CONFIRMED by LV - LV WILL have a price increase on Nov 1st

omg i am so grateful there will be no price increase in canada...
but maybe i should get something... JUST IN CASE!
omg i remember going to the states to buy lv before.. but it's no longer worth it!

That's good Canada won't have an increase!!! I had e-mailed to ask, but I got the exact same answer as Virgo got (which in my case did not answer my questions at all!!!). But it's good you guys all know so much!

I think that more and more middle class people are buying LV and they want to keep it exclusive. They keep raising the prices to make them unattainable.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I always saw Coach as more upper-middle class, and they're doing the same thing. It used to be that you could get a good sized bag for like $200 at Coach. At the same time they were going for like $500 at LV. Now the LVs are about $800 and a lot of the Coaches are $500.

But at least with Coach it's not quite so transparent. They change their line up all the time. New colors, new clasps, etc are always added which keeps the line fresh. When they change a price people don't notice because it's on a new line. But with LV it's the same old stuff just with higher prices. In some cases it's the same old stuff with machine stitching and or flimsier clasps (like the damier papillion) at higher prices. :sad:

I already have my essential pieces, and in the future I will probably only buy used, since I prefer an established medium patina anyway. The price increases would be totally understandable IF the quality was still remarkable and consistent. But sadly it is not.

I think that more and more middle class people are buying LV and they want to keep it exclusive. They keep raising the prices to make them unattainable.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I always saw Coach as more upper-middle class, and they're doing the same thing. It used to be that you could get a good sized bag for like $200 at Coach. At the same time they were going for like $500 at LV. Now the LVs are about $800 and a lot of the Coaches are $500.

But at least with Coach it's not quite so transparent. They change their line up all the time. New colors, new clasps, etc are always added which keeps the line fresh. When they change a price people don't notice because it's on a new line. But with LV it's the same old stuff just with higher prices. In some cases it's the same old stuff with machine stitching and or flimsier clasps (like the damier papillion) at higher prices. :sad:

You make very good points and I think there is a certain ring of truth to that. And that makes me disappointed. I always thought the point of luxury goods was luxury QUALITY, MATERIALS, and SERVICE. "Rich" people can afford to pay for the overall quality (be it in service, product, etc.) of the product and that's why they're the ones carrying it, not because price is used as a discriminating factor. I hope I'm making at least some sense.

This is completely ridiculous!!! There is no reason for 3 price increases in one year!!!! Argh. My purse ban is up in December and I have been dying to get a damier papillon. I still really want it but I'm really pissed about the increase. I would probably be better off by dh extending my purse ban till April (my b-day) and just get a fendi spy bag. If I ever buy Vuitton in the future it will be from let-trade.

I, too, find this to be ridiculous. Not that the loss of my business will put much of a dent in their sales, but I'm seriously rethinking saving up for their bags anymore. By the time I save up for one the price has been increased twice!