Breaking Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree about the asprin mask. I've been using it for about 2 weeks mixed w/ honey and it is AMAZING. I have to admit, it has been cleaning out my skin and unclogging my pores- which is GREAT, but it also means I am still breaking out a little. Give it a few more weeks though an I'm sure it will be totally clear after it finishes clearing out all the cloggyness.

Also, Murad has a spot remover that you dab on blemishes- I love it!

I recently had an awful breakout. You must use Skinceuticals' Phyto Corrective Gel and their Renew Overnight Oily to combi skin. The phyto corrective gel has calmed my skin done and slowed down all the breakouts. Also, it has started lightening the pimple scars. I use it in conjunction with Phyto+ as well. The overnight cream thing contains a 10% AHA, but is not strong at all. It's, in fact, very good at exfoliating the skin, and preventing breakouts cos of the added tangerine oil...I swear by this. If the larger zits are still there, use Dermalogica Overnight medicated acne gel. I swear by this!!

I never heard of the aspirin mask but I must try this!!! My skin hates changes in climate, and it is winter now, so my skin is not liking me. Thanks for the info- I will try it!

I'm glad you ladies trust me and will try it out :yes:

There should be a period of time where your skin is basically purging all of the yucky stuff in your pores. So don't freak out and think it's making you break out!

i've tried murad, and i was not impressed, especially after all of the rave reviews i had read. honestly, i have tried everything. a few months ago i started using clinique acne solutions and it is AMAZING! i've also started taking fish oil vitamins (omega 3 is great for skin, hair, nails etc) which has helped.

also, one quick disclaimer for the asprin mask: if you have sensitive skin, you may not want to use it. asprin contains high levels of salicylic acid so it may irritate your skin. but if not, i've heard it can be helpful!

I used to have the most perfect skin as a teenager and into my early 20s. Now that I am in my late twenties, my skin is freaking out. Pro Activ has worked on my face but I went tanning 3 weeks ago, got a little burnt on my back so I used an aloa lotion and I have been breaking out bad on my back ever since. I have tried all kinds of clarifying body wash and it isn't helping. I have not tried the asprin mask but I think it would be hard considering it is on my back. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to try the aspirin mask! I have uncoated aspirin, my mom and grandma always chew aspirin when they have a sore throat coming on and it immediately disappears. Love the stuff :P

I used to get really bad breakouts, and I used Proactiv, but my skin must have gotten some sort of immunity to it :sad:

But I use Noxema, not as a cleanser, but as a spot treatment. It is a little harsh so you have be careful how much you use, but it works WONDERS for me. Sometimes If I'm feeling frisky I take a good dab and just rub it all over my forehead.

But I want to try this Aspirin miracle as well!!!

I really want to try an aspirin mask - does it work for under-the-skin breakouts? I don't have *acne*, I just get red bumps on my forehead (and this is a fairly recent development which has just surfaced since I moved to LA afew months ago).

The aspirin mask really is great! Ive been using it a couple times a week for about 6 months and am so impressed. I mix with honey alone OR for a treat i mix with aloe gel and vitamin E. Ive even got some of the GUYS on my car forum dabbing dissolved aspirin on blemishes as an emergency spot treatment! Its so simple and so effective!

^^ kaki it would probably help with those under-skin bumps too