*BUYING* on Mercari

If Real Authentication is who they use to authenticate they better find someone new.

Am I reading correctly? Date code of 2019 with receipt from June, 2017? OMG!

Reactions: Cismith
Reactions: BeenBurned
I don’t “think”....I know. And it’s really not appropriate to be posting the “how” on here for all the other scammers to see but it’s quite obvious. The fact that you don’t see it is why these scammers get away with this and screw innocent buyers.

Reactions: kemilia and onlyk
I don’t “think”....I know. And it’s really not appropriate to be posting the “how” on here for all the other scammers to see but it’s quite obvious. The fact that you don’t see it is why these scammers get away with this and screw innocent buyers.

I am sorry if you are offended - that was certainly not my intention. I admitted that I am not an authenticator for LV, so forgive me if I don't see the obvious.

Reactions: Cismith
Since 2020 Mercari forces an authentication process ( can take up to 3 days ) before any designer item is listed. “Let’s get this authenticated” pops up automatically during the listing process.They contract “Real Authentication” to verify authenticity. When you browse Mercari you’ll see “verified authentic” badge next to those listings. The seller pays for the service to get that badge.

I bought a “verified authentic” Chanel item and it was authentic. Would never consider buying a bag there without that badge though.

Reactions: bergafer3
Since 2020 Mercari forces an authentication process ( can take up to 3 days ) before any designer item is listed. “Let’s get this authenticated” pops up automatically during the listing process.They contract “Real Authentication” to verify authenticity. When you browse Mercari you’ll see “verified authentic” badge next to those listings. The seller pays for the service to get that badge.

I bought a “verified authentic” Chanel item and it was authentic. Would never consider buying a bag there without that badge though.
Personally, if I'd bought a highly faked item, even if it came with a "badge," I'd pay for my own second opinion through another trusted service.

Just wondering if mercai is a reliable source for authentic bags. Namely Fendi and Balenciaga. What if the sight says that particular bagScreenshot_20210603-203609_Chrome.jpg has been authenticated....like this? Legit or No go,

Probably not. I recall someone in the LV forum commenting that Mercari's "authenticated" bag is still fake.

They use Lollipuff for authentication but they are not always reliable. It is probably best to use either here or other sources to double-check the authenticity just to be safe.