CONFIRMED by LV - LV WILL have a price increase on Nov 1st

My speedy 25, 30 years ago was pricey for me at $195.00 without tax and it still look new when I gave it away last year.

I bought a Speedy 30 in 1991 for $230.00. That was 15 years ago!

Are you telling me that the price only increased $35.00 in that 15 year span? WOW!

They (LV) have made up for lost time lately. :shrugs:

A Speedy 30 is $620.00 now.

That's a difference of $390.00 in the past 15 years! That's ridiculous!!:cursing:

I don't see what warrants the 3rd price hike in a year. It seems from what I am reading on the PF and seeing in my own recent (past few years) purchases the "quality" is going down not up.

I don't see what warrants the 3rd price hike in a year. It seems from what I am reading on the PF and seeing in my own recent (past few years) purchases the "quality" is going down not up.

My issue reaction exactly when I picked up with my love affair with LV again... :upsidedown: Maybe this is the LVAA button that will stop me from ever looking at their gorgeous purses anymore....:crybaby: :s

I was being naive and thought that the price increase rumor was due to the endlessly increasing EURO, our government sucks, fine, whatever... after reading the LV official email, I was so disappointed because EURO is not the #1 reason!

If they want more of our money, they better do a better job in their products. I absolutely don't mind paying them more if that's the case. I know cars get more expensive each year, because they enhance their cars over time. Nowadays cars of the same model are more energy efficient, more comfortable, more aerodynamic... Can someone tell me, what's the difference between a mono speedy 5 years ago and the one sold today?

I haven't heard of a product recall, have ya? I can't find anything in the forum at least. People either have to complain and getting pissed off before they get some attention, or they go figure out their own work around. Damier lining bleeding with a pearl Vernis wallet, perfect match. I pay for a piece of luxury good and I have to worry about stuff like this? BS.

Now I think about it, higher Euro is not a reason anymore. If they want to use Euro, tariffs, and taxes as an excuse, they better not sell anything to us that's made in the USA.

I assume you all know that the quality of fake LVs nowadays are so perfect, that it's getting more difficult to distinguish from the real thing. I was listening to the radio when I was back home (HK) last year. (Disclaimer: they were not trying to promote fake, they were just kidding) They were saying the physical design of the fakes were better than the original! Like they have extra compartments in the bags, or more useful accessories (like cosmetic case with mirror...) than LV. Now what do we get from MJ?
PPWovenBag.jpg

Very funny.

Of course, they'd be people who don't mind spending money on this kind of luxury goods. To me, I spend money on luxury goods that are

I was being naive and thought that the price increase rumor was due to the endlessly increasing EURO, our government sucks, fine, whatever... after reading the LV official email, I was so disappointed because EURO is not the #1 reason!

If they want more of our money, they better do a better job in their products. I absolutely don't mind paying them more if that's the case. I know cars get more expensive each year, because they enhance their cars over time. Nowadays cars of the same model are more energy efficient, more comfortable, more aerodynamic... Can someone tell me, what's the difference between a mono speedy 5 years ago and the one sold today?

I haven't heard of a product recall, have ya? I can't find anything in the forum at least. People either have to complain and getting pissed off before they get some attention, or they go figure out their own work around. Damier lining bleeding with a pearl Vernis wallet, perfect match. I pay for a piece of luxury good and I have to worry about stuff like this? BS.

Now I think about it, higher Euro is not a reason anymore. If they want to use Euro, tariffs, and taxes as an excuse, they better not sell anything to us that's made in the USA.

I assume you all know that the quality of fake LVs nowadays are so perfect, that it's getting more difficult to distinguish from the real thing. I was listening to the radio when I was back home (HK) last year. (Disclaimer: they were not trying to promote fake, they were just kidding) They were saying the physical design of the fakes were better than the original! Like they have extra compartments in the bags, or more useful accessories (like cosmetic case with mirror...) than LV. Now what do we get from MJ?
PPWovenBag.jpg

Very funny.

Of course, there'd be people who don't mind spending money on this kind of luxury goods. To me, I make sure every penny that I spend worths. I like LV because I used to know their products have nice design and exceptionally durable. However, does it make price increase 3 times in a year justifiable? I don't think so.

I bought a Speedy 30 in 1991 for $230.00. That was 15 years ago!

Are you telling me that the price only increased $35.00 in that 15 year span? WOW!

A Speedy 30 is $620.00 now.

That's a difference of $390.00 in the past 15 years! That's ridiculous!!:cursing:

*jaw drops*