Creating My Couture Loft Closet

Thanks for the link! Beautiful closet! NOW you need to start a scarf thread!!!! [emoji7][emoji120][emoji322][emoji254]

Thank you, BBC. I will put it on my to-do list. That would take at least a week. What I really need to do is start listing things again. My closet is overflowing.

Thank you, BBC. I will put it on my to-do list. That would take at least a week. What I really need to do is start listing things again. My closet is overflowing.

Of course! I have the opposite problem - I over-edit my collection. Had I never sold any scarves, I would have well over 250 Carrès, 20 GMs, 20 large mousselines, 10 GM silks, 15 pochettes, 30 twillies, 5 70s and various pointus and jerseys. As it stands, I have 5 carrès, 2 mousseline, 1 GM silk, 1 GM cashmere and 2 twillies. Crazy!

Of course! I have the opposite problem - I over-edit my collection. Had I never sold any scarves, I would have well over 250 Carrès, 20 GMs, 20 large mousselines, 10 GM silks, 15 pochettes, 30 twillies, 5 70s and various pointus and jerseys. As it stands, I have 5 carrès, 2 mousseline, 1 GM silk, 1 GM cashmere and 2 twillies. Crazy!

LOL, I don't feel so badly now! Maybe I just haven't reached the purge state yet! I really do need to go through my closet and start selling again. It looks nothing like it did when I first built it. Warning ladies if you are viewing this for the first time. The more room you have the more you feel the need to shop :nuts:

LOL, I don't feel so badly now! Maybe I just haven't reached the purge state yet! I really do need to go through my closet and start selling again. It looks nothing like it did when I first built it. Warning ladies if you are viewing this for the first time. The more room you have the more you feel the need to shop :nuts:

That's me all the time - buying and selling. I don't have a "one in, one out" rule or anything like that, but my tastes change and what I keep reflects that. I am lately interested in moving towards certain color schemes - so that everything has something that goes with it. I had bought a gorgeous turquoise Chanel WOC and sold it because I really had nothing to go with it, and I didn't want to go in that direction.

When I did my closet, I was already a collector. I really wanted to do my island with a glass top and drawers so I could display my scarves like in the store. It didn't work out that way because we put the computer on the island (there's a cutout for a padded stool-height chair) but I did wind up with scarf drawers. That's my favorite. I try to keep it all to one drawer, though.

That's me all the time - buying and selling. I don't have a "one in, one out" rule or anything like that, but my tastes change and what I keep reflects that. I am lately interested in moving towards certain color schemes - so that everything has something that goes with it. I had bought a gorgeous turquoise Chanel WOC and sold it because I really had nothing to go with it, and I didn't want to go in that direction.

When I did my closet, I was already a collector. I really wanted to do my island with a glass top and drawers so I could display my scarves like in the store. It didn't work out that way because we put the computer on the island (there's a cutout for a padded stool-height chair) but I did wind up with scarf drawers. That's my favorite. I try to keep it all to one drawer, though.

Your closet sounds lovely. I would love to see a picture of it. I keep one of my iPads up in the closet so that I can work up there if I want to. Usually, I just use it to make sure that something I am about to buy isn't something that I already have or too close to what I already have. I would never have a problem finding something to go with something else. I have that much (too much) stuff. I had thought about the glass top for the island to display scarves, but was already amassing more than could be displayed nicely and if I put them in a drawer I would never use any except the top few scarves. Hanging them on hangers at least I can pull the hangers out and look through them with messing them up too badly.

Love your walk-up closet. It's fabulous. I wish I will able to have a closet like that, but I live in the big city. Space is matter. I enjoy reading your post how it process and done. Also love the idea of the day bed hidden on the walk. ;)

Love your walk-up closet. It's fabulous. I wish I will able to have a closet like that, but I live in the big city. Space is matter. I enjoy reading your post how it process and done. Also love the idea of the day bed hidden on the walk. ;)

Thank you so much. It still is my favorite room in the house.

I really love the closet! It seems like such a bright, modern space that you could even hang out in, what with the day bed! But what I really love is your shoe collection. I have a couple designer purses and one pair of CL's, but other than that one pair I don't really have any designer shoes. Your shoe collection is lust worthy.