Botkier patent bags!

A Little too bright for me. Very pretty but I tend to stay away from Patents. They always draw my attention but I don't think I can pull them off.
I already bought two Botkiers this week; The Cleo in Smoke and the Nicole in Jeans. One is under the Christmas Tree and I'm not allowed to open it and the other will be here tomorrow.

View attachment 306943

View attachment 306944

Those two both look great! I love the new line! I'm excited to read your reviews after Christmas!

Yay - they just moved up my ship date to the 12th! I will post pics and a review as soon as I get it. Hope it looks just as great in person! Can't wait to hear about the Sasha, too.

I like a bold-colored bag as long as it's not too big - just enough color to be fun. Hope this one fits the bill - I think it will and probably the smaller Sasha would too.

I also prefer lambskin and soft calf for texture, but patent is just so fun. I think Botkier will be able to do it beautifully so that it is not tacky. But I will let you know more when it gets here!

No :sweatdrop: Unfortunately I got an email saying the shipment was delayed again. It is now supposed to ship on the 19th. Still better than the 28th, which is what they told me before, but was a little disappointed. Not sure what's going on but hopefully I will get it by the end of the month! I will definitely tell you, and post pics, when I do. I have not seen it in-store yet anywhere either so maybe Botkier has not sent them yet? Or maybe Nordstrom is just slow at the holidays.

*bump*

I have some slightly disappointing news...I decided not to keep the Botkier patent bag in marine. I finally saw it in-store at Nordstrom a couple of days ago.

It didn't really look like the picture. It's a much brighter blue. It's also a lot bigger than I thought (I guess I have the small bianca and this one was medium - I overlooked that when I got in my frenzy to buy it.)

The patent is nice, as patent leather goes, but it felt a little plastic-y. I know patent is supposed to feel like that - lol - but I guess it was not exactly what I had in mind.

It is still a really cute bag. But, I would recommend checking out the color, size, and feel in person at Nordie's if you are thinking about it. On my arm, it looks a bit too much for everyday wear. It's definitely very fun and will probably work for people who wear a lot of color. But, since I wear mostly blacks, it didn't match as well as I imagined (I imagined a darker blue - this is a very bright electric blue).

Sorry I don't have any pics but from what I saw I can report that the color does not look much like this:

_5514463.jpg

which is what I was hoping for -- a bright, but deep, blue -- it really looks more like this:

BOTK-WY67_V1-BIG.jpg

and actually even slightly lighter blue than that. Not a very deep color but a very bright and shiny blue.

Hope this helps someone -- sorry I don't have any pics of my own. I'm a little bummed, but it's also good to save some money around the holiday season. Hopefully the bag will still look fabulous on someone else; the color is nice but it wasn't great for me & what I usually wear.