Food Can You Cook ?

I'm a great cook but I hate cooking when I come home from work. So I'll keep the fine cuisine for weekends/holidays and do simple quick stuff for every day.

I used to cook every night when I "lived" with my boyfriend and his flatmate. They loved it, except that they had a billion dishes and pans left to do :biggrin:

I can,but only with the help of my rather extensive library of cook books. i have no culinary instincts whatsoever and I don't get better with practice!!!

We have had three dinner parties this month (another tonight) and I've put my foot down...no more cooking for others for a very long time now!!

I may or may not be a good cook but I don't know because I have never done it. Sadly, I am 34 and am not exaggerating when I say that I have never cooked anything (except I did a one day cooking course in Thailand but they did most of the work). The closest I get to cooking is boiling pasta and putting some sauce on it. I have never used a frying pan, never chopped a vegetable, etc... I know it is pathetic. I will sometimes heat something in the oven but it is already made. I am at Whole Foods about 4 times a week -- love the salad bar. I eat out a lot but I don't eat fast food.

By the way, my mom and my brother are great cooks (my SIL doesn't really cook either). But I am the best at shopping.

I'm a great chef! My grandparents owned a bunch of restaurants, so it definitely runs in the family. I love cooking, I guess it reminds me of chemistry with all the measuring and everything. Last weekend I made an extra special dinner of Argentina style steak with a chimichurri sauce, roasted garlic spread & guacamole from scratch. It was one of the best tasting meals I've ever made!

I just love everything about cooking. I have tons of cookbooks, I love going to the farmers market and buying fresh ingredients, I watch the Food Network every Saturday morning ( :heart: Paula Deen, Alton Brown, Rachel Ray & the Barefoot Contessa) and I love reading cookbooks.

Yes I can cook and I love to do it. I wish I had more time to cook and try new things. But my Saturn also knows it way to every fast food drive thru in a 5 mile radius, on autopilot. lol Not good!

I LOVE to cook. I have always wanted to make everything from scratch. I want to make my own pasta noodles, pasta sauce from fresh tomatoes and herbs, grow my own herbs... etc. Now I'm restricted to use prepared stuff.

I like to cook different things. I make Chinese, Japanese, Italian, French, Indian, Thai... I already know how to cook Chinese by heart, but I have to follow cookbooks when it comes to other cuisines. I wish I can cook like "hmm I should add a little bit of this and a dash of that"

I've always been passionate about food. I love cooking. I'm really good at cooking. I love experimenting with recipes. I always try to recreate dishes that I've had in restaurants or different ways of improving my existing recipes. I love culinary projects.

I am the cooking queen around my house. My DH has too much of an engineer's brain to cook I think. He's a measurer and he likes to call himself my sous chef, doing things like chopping and such.

I'm rather good at french and italian and prefer to make my own recipes than follow along.
Right now I'm in a complete baking phase and all of my DH's coworkers and my classmates are getting fat because I'm sending them too many sweet treats :lol: