Black Friday 2012

I'm heading out the Macy's on BF for some household stuff and to take a look at the sweaters and jewelry. Nothing I've seen at other stores holds my interest. Honestly I think most of our group just likes to go grab cocoa and shop without our spouses or kids, more of a tradition than a great deal type situation anymore.

I was just at Gap today and they gave me a flier for their sales. They are open 2pm-6pm on Thanksgiving Day. Seems so random! Why 4 hours? Then they are opening up again at midnight.

Wal-Mart is starting at 8pm and Target at 9pm. I'm hoping everyone will still be fighting at Wal-Mart and I can sneak in Target! :P

Gap is going to be open ON Thanksgiving day?! I feel terrible for their employees. That stinks!

One of the best deals is the regular Nook at Target for a mere 50 bucks. I really want that (I have gone through two Kindles in two years and the last one was no longer under warranty, so I do not want to buy another one to have it break [I am not hard on them]), but I don't know if I'm willing to stand in line with the crazies at 7 p.m. or who knows when they'll be lining up.

Gap is going to be open ON Thanksgiving day?! I feel terrible for their employees. That stinks!

One of the best deals is the regular Nook at Target for a mere 50 bucks. I really want that (I have gone through two Kindles in two years and the last one was no longer under warranty, so I do not want to buy another one to have it break [I am not hard on them]), but I don't know if I'm willing to stand in line with the crazies at 7 p.m. or who knows when they'll be lining up.

Is it the nook or nook color?

My mom has the nook color and I'm in love so if it was the color one I'd totally wait in line.

Check their fine print because for one deal at walmart[the $75 gift card with a purchase of an ipad] they say if your in the store before 11 and the ipads sell out they'll let you buy the ipad when it's back in stock again at that deal/price.

I was just at Gap today and they gave me a flier for their sales. They are open 2pm-6pm on Thanksgiving Day. Seems so random! Why 4 hours? Then they are opening up again at midnight.

Wal-Mart is starting at 8pm and Target at 9pm. I'm hoping everyone will still be fighting at Wal-Mart and I can sneak in Target! :P

WTF?!? Seriously god forbid you allow your employees to have a holiday meal with their families. And the sad part is tons of people will go too because no one else will be open.:nogood:

Some employees get time and half on holidays so I imagine some want to work the holiday. They may need the $$, not everyone has family dinners or celebrates all these holidays so while its strange to some not every one minds or cares about working a holiday.

Some employees get time and half on holidays so I imagine some want to work the holiday. They may need the $$, not everyone has family dinners or celebrates all these holidays so while its strange to some not every one minds or cares about working a holiday.

Thanksgiving and Black Friday should be overtime for any retail employee. I would think that would be the minimum.

At the same time, Thanksiving and Christmas are the only two days where retail stores usually close.

Yeah anytime i work Christmas eve or on a holiday that we happen to work we get paid time and a half which is good the money is nice but sometimes i just want to be with my family but thats what you get into when you work in retail we all know what we signed up for.

Last year Jcrew had 25% off entire store for the Black Friday and next Sat. Not sure what they will have this year. Most sale assoc won't know in advance. I'm opt out shopping this year so good luck everyone. :smile:

Last year Jcrew had 25% off entire store for the Black Friday and next Sat. Not sure what they will have this year. Most sale assoc won't know in advance. I'm opt out shopping this year so good luck everyone. :smile:

Thanks! Would you happen to know what the cyber monday deal was? I'm trying to decide if it'd be worth it to head to a store or just buy online on cyber monday.

Beware of Victoria's Secrets special deals. They have stuff specially made for Black Friday and it's very cheap. So the $10 yoga pants will not be the pants they currently have in stores.

I've been doing Black Friday since I was a kid back in the 80s and early 90s before it was a big deal, so it's kind of a tradition. I usually buy stuff for me and I just like being out in the hustle and bustle!

That is the same with me. It was a tradition in my house too. I go to South Coast Plaza on BF and just have fun. Since it is a high end mall it isn't as crazy as a lot of other places especially early in the morning. I start at Nordstom and check out shoes and bags. Usually each year I find at least a bag that I want at a pretty good price. I got a Valentino Rockstud for about 700.00 last year. Then I go to Bloomies and Saks. I never go with a list of things to get. If I see a good deal on something I like I get it if not it is just kind of fun to see what is out there.

Anyone know what Nordstorm/Saks/Neiman marcus and those stores will be having for black friday? And will it be different online??

I find for those stores it is better to be there. There are some good deals online but they sell out quickly from the stores and then a lot of your online purchases get cancelled.