depressing relationship :( (kinda long)

Rebecca ~ You Are So Sweet...I Don't Want You To Have Pain.

Your Story Definitely Brought Back Memories Of Bfs' Past. Even The Nicest Guys Can Be Such Weirdos. So Many Guys Don't Want To Talk About Things Like We Do (Like, The Deep Down Emotions!).

Anytime You Need To Talk About Anything...I'm Here! Ok? :smile: ~Kara

I had my fair share of ignorant guys but yours seem more egoistic. A relationship whereby only 1 party is putting in effort to sustain will not last. Even if it did, I doubt there was any happiness at all. Over these years I convinced myself that love is not the only deciding factor for me and if the man can't make me happy then no amount of love can make me stay.

rebecca15, What you are going through is sad and one day you'll look back at this experience in your life and realize it was part of the learning curve of relationships.

Ask yourself, "how do I feel with him" the majority of the time? Try writing down the Pros and Cons List on a piece of paper or do it mentally.

People will treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Ideally, when your with a partner, there should be no doubt that you hung the moon and stars (as far as he's concerned) thus he will treat you with respect, kindness and actions demonstrating his love for you.

There are more fish in the sea. Like someone else said "It's better to be alone", than be miserable in a relationship going nowhere. You'll be happier by yourself than a backpack of heartache tagging along. Leave him and have peace of mind. Then you'll find someone who will really treat you right.!!!!

rebecca15, you deserve a better guy! Some guys are like that (no surprises, presents, sweet thoughts) when it comes to showing that they love you. If affection & warmth is what you need, you should find a man that can provide that without you asking them to.

Don't make the same mistake I've made. Please don't let time go on with this dead end relationship. You could be using this time with someone else in a healthier, more mature relationship.

Seriously dump him, he isn't going to change and you deserve better. Even if you're really into him just break it off, and believe me in a couple of weeks you'll feel better. I can't believe he didn't get you anything for your birthday! There is no way this guy can be reformed. He's putting in minimal effort and you know I'd wonder if he's cheating or looking with his behavior, its like he doesn't care.

You're probably into him because you're in chase mode, you need to get into chased mode girl!

Maybe this sounds harsh but you'll find someone to treat you great because you deserve that.

I dont want to give advice,(ive been down the the bad bf road before,I was happy when i was able to end it. You live once and you should live it to the fullest, i know its corny but its true. One day you are gonna be old and you dont want to regret being unhappy )

I think since you are thinking about it it means something.. and there are TONS of guys out there ones that remember valentines day .. I had a friend that was long distance w/ his gf and for 14 days he mailed her something.. they were small inexpensive things songs poems and stuff but it was WAY NICE!!! :0)... you need and deserve someone who treats you like a princess. cause w/ out us men would be NOTHING!!!!

Good luck and i hope for the best *hugs*

rebecca15 said:
i dont understand why someone doesn't want to do anything special for me you mean you don't understand why HE doesn't want to do anything special. He is only one guy...
i dont think he takes me seriously. good Guess.
and the only thing he says when i say im seriously considering leaving him is "you'll miss me" what a self absorbed ASS. i try not to laugh in his face. am i crazy for still loving him?? Yes. Whats to love?are there guys out there who will treat me better?? Absolutely. The US population just hit 500 mil. I think your odds are 100% in your favor. im hoping so but it seems doubtful...:cry: i need some reassurance b4 i make or break it with this guy.Oh my God. What are you waiting for? Lose this albatross!

I think you already know the answer. If its this bad now, do you really think it will ever get any better?

It's fourth and long, sweetie, it's time to punt! There are tons of great guys out there, you need to find him. Hang in there, I know it's very difficult because you care about him, but you're better off getting rid of him.

Rebecca---in your post you asked if there were better guys out there for you and my answer to that is yes!! There are guys who will celebrate v-day with you and give you everything you wish for on your birthday because he cares for you.....Dont hold out because of your current bf. He is not appreciating what you have to offer.

It's been a few days already...let us know what's happened.