Cartier or Rolex.....Which do you prefer??

Bumping up this thread. I’ve always preferred a Rolex watch over the Cartier. I’ve now thinking about getting a Cartier piece due to the Rolex shortage. I really want one classic timepiece item. I still need to try the Cartier on again,
last time I tried one I was a little underwhelmed, but now starting to really like the square faced dial.

reasons for Rolex date just without diamonds in silver
holds their value
black face - I like the slightly edgy look with my feminine looks
classic

Not sure about my chances of getting the watch in the combination that I want

reasons for Cartier Panthere de Cartier or Tank without diamonds in silver
slightly cheaper
no shortage, can get one relatively straight away without purchase history
Slightly more feminine
slightly different look - I don’t have a square face watch
don’t need to wear one everyday - I don’t wear my luxury items to work so if I don’t wear a Rolex I will need to find a way to maintain. With the Cartier if I don’t wear it everyday I can getaway without maintaining it.

if I do decide to get the Cartier I know I will still want a black face dial watch so may just get cheap watch to also have in my wardrobe To get that slightly edgy look.

For those with Rolex or Cartier what made you pick one over the other if on the fence between these two. I still really like the Rolex, just unsure about my chances as I have no purchase history, I am willing to wait if I need to, I’d rather just get the right watch for me.

Cartier or Rolex?

Deciding between the two, any opinions. Im leaning towards Cartier but nervous I will regret it because of the increasing price of Rolex, the shortage.

Rolex Datejust
View attachment 5387940
Cartier Panthere
View attachment 5387944
I like both. The cartier looks dressier and more feminine to me. Is the cartier quartz? if so, then no maintenance. but to me, I wanted Rolex because it was a "real" watch, not quartz. with a quartz watch I think you're paying more for jewelry.

Deciding between the two, any opinions. Im leaning towards Cartier but nervous I will regret it because of the increasing price of Rolex, the shortage.

Rolex Datejust
View attachment 5387940
Cartier Panthere
View attachment 5387944

I am a Cartier girl (I have the Francaise SS, the Santos G/SS, and a Must Tank), but I have to add that I still vacillate about purchasing a Rolex for my collection simply because the design is so distinct and timeless. I'm not much for diamond embellishments, but I am leaning towards the Rolex--especially given the shortage! There are so many items I look back on and wish I had scooped before everything went insane, so I take that as a sign. You can't go wrong, either way though, so best wishes!

Just want to chime in. Several years ago, I always told myself that I really want a Cartier watch and that would be the only watch I would buy as a luxury watch. Then several years later, I ended up buying a Rolex watch.....and I do not regret at all :smile:.