*BUYING* on Mercari

I know this is an old thread. My dilemma is Mercari authenticated a bag through RA. For my peace of mind I authenticated through Legit Grails and they deemed it fake. Now I have to go back and forth over which authentication results are legit.

I know this is an old thread. My dilemma is Mercari authenticated a bag through RA. For my peace of mind I authenticated through Legit Grails and they deemed it fake. Now I have to go back and forth over which authentication results are legit.
Without seeing the bag, it is hard to say, sometimes even authentic Chanel or other designer bags (or non designers) can be deemed fake, sometimes fakes can pass through authentication even authenticated in person. Suggest you get a second opinion or contact Mercari.

I bought a couple things before they announced the change. One of them I used a coupon on. The other one the seller never shipped so that got refunded. The one with the coupon arrived damaged. I opened a return request, included pictures of the damage, and immediately (meaning it was decided by computer) the return was approved and I was told I didn't need to ship it back. So I assume they paid the seller. Then I noticed that I didn't get a refund, just a credit to my Mercari account, which expires in 2 months. It was a bit sneaky since it wasn't clearly described that way in the refund notification. They credited back the coupon amount too. I'm not super mad that I didn't get a refund because it wasn't much money but it seems shady. When I made the purchase, I believe the policy was that I would get a refund, not a store credit, if I had to return. I don't know if the fact that I used a coupon or the fact that it was cheap enough that they decided I didn't need to ship it back that determined I would get store credit, or if every return now gets store credit. Maybe they figure a certain percentage of people won't use the store credit or only use part of it, so that is another income stream, not to mention that they get to keep your money and earn interest on it until you actually use that store credit and they have to pay the seller.