Black Friday 2012

Yeah its becoming a little ridiculous how early they want to open these stores, at 8 pm I'll still be enjoying my family time. I work in retail so I feel so bad for the folks that have to be there so early 8pm, 10 pm, ect.

Myblackbag said:
Don't plan on fighting the crowds on Black Friday. Last year I bought from Apple online, because they had a sale, even though, I could have gotten a better deal at Target. Waiting to see what comes out in the Target ad. If I buy on Black Friday it will more than likely be online.

Targets BF ad is now available on blackFriday.com. They are also going to be giving $10 GC when you spend $50 or more in clothing, accessories or home

Thanks. I might just buy it off beauty.com because they have a white one with perricone products on sale for $95 and with the e bates and 20% off it's like $70. Which is basically $40 off. Even though I wanted the pink the whites such a great deal.

Also I noticed you said you look at blogs for roundups of online stores. Which blogs do you check? I think I'm gonna stick to online shopping on blackfriday.

e bates for the win!

Blogs:
The Chloe Conspiracy (she posts daily deals actually..amazing!)
College Fashion
Nouveau Cheap (for beauty stuff, especially drugstore)
Temptalia (for beauty products. go to the Bargains & Sales category to filter out all the other posts)

Targets BF ad is now available on blackFriday.com. They are also going to be giving $10 GC when you spend $50 or more in clothing, accessories or home

that's only if you're shopping from 4am - ? (noon i think) on Friday.

kohls just got released as well.
so funny how these ads are generally the same every single year.. just different models maybe.... and every year i have different things i find to buy lol

Yeah its becoming a little ridiculous how early they want to open these stores, at 8 pm I'll still be enjoying my family time. I work in retail so I feel so bad for the folks that have to be there so early 8pm, 10 pm, ect.

my friend and i had this convo too. i worked in retail for 7 years. thankfully not in a regular retail store where i had to deal with black friday. but i really think i'd rather work a late night shift rather than getting up at 2 am for a 4 am store opening.

my friend and i had this convo too. i worked in retail for 7 years. thankfully not in a regular retail store where i had to deal with black friday. but i really think i'd rather work a late night shift rather than getting up at 2 am for a 4 am store opening.
Yeah i actually work two retail jobs and neither of them need me that early. One of them do not do black friday deals and the other well they will be open from midnight but luckily i dont have to be there until 7 am which is better than 4 am or earlier.

I do feel bad for the workers (I work in retail too), but I don't really feel bad for the shoppers. I hate how when we're open on a holiday, & the customers will come in and say, "oh, what a pity! You're open today?" I always want to say, "well if you weren't in here shopping then we would be closed!"

If anything the retailers simply saw how many people lined up early to get the bargains, & decided to try their hand at earlier sales.

that's only if you're shopping from 4am - ? (noon i think) on Friday.

kohls just got released as well.
so funny how these ads are generally the same every single year.. just different models maybe.... and every year i have different things i find to buy lol

I laughed at that too!

I work in retail & decided to go shopping last year before I started, & I thought I was going to die laughing when I saw the people attacking the sale towels.

Some looked like they had a stack of around 20-40.

I was just at Gap today and they gave me a flier for their sales. They are open 2pm-6pm on Thanksgiving Day. Seems so random! Why 4 hours? Then they are opening up again at midnight.

Wal-Mart is starting at 8pm and Target at 9pm. I'm hoping everyone will still be fighting at Wal-Mart and I can sneak in Target! :P

Hi, I'm quite new on the Purseblog and this year will be my first Black Friday online! Last year everything was sold out immediately. What should you expect? Like 40% off, 20%...? Is eveything sold out on Friday or...? Because I need to go to school on Black Friday and I can't buy until afternoon. :sad: If anyone can help me, thanks!