diamond shine!!!

what to do?

• keep the diamond shine flap and return the square vintage box

• keep the square vintage box and return the diamond shine

• return both and just get the classic east/west caviar!

Results are only viewable after voting.
hirarupanda,
I am so sorry about your bag. Sure you know how pisses off I am about the bronze reissue. Indeed how could these obvious flaws get past quality control. First ,the gold bowling peeling now this. I was horrified when that bag started to peel. After only a few hours it started, so happy about the reissue. As I was returning it to the sleeper I saw the bottom. I just felt sick to my stomach and really, really, unhappy. Let's just hope my SA can locate another one in Europe somewhere . Great you were able to locate another bag.

I totally totally understand your feeling!!! I mean I am pretty much having quality issue with each chanel handbag purchase too!! Call me picky, but I think if it is obvious enough for me to catch it, then something is just wrong with their quality control. I hope you find your bag. I am crossing my finger now, but I have learned not to be too optimistic about it...so we will see.

hikarupanda,

I'm sorry about that. I once have similiar problem with a pink caviar 2.55 too. I have to go throught all 6 of the bags in the store & everyone of them have the leather peeling at upper inner corner! I was a dissappointed of CHanel's quality for brand new bag at $1600 plus!

I hope you can get a perfect one. Also, I'm dying to see a red one. Could you please post it if you have not return it?

BTW. On Friday I found out that there is one black one left at Saks in Biltmore Malls (Scottsdale). I was checking around for the blue one.

hi all, i went to pick up my red diamond shine flap today. But I am so bumped now. My local Saks only got 4 in on Wed and they all sold out according to the SA. Because I called ahead of time b4 the bags arrived I was able to get one and I picked it up today, but the one I have has leather peeling off on the side of the flap (the lambskin part), honestly I really think Chanel's quality is not as good as they were (I just read another thread about bubble at the bottom of a reissue....).....I am so pissed.....I want to call other Saks tomorrow to see if I can order another one. But I know not all Saks have Chanel......so if you have seen the red diamond shine flap recently in Saks in your area, please PM me and let me know.....

This is what I called "fatal flaw", and it really bothers me....so worse come to worse if I cannot find another one I will have to return the one I got.....

What??? There's only one black one left in the country? Or at that Saks?!!!!!

lol I'm freaking out because I won't get enough money until Wednesday to buy this and it might be sold out (!!!!!) by now..?!!!

hilarupanda,
This seems to be happening an awful lot. If,the customer is able to spot the flaws and it comes onto the market there must be a quality control issue.Thank you so much for the support hopefullly, I will be able to locate another bag. I really want to get the reissue b.red. If I am in fact able to get one I will be sure that the SA gives it a complete check before it is shipped. Will keep you posted.

This is interesting info. I too had a problem when I bought my black med Cambon tote last year. The pocket on the back of the bag was crooked. I didn't notice it in the boutique but when I got back to the hotel room. It was almost midnight & called the store manager right away. They were closing so I had to exchange it the next day. Surprisingly, they were not that apologetic and acted like they were in disbelief and really inspected the bag as if I may have done a bait and switch. I didn't say anything because I know they have to protect themselves from someone who might try to return a fake. Lesson learned, always really inspect the bag right there in the store even if they bring it to you from the back all wrapped up.

You know, I always inspect the bag in the store, however, I can always find some more problems when I get home. From my past experience I think chanel flap bags tend to have problems with the leather peeling off at the edge of the flap where it is folded. I think the problem is when they make the flap they didn't make the part where it will be folded smaller enough to fit inside the bag perfectly when you close the flap. As the result the leather of this area on the edge of the flap got squeezed and eventually got damaged and leather start peeling off (I am not sure if you understand what I mean....but anyhow...). I figure chanel has been making flap bags for the past 50+ years they should be able to deal with this issue.....so yes, I am truly disappointed and if the next red bag coming in still have this problem I am not going to keep this bag.

I received my another red diamond shine by mail today, I must say I am so disappointed as with this one the leather is also peeling off at the edge.......I am so turned off now I have decided to return both and forget about it. I guess although the color is nice, I was never really too into this color since it is not really me....and I found it difficult to match with my wardrobe. And now the quality is not that great either, I am going to return it and save for my next favorite bag!

All this talk about peeling flaps had me run to inspect my jumbo caviar (dark brown) and no peeling around the edges so far. I even wore my trusty magnified reading glasses! Here's hoping I don't ever see it. I'm disappointed to hear of peeling at all. I thought after flying the Chloe coop with all the peeling lock/hardware talk that Chanel would be safe and well constructed. Guess not. :sad: