Cartier watch owners: please show us your watches...

Hi! i plan to get the small tank steel must soon as i’ve been wanting it for awhile now. i would also one day like to get the small gold tank louis cartier in the future, as it is several times more expensive and likely out of my current budget. do you think having both would be redundant? do any of you have both in your collection and love that you have both? thanks’

Hi! i plan to get the small tank steel must soon as i’ve been wanting it for awhile now. i would also one day like to get the small gold tank louis cartier in the future, as it is several times more expensive and likely out of my current budget. do you think having both would be redundant? do any of you have both in your collection and love that you have both? thanks’
I had the small Louis Cartier mechanical watch in rose gold. It was so delicate and fussy (sent to Cartier twice for repairs in 2yrs.) that I sold it and bought the mid-size Must. If I had kept both, I would have used the steel Must a lot more because my jewelry is all platinum and white gold. My favorite part of the Louis Cartier was the whiskey colored strap, so I bought one to change out with my Must. I don’t really miss the LC at all.

Reactions: thepinkavocado22
I had the small Louis Cartier mechanical watch in rose gold. It was so delicate and fussy (sent to Cartier twice for repairs in 2yrs.) that I sold it and bought the mid-size Must. If I had kept both, I would have used the steel Must a lot more because my jewelry is all platinum and white gold. My favorite part of the Louis Cartier was the whiskey colored strap, so I bought one to change out with my Must. I don’t really miss the LC at all.
thanks for your input and vote of confidence on the steel must, although i wear mostly gold jewelry. hopefully the contrast mix metals won’t look strange.

My mom kindly gave me her Cartier Tank Must de Vermeil watch from the 90s! The gold isn't solid so I was debating taking it to Cartier in London to see if they would replace the case. I had seen someone on reddit mention that is a possibility (with a 1-2k charge). Anyone here ever tried that? For now, it's still in excellent condition and the vermeil hasn't faded at all but if I end up only wearing this watch long-term, I'm a little concerned.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 240
My mom kindly gave me her Cartier Tank Must de Vermeil watch from the 90s! The gold isn't solid so I was debating taking it to Cartier in London to see if they would replace the case. I had seen someone on reddit mention that is a possibility (with a 1-2k charge). Anyone here ever tried that? For now, it's still in excellent condition and the vermeil hasn't faded at all but if I end up only wearing this watch long-term, I'm a little concerned.
My MIL has a vermeil Tank as well! We got it serviced and ordered new straps as a Christmas gift last year. I am so curious to know if Cartier would replace the vermeil with solid gold. Love your tank! Sentimental gifts are the best 🤍

Reactions: sshah13
Hello! I’m torn between two rose gold watches. May I get your opinion on which one I should get? In terms of size I prefer 34-37mm but torn between which one looks better. I’m leaning toward a versatile watch that can be formal but also worn daily if I chose to.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_0974.jpeg
    IMG_0974.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0972.jpeg
    IMG_0972.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0969.jpeg
    IMG_0969.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 189
That's a tough one. I have both and love them equally. Would say that the Ballon bleue is more the all day / everyday watch which also is the one I normally wear. The Dumont is more elegant but I wouldn't consider this one to wear constantly.

Reactions: Tina_Bina
Hello! I’m torn between two rose gold watches. May I get your opinion on which one I should get? In terms of size I prefer 34-37mm but torn between which one looks better. I’m leaning toward a versatile watch that can be formal but also worn daily if I chose to.

Thank you!
I like the Dumont. Is the other a Ronde? I thought it had a date wheel at III.

Reactions: Tina_Bina