Breaking Out!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. I used to have flawless skin, but lately I've been breaking out *It's driving me nuts*:yucky:

Proactiv worked for a bit, but now it irritates my skin! (I have very sensitive skin):yucky:

Has anyone tried ACNEXUS?? DOES IT WORK!??!?!? I'm so tempted to buy it on eBay and try it out...

what about the murad skincare line??

any input would be greatly appreciated!
  2. i'm breaking out too. it really sucks. i am using retin A and clymdimycin ( a prescrip. topical antibiotic).
    i am also going to try the asprin mask someone posted about.
  3. ^ I posted a thread about the aspirin mask LOL.

My forehead was suffering from clogged pores and NOTHING would help. I've been using the aspirin mask for about 2 weeks I think and my skin totally cleared up and the mask is super cheap to make. I have my flawless skin back. Yippee :biggrin:
  4. what is this aspirin miracle mask you speak of? :smile:
  5. Miracle aspirin treatment: :biggrin:

You will need non coated aspirin, but it's hard to find in some drugstores, so just look for the chewable aspirin. Coated aspiring will work fine it just takes forever to crush/dissolve.

Take about 3-6 aspirins, put them on a plate or the palm of your hand..whichever you prefer. Sprinkle a few drops of water over the aspirin. Wait for the aspirin to dissolve. If it doesn't dissolve immediately take your finger and gently poke the aspirin until it starts dissolving.

After the aspirin is dissolved, you can either choose to apply all over your face (carefully avoiding the delicate eye area) can add some other things to the aspirin before applying to skin. If you have sensitive, dry skin I suggest adding a few drops of aloe vera gel. It will lessen the drying effects of this mask. (I have combination skin so I don't use the aloe.) You may also add honey, QH's Mint Julep Masque, Cetaphil cleanser, etc.

Leave the mask on for 10 minutes, then use warm water to wash off. Take advantage of the little grains to slough off dead skin. Afterwards you can use toner if you feel like you didn't wash it all off then make sure you moisturize. (I love La Mer!!)

BTW, the consistency of the mask should be grainy and not too runny. If it has a very liquid consistency, you added too much cleanser/water/etc. and just add some more aspirin.

Good luck!
  6. ^That is pretty cool. I never knew aspirin could be used for anything other than its original purpose.
  7. you are a genius! thanks for sharing priiin!
  8. Wow !! I'm deffinately going to try that:smile: I love neat beauty tricks !
  9. thanks dear~~ :smile:
  10. I was gonna suggest aspirin mask too. I've used it with great results. Try it for a while, if that doesn't work go see a derm.

Good Luck!
  11. wow i wish i knew of this during the days when i was breaking out! i will share w/ my sister!
  12. Aww, no problem ladies. :cutesy:

It feels great to share tips with people. I feel pretty confident that it will help your breakouts, although if it doesn't I apologize.
  13. When this happened to me after using Bare Minerals and my usually flawless skin went into the worst break out of all time, I did the following:

1. Stopped using powder foundation and any pore clogging make-up.
    2. Washed my face first thing in the morning with Avon Natural's Grapefruit Tea Tree Oil Cleanser. More effective for me than Murad or proactiv. I got it on eBay.
    3. Followed up with a sensitive skin moisturizer.
    4. Followed up by Neutrogena's SPF 70 Dry Touch Sunscreen, also Oil Free. Then I concealed and used mostly eye make-up and lip gloss.
    5. Before bed, washed my face with the cleanser.
    6. Used astringent right after washing.
    7. Followed up by Alpha Hydrox 10% Alpha Glycolic Acid Gel.
    8. Once the gel dried, I added more sensitive skin moisturizer.

Also, twice a week I used a 40% Lactic Acid Peel at home before bedtime, applied with my fingers, which I rinse off 3 minutes later.

This regimen has made all the difference for me and each product costs $15 or less. I don't plan on buying a 'system', drugs or another expensive 3-step line to treat skin problems after using the products above. :yahoo:
  14. I love retin-a mirco!!! I used it a few years back when i was breaking out was awesome. And then i stopped cuz my skin got better, and then it got bad my new doctor presrcibed me all these different acne medicine and none worked. I'm back on retin-a mirco...and altho i went thru a bad 2 weeks my skins really clearing up and its tight and firm too. I think most plp give up on retin-a micro because it doesnt get better right away...and it gets worse before it gets better but its really worked for me!
    As for quick results...i use toothpaste on big pimples. It dries them up overnight ...and altho its a bit red i just use concealer. It has to be regular toothpaste...non of that flashy stuff.
  15. awww you guys are great :smile: