Bottega Veneta Sightings

Takashimaya Department store, Shinjuku - Tokyo, drooling over them the last 3 weeks...
IMGP0488.jpg

When: Today, 9/30/07
Where: Outside BV Boutique in SF
Who: A lovely and stylish woman
What: I don't know the name, but it was a GOLD bag with a beautiful design on it (sorry I couldn't be more specific). It was swoon-worthy.:girlsigh:

Hi everyone, my name is Jen. I'm from Singapore. I absolutely love my BVs and recently added a limited edition piece to my collection. Excellent in workmanship and leather details. You'll never go wrong carrying a Bottega Veneta. Enjoy ladies!

Hi everyone, my name is Jen. I'm from Singapore. I absolutely love my BVs and recently added a limited edition piece to my collection. Excellent in workmanship and leather details. You'll never go wrong carrying a Bottega Veneta. Enjoy ladies!

Welcome Jen to tPF and BV subforum, there are many fellow Singaporeans here. You'll feel right at home here. ;) Do share some pics and details of your limited edition piece. We'll love to :drool: over it.

WELCOME jeniseah! Would love to get to know your BVs.... I'm always lurking around, ready to pounce on pics, pics, pics of BVs, never tired of seeing them ..... Don't you just love BV - since I had my first BV, I've swayed to other brands but at the end of the day, I always tell myself that the other branded handbags I bought can't beat the superiority of BV in terms of workmanship and quality! (TPF'ers, please don't shoot me as this is all a matter of my own opinion! :okay:smile:.

Oh you are right, Eugin.... Darn, it must be my ill-fitted contact lens that caused me to assume it was the same bag - yes, they are different and Eugin's right....... sorry couturequeen, your question still unanswered and I can't help.

I work in a high-end retail boutique in my town (Northern Michigan). Needless to say, BV sightings are few and far between.

I had just been obsessing/researching/begging for a BV when this lovely older woman (mid 70's) walks in carrying a dark brown--not sure of color name, Veneta hobo. I complimented her on her bag and she said that it was the best investment in a purse that she ever made... and I thought all old people were misers!

I said I had been researching and contemplating buying a BV and she kept gushing over how much she loves hers, she even let me feel it! It was amazing... I'm taking this as a sign that BV and I are meant to be.

Last sighting:

Azzardo Large Campana during lunch hour in the staff lunchroom. I think Hubert Burda publishers pay too much, judging from all the designer bags that have walked by me during the past weeks

I dug up this thread cuz I saw a Veneta on a person for the first time and absolutely loved it!!

When: New Year's Eve, 2007
Where: Columbus Circle subway station in NYC
Who: A lovely young lady
What: Medium Veneta in Ebano

I confess that I wasn't crazy about the style until now, but it was fitting on her so naturally that it completely changed the way I see Veneta!!:love:

Thanks mid for digging up this thread - I had been meaning to for a while but was just too lazy to do it! I finally saw my first BV on someone else a couple of weeks ago in the elevator at work - it was a smallish bag in ebano that looked vintage but was definitely BV. I couldn't stop staring at it but I didn't want the woman wearing it to think I was strange so I tried to be discreet... unfortunately it was one of our many rainy days here lately and so I was carrying my rain bag (LV Nocturne GM) rather than one of my Montaignes, and therefore I couldn't really have a BV moment with her!

Ah, I had forgotten about this thread! I had a few sightings while in Las Vegas. A medium ebano veneta on a young lady incidentally right outside of BV in Bellagio, and a gorgeous carmino ombre tote that I glimpsed as we waited in the freezing cold for our airport shuttle. Back home now and nary a BV sighting anywhere.