Bling Empire

I did think it odd how many times Kane brought up the cost of things. Perhaps he was told to..so most people "get" just how much money they have. "this bracelet cost 100K, do you want it?" he says to Kevin before laughing it off..etc.
Christine at fashion week was pretty cringe. I wonder how much she spends to be invited..and also on her wardrobe, glam..her own photogs etc. As Jamie said, it was an 'absurd" amount.
ETA I also wonder how much Christine paid for that Tyler Shields photo shoot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 336 and JulieKat
I did think it odd how many times Kane brought up the cost of things. Perhaps he was told to..so most people "get" just how much money they have. "this bracelet cost 100K, do you want it?" he says to Kevin before laughing it off..etc.
Christine at fashion week was pretty cringe. I wonder how much she spends to be invited..and also on her wardrobe, glam..her own photogs etc. As Jamie said, it was an 'absurd" amount.
ETA I also wonder how much Christine paid for that Tyler Shields photo shoot.
Last season, they showed Christine buying a bunch of couture. So as a big spender, she gets the invites to the dinners etc

Reactions: luzdetaiwan
Last season, they showed Christine buying a bunch of couture. So as a big spender, she gets the invites to the dinners etc
Right, but Jamie was eluding to the fact that she buys so much so she CAN be invited..where as she is invited as a guest/influencer and doesn't have to buy things just to snag an invite...they want people like Jamie as customers..Christine is coming from the opposite, she buys to get noticed.

Right, but Jamie was eluding to the fact that she buys so much so she CAN be invited..where as she is invited as a guest/influencer and doesn't have to buy things just to snag an invite...they want people like Jamie as customers..Christine is coming from the opposite, she buys to get noticed.
Jamie actually clarified this on her IG, and threw production under the bus. She said the part about saying it was cringe to buy so much to be invited was a voiceover they used to fuel the feud between her and Christine. She clarified that she was often invited as a cutomer too and it’s generally more prestigious than being press or influencer, which I totally agree with.

I cannot imagine how much Christine spends, it’s unreal and I loved every over the top minute of watching it!

This show - like so many other reality series - is just a freaking train wreck, but I can’t not watch!
Just finished watching season 3, and I don’t really find anyone likeable.

Initially I found Kevin‘s naivety to be endearing, but now I see him as a simpleminded, childish mooch. I get that you have less money than your counterparts, but the constant take take take makes me cringe.

Christine is an insufferable narcissist (lol, she reminds me of a few former friends!), and whatever work she’s had done on her face is REALLY bad. She claimed that her husband hadn’t worked on her, and for the sake of his reputation, I hope that’s true, because she looks terrible in the third season. The constant name dropping of brands, social climbing, and desire to be relevant is annoying, and sad.

Kelly - boring. Glad to see that she’s moved on from Andrew though. I was concerned for her safety, and was very surprised at Anna’s willingness to insert him back into Kelly’s life. He scares me.

Anna - didn’t see too much of her in season 3… The whole cupcake/attempt at flirting scene was so awkward and unnecessary. I think she’s very quirky and eccentric, but ultimately she seems like a decent human being, which is more than I can say for the rest of the cast! I find it hilarious that Christine is so desperate to win Anna over, yet Anna could not care less about Christine.

Kim - trashy and juvenile

Jamie - I also find her exceedingly dull, and while I don’t understand the majority of her fashion choices, its fun to see.

Mimi and Don - yikes - on many, many levels. Good for them though, for living their best lives.

Kane - as much as I dislike Christine, I find Kane to be repugnant on every level. He is the ultimate pot stirring sh!t talker, his unabashed and constant bragging is nauseating, and he’s a crappy friend. The way he treated Kevin in season two was awful, and he needs to stop trying to buy friendships. Rather than buying your friends apology gifts, try being an open, honest, loyal friend every once in a while! I was also a bit disgusted that he was chosen as a face of Fenty. While I think it’s incredibly necessary and important to see representation (I’m mixed race, so trust me, I get it!), he would have been the last person I’d think to choose. I don’t mean to insinuate that natural beauty is the only kind of beauty, but he was going on and on about accepting yourself and loving who you are, when there’s not one part of his face that hasn’t been messed around with. I find his hypocrisy absurd, and think his outer shell is just as repulsive as what’s underneath.

I also miss Cherie and her husband. Her fashion choices were always fun to watch, and she seemed like a sweetie.

This show - like so many other reality series - is just a freaking train wreck, but I can’t not watch!

Initially I found Kevin‘s naivety to be endearing, but now I see him as a simpleminded, childish mooch. I get that you have less money than your counterparts, but the constant take take take makes me cringe.

Christine is an insufferable narcissist (lol, she reminds me of a few former friends!), and whatever work she’s had done on her face is REALLY bad. She claimed that her husband hadn’t worked on her, and for the sake of his reputation, I hope that’s true, because she looks terrible in the third season. The constant name dropping of brands, social climbing, and desire to be relevant is annoying, and sad.

Kelly - boring. Glad to see that she’s moved on from Andrew though. I was concerned for her safety, and was very surprised at Anna’s willingness to insert him back into Kelly’s life. He scares me.

Anna - didn’t see too much of her in season 3… The whole cupcake/attempt at flirting scene was so awkward and unnecessary. I think she’s very quirky and eccentric, but ultimately she seems like a decent human being, which is more than I can say for the rest of the cast! I find it hilarious that Christine is so desperate to win Anna over, yet Anna could not care less about Christine.

Jamie - I also find her exceedingly dull, and while I don’t understand the majority of her fashion choices, its fun to see.

Mimi and Don - yikes - on many, many levels. Good for them though, for living their best lives.

Kane - as much as I dislike Christine, I find Kane to be repugnant on every level. He is the ultimate pot stirring sh!t talker, his unabashed and constant bragging is nauseating, and he’s a crappy friend. The way he treated Kevin in season two was awful, and he needs to stop trying to buy friendships. Rather than buying your friends apology gifts, try being an open, honest, loyal friend every once in a while! I was also a bit disgusted that he was chosen as a face of Fenty. While I think it’s incredibly necessary and important to see representation (I’m mixed race, so trust me, I get it!), he would have been the last person I’d think to choose. I don’t mean to insinuate that natural beauty is the only kind of beauty, but he was going on and on about accepting yourself and loving who you are, when there’s not one part of his face that hasn’t been messed around with. I find his hypocrisy absurd, and think his outer shell is just as repulsive as what’s underneath.

I also miss Cherie and her husband. Her fashion choices were always fun to watch, and she seemed like a sweetie.
This!!!

Don’t understand why they chose Kane for Fenty! So many other better choices!

Christine’s right eye looks wonky. Wonder what happened there?

This!!!

Don’t understand why they chose Kane for Fenty! So many other better choices!

Christine’s right eye looks wonky. Wonder what happened there?
I know!!! SO many other admirable, inspirational, beautiful, kind options, and they decided to go with Kane?! WTAF.

And lmao - I’ll have to go back and focus on her right eye. Yikes yikes yikes.

I’m on Season 1, ep. 8. It’s clear from early on there is a ton of manufactured drama for the camera.
My takeaway is that these super wealthy people that really have nothing of real meaning to focus on seem to lead rather empty lives.
They wake up with nothing to do but shop or party. They don’t seem particularly bright, but then why should they be? Likely never went to university (didn’t feel the need because they don’t have to work!), but it seems they all could have benefited from some further education.
They also seem rather clueless as to how the real world works.
Parts of the show are entertaining, not sure if I’ll actually finish it though.
I will say that Andrew has proven to be such a needy baby, he just needs to go away!

I think the drama around her and Jessey get together had a bit to do with it. She’s cute but just the hidden aspect imho is a bit sus.

But everything else spot on.

6E9CBB40-45B3-433D-9872-1DEEE15931AB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: nycgirl79
I think the drama around her and Jessey get together had a bit to do with it. She’s cute but just the hidden aspect imho is a bit sus.

But everything else spot on.

View attachment 5631360
I’m never going to be able to unsee this picture of Christine - looks like a caricature!

ITA with you, re: Cherie. She definitely didn’t want any additional info coming out regarding how she and Jessey got together!

I’m never going to be able to unsee this picture of Christine - looks like a caricature!

ITA with you, re: Cherie. She definitely didn’t want any additional info coming out regarding how she and Jessey got together!
Did they in fact get married? If Jessie was already married when they got together, did he finally get a divorce? I guess that's why he kept avoiding her questions and pushing about marriage. And if the others knew he was/had been married, interesting that they kept supporting her in her proposal to him.