Cara Delevingne

Can't remember where I read it, but Cara admitted that she was in need of taking better care of herself. Supposedly, she cut back on the vices and started exercising; I think she realizes that she has some pretty stiff competition in Hollywood and has to be at the top of her game in order to secure roles in films that are more than what she has done so far. Mind you, there are plenty of actresses who make a living out of the scary/horror and/or "action/cartoon" genres, but she strikes me as the type who wants to do more 'worthy' movies.

Yeah, she said so in the interview for the WSJ mag.

Her introspection has prompted her to look ahead. “When I was modeling, all I was thinking about was that moment, that day, the next hour,” she says. “When I started chilling out and learning to say no, I realized that there was a future and I could do more stuff.” Recently, she cut back on drinking and focused on getting in shape. “I’ve never been so good,” says Delevingne. “When I started looking after myself, that’s when I started getting acting roles.”

Also, I agree with you that she strikes as the type who wants to do more worthy movies and it would be a huge mistake for her if she wouldn't try take that road considering that the teenagers are the biggest movie audience and with her following, she is already known to them and that is a huge advantage for her.

As she said it:

Wherever her career takes her, Delevingne doesn’t want to limit herself. “I want to prove that you can be anything you want to be,” she says. “I love working, and I love what I do. If I f— it up now, it’s all my fault.”

It would be her fault.

Now the question is, can she act?

Yes, that .. and the competition is stiff out in LA-LA land! Nepotism is rife and sorry to say, she will need to whiten those teeth. Can't remember the model/actress who said it, but she said "pictures are one thing, movies .. everyone can see very pore, so you need to really up your game!"

It always strikes me over how easily celebs make the transition from modeling to acting or singing to acting. I know that they still put hard work in, but what I mean is, I guess they don't have to go to acting school? It seems like it would be harder to make the switch over when someone hasn't taken any acting classes, and no acting background. But maybe the name of these celebrities is so big, that they're just willing to take a chance so that people will watch it?

Yes, that .. and the competition is stiff out in LA-LA land! Nepotism is rife and sorry to say, she will need to whiten those teeth. Can't remember the model/actress who said it, but she said "pictures are one thing, movies .. everyone can see very pore, so you need to really up your game!"

Yeah, she will have to do it. Even though we Europeans don't love those perfectly white (dentist's :biggrin:) teeth, she'll have to do it, especially because she's a woman. If you look at most not American actors, they don't have them whiten and still get a role, but women... it's a different story with them, as it always is.

But she's getting a lot of roles without any of her movies (except of one or two only) even being out which says something.

It always strikes me over how easily celebs make the transition from modeling to acting or singing to acting. I know that they still put hard work in, but what I mean is, I guess they don't have to go to acting school? It seems like it would be harder to make the switch over when someone hasn't taken any acting classes, and no acting background. But maybe the name of these celebrities is so big, that they're just willing to take a chance so that people will watch it?

I think Cindy Crawford tried it, Gisele too? They both failed at it. Rosie has Transformers, now Mad Max, but we know she got Transformers primarily because of her looks and in Mad Max she's one of the Wives, but I haven't seen that movie yet so I don't really know what kind of a role that is.

Kate Upton is getting some roles, but primarily those of stupid, bimbo blondes (again all thanks to her looks).

Elle McPherson tried it, Tyra as well.

Milla Jovovich and Brooke Shields were models before turning into actresses, but they were kid models, weren't they?

Same with Carolyn Murphy, Amber Valletta, Shalom Harlow, etc. - a few movies/TV roles, but that's it. The only models that seem to have made a (somewhat) successful transition are: Rene Russo and Maud Adams.

I am sure I am in the minority but I am baffled by her success as a model. Her looks don't appeal to me at all, especially her full eye brows which detract from the rest of her face (to me).

Andie MacDowell was a long time model who was/is successful as an actress. Isabella Rosellini was older before becoming a model and then an actress.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. I agree with the teeth!!!! To make it in Hollywood you have to have white and straight teeth. Unless you're Steve Buscemi!

I am sure I am in the minority but I am baffled by her success as a model. Her looks don't appeal to me at all, especially her full eye brows which detract from the rest of her face (to me).

I don't like her looks either! But then I see certain photo shoots and she looks so striking and almost mesmerizing. I think she's photogenic and charismatic and really knows how to model (she knows her angles, how to find the light, etc) which makes up for her looks. But then, I don't think a lot of models are that attractive - for example, Gisele Bundchen is not pretty at all to me.

Surprisingly (to me at least), she actually can. I think if she stays focused, she'll be able to hold her own against other upcoming starlets. She's got a certain charisma.

Yeah, I agree actually with you. There's something about her, that's why I like her so much.

Andie MacDowell was a long time model who was/is successful as an actress. Isabella Rosellini was older before becoming a model and then an actress.

Look at her editorials, and I personally believe that she'd not have that kind of success without her eyebrows. Those give her that powerful stare of hers.

Oh, Isabella Rossellini and Andie MacDowell are the best examples actually and we haven't even remembered them :biggrin: