reaction.

It's typical that SAs often look at the way you dress. One way to demand attention is to wear a very expensive watch or a Chanel tweed jacket. They mean super-money.

*Want VIP treatment? Park your sports car outside the store. Don't have a sports car? Rent a Bentley with a driver.* (Just kidding of course..)

Whenever I go high-scale shopping, I just put on a dress wrapped with LV shawl with ballerina flats (*it's so comfortable!!*) and wear my black-diamond Alain Silberstein. You don't even need to carry a birkin, they will look at you immediately.

I don't think this really happen in other upscale boutiques like LV, Chanel, etc. If you carry a birkin to these stores, they will treat you like a queen. Maybe for Hermes, is that SAs have seen countless of customers coming in with their birkins so it is a normal sight for them. :yes:

LOL ! Anyone want to rent me? I get ignored until I find someone I want to give my business to!

Attachments

• Bentley:Birkin.jpg
    Bentley:Birkin.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 525
I roll up in my Vespa in a pair of sneakers and I always get the best treatment. Not every SA is qualifying their buyers. When I was in sales we had a saying that if the shopper is too well dressed that she already spent all her money on her outfit!

That being said, Duchess you look HOT!

Well said Castorny.

I've shown up in my local store in yoga wear and running shoes and had terrific service. Personally, I think it's how you hold yourself and how you treat others.

Duchess you look good.

duchess, you are a classy gal...I'd be an SA for a day just to serve you! BUT you've got to take me for a spin in the car of yours!!! and for a test drive...why...I'll detail the whole car for you! :tup::tup:LOL!!

attachment.php