Bling Empire

Did they in fact get married? If Jessie was already married when they got together, did he finally get a divorce? I guess that's why he kept avoiding her questions and pushing about marriage. And if the others knew he was/had been married, interesting that they kept supporting her in her proposal to him.
I think I read they did finally get married.

Reactions: lulilu
Did they in fact get married? If Jessie was already married when they got together, did he finally get a divorce? I guess that's why he kept avoiding her questions and pushing about marriage. And if the others knew he was/had been married, interesting that they kept supporting her in her proposal to him.

It looks like they got married last year…

Cherie & Jessey have a Q&A in the article, and they claim that while they’d met when he was still married, nothing happened until after he was divorced. I might be completely misremembering, but I thought that when the rest of the cast (allegedly) found out in season 2, they realized that the timeline for C&J’s daughter’s birth didn’t add up with their story. The castmembers seemed genuinely surprised at this juicy little tidbit, so I’m guessing they really didn’t know, because, let’s face it, they’re all terrible actors. I’d also think that the likelihood of the cast supporting the union - had they known of the circumstances - would have been lower, given the cultural aspect/stigmas. I just hope that Jessey is doing the right thing for his children from the first marriage.

It looks like they got married last year…

Cherie & Jessey have a Q&A in the article, and they claim that while they’d met when he was still married, nothing happened until after he was divorced. I might be completely misremembering, but I thought that when the rest of the cast (allegedly) found out in season 2, they realized that the timeline for C&J’s daughter’s birth didn’t add up with their story. The castmembers seemed genuinely surprised at this juicy little tidbit, so I’m guessing they really didn’t know, because, let’s face it, they’re all terrible actors. I’d also think that the likelihood of the cast supporting the union - had they known of the circumstances - would have been lower, given the cultural aspect/stigmas. I just hope that Jessey is doing the right thing for his children from the first marriage.
I must be misremembering. I thought they had their children before they married. And she kind of nagged him to marry, and finally proposed to him at a big party. Was that a different couple?

I must be misremembering. I thought they had their children before they married. And she kind of nagged him to marry, and finally proposed to him at a big party. Was that a different couple?

Nope, your memory is correct! Evidently they met while he was married to someone else, and I think there were insinuations that she got pregnant with their daughter not long after meeting. Just found this article...

The fact that Cherie was friends with Jessey’s ex-wife, makes it even worse, IMO.…

• Insightful
Reactions: Kevinaxx
full disclosure we haven’t finished the whole season but the beverage part..

I knew Kevin had a real shot at winning despite poor clothes, and also obvious lack of marketing/selling experience. Must have took Julia advice to heart because when he presented he actually spoke from the heart. And, his driver is what the tedtalk guy mentions successful companies needing, well it’s one part anyways.

The passion, the story behind it. Which I’m glad Mimi acknowledged.

full disclosure we haven’t finished the whole season but the beverage part..

I knew Kevin had a real shot at winning despite poor clothes, and also obvious lack of marketing/selling experience. Must have took Julia advice to heart because when he presented he actually spoke from the heart. And, his driver is what the tedtalk guy mentions successful companies needing, well it’s one part anyways.

The passion, the story behind it. Which I’m glad Mimi acknowledged.
I think you’re to the end of season 3? I have a few more episodes to go.
What do you all think of Kevin backing away from Janice because Kim called him dating her shady, and because of Christine‘s reaction? For my part, I was disappointed. I thought they had a real spark.
And Kevin’s car accident. Bummer.
And meeting the cousin in NY- that was a very sweet moment. One of the few genuine scenes this season. It was so refreshing not to look at overly made up faces, those long false eyelashes, and a woman not covered in logos. Jmho.

Reactions: 336 and nycgirl79
I think you’re to the end of season 3? I have a few more episodes to go.
What do you all think of Kevin backing away from Janice because Kim called him dating her shady, and because of Christine‘s reaction? For my part, I was disappointed. I thought they had a real spark.
And Kevin’s car accident. Bummer.
And meeting the cousin in NY- that was a very sweet moment. One of the few genuine scenes this season. It was so refreshing not to look at overly made up faces, those long false eyelashes, and a woman not covered in logos. Jmho.
Initially I thought it was ridiculous that Kim guilted Kevin into backing away from Janice. If she (Kim) had no interest in Kevin, then why should she care who he dated? However, after she explained that she’d shared personal experiences with Janice (presumably about her pseduo dates with Kevin), I understood it a bit more. If I had shared details of personal interactions, and then that person (friend or otherwise) started seeing the person who was the topic of discussion, I’d admittedly be a bit annoyed.

As for the scene with Kevin and his cousin, I totally agree with you. It was so sweet, and did seem like one of the rare, genuine moments of the season. When he reached out and mussed up her hair, I almost cried. I have a friend from college who is also a Korean adoptee, and I can imagine her joy at meeting a biological relative would be similar.

I noticed that nobody from the cast was at Christine’s Birthday Bash she threw for herself. She went with a group to Turks and Caicos. She seems to have found new friends now. I saw it because I follow Leyla Milani on IG. Wondering if they are filming a season 4 at all? :confused1:

:sad: Rest in peace, Anna. Definitely my favorite of the BE castmembers.