Birthday let down

Sorry, but finding out where he lives in a bit much. You guys both sound like teeangers, and honestly (I say this because I wasn't a teenager too long ago and I remember those days well), teenagers are just kinda flakey.

What are you going to do, go to his house and threaten/beg/plead for the photos? The guy is clearly ignoring you, for one reason or another.

This REALLY sucks and you have my sympathy. But you've tried just about everything.

Yeah, I'm not a teen. Obviously going to his house crossed my mind but i would have gone with his friends that i do know. So it wouldn't be creepster. But i did'nt because even then i figured i shouldn't have to go to those great lengths for something like this.

So he just responded with this....

Feb 8, 2008 1:30 PM
Subject:
RE: If it's money that you want after all....

Body:
ill jus charge you half off,,,my rate is a dollar a foto but i can do 50 cents for you

Okay, I checked his site...and I am sure your pics came out "alright" but that kid has a lot of nerve to charge you. His pics are less than amateurish. yes, he's only 17 but he should be happy that you're going to display his pics and give him credit, that's usually enough for beginner photographers...I know absolutely amazing photographers who sometimes work for free just so the pics can be made public in order to gain more clients. When he's in his mid-20's he'll figure that out, I suppose.

Okay, I checked his site...and I am sure your pics came out "alright" but that kid has a lot of nerve to charge you. His pics are less than amateur. yes, he's only 17 but he should be happy that you're going to display his pics and give him credit, that's usually enough for beginner photographers...I know absolutely amazing photographers who sometimes work for free just so the pics can be made public in order to gain more clients. When he's in his mid-20's he'll figure that out, I suppose.

That's how i feel! I mean i didn't mind to give him some cash but figured he'd want to do it for little or nothing just to get his name out like i said in the first message i sent him! I'm a hairstylist and i've had to do alot of "free work" just to get myself out there.

But whatever he said he can put the photos on a cd and give them to tawni to give to me then i can choose which i'd like to buy and give her the money.

What drama. :tdown:

Yeah, I'm not a teen. Obviously going to his house crossed my mind but i would have gone with his friends that i do know. So it wouldn't be creepster. But i did'nt because even then i figured i shouldn't have to go to those great lengths for something like this.

So he just responded with this....

Feb 8, 2008 1:30 PM
Subject:
RE: If it's money that you want after all....

Body:
ill jus charge you half off,,,my rate is a dollar a foto but i can do 50 cents for you

Tell him you need to see the photos and you'll choose the best ones, I know he won't be dumb enough to post them on a photo-hosting site because you can just right-click and save...but who knows.:angel:

That's how i feel! I mean i didn't mind to give him some cash but figured he'd want to do it for little or nothing just to get his name out like i said in the first message i sent him! I'm a hairstylist and i've had to do alot of "free work" just to get myself out there.

But whatever he said he can put the photos on a cd and give them to tawni to give to me then i can choose which i'd like to buy and give her the money.

What drama. :tdown:

whoa, he suggested something even better, if he puts them on a CD, just transfer them all to your computer....no money needed, he deserves it.

Very upset guys :sad:

Now that he's chosen to speak he's pushy with the subject of money i asked him to send me the photos to my email to avoid waiting another who knows how long to get them from my friend and he said ok he's working on it. So i'm TOTALLY going to jack like all of the pictures and just pay him for a few he does deserve that!

Yeah, he coerced you. And professional photographers don't charge "a dollar a photo"; I used to work at a photography studio and that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. They charge for their time, then offer you, say, 42 prints for $89, or 84 for $199.... (these are just random prices, they're usually more expensive than that) and what they do is print out one of each photo, not color-corrected, and have you choose from those which ones you want. He is obviously NOT a pro and hasn't learned anything from his mother. What a chump!

He is a chump...that's why i'm going to jack his ass so bad. lol

Yeah...uhm i only chose 20 photos....as i run away with all 200 lol muahahaha....I even told him the day of my party to come in to my salon for a free haircut! Now he gets nothing!!!

Thanks for the support ladies i feel it will be necessary once i do get the photos to share them with you all :yes:

Honey, I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but you said he drank your alcohol then you said he's only 17. Be careful, you could have been charged with contributing to the delquency of a minor. I only say this because now that you are an adult, you will be the one who'll get into trouble, and I so don't want to see that.

I think he's flaky for having had finally answered your messages by saying he'll give you the pics for money as well. He did nothing to try to negotiate before all this, in fact he said he'd do it for free because of the mutual friend, and now he wants money? I do hope you tell your friend what a flake he is so she doesn't recommend him to someone else.

Good luck. I pray he didn't mess the pictures up and make them not worth what he's holding them hostage for.

Honey, I hate to sound like a wet blanket, but you said he drank your alcohol then you said he's only 17. Be careful, you could have been charged with contributing to the delquency of a minor. I only say this because now that you are an adult, you will be the one who'll get into trouble, and I so don't want to see that.

I think he's flaky for having had finally answered your messages by saying he'll give you the pics for money as well. He did nothing to try to negotiate before all this, in fact he said he'd do it for free because of the mutual friend, and now he wants money? I do hope you tell your friend what a flake he is so she doesn't recommend him to someone else.

Good luck. I pray he didn't mess the pictures up and make them not worth what he's holding them hostage for.

Thanks peedy' lol :heart:

I know about the drinking thing he was the only youngin at my party. And he was more busy taking pictures than anything else so i was not too worried about it but i completely understand your good intentions.:yes:

Yeah, he coerced you. And professional photographers don't charge "a dollar a photo"; I used to work at a photography studio and that's the most asinine thing I've ever heard. They charge for their time, then offer you, say, 42 prints for $89, or 84 for $199.... (these are just random prices, they're usually more expensive than that) and what they do is print out one of each photo, not color-corrected, and have you choose from those which ones you want. He is obviously NOT a pro and hasn't learned anything from his mother. What a chump!

I need to share a horrible photography story....a friend went to a group photoshoot, and each person in the group took inidividual shots as well. My friend liked two pictures...and the photographer charged $35 for each one...and the pics were sent only over e-mail, they weren't even developed.:wtf: Another photographer charges for time and for pictures, and if the person wants to use the pictures for websites there is an additional charge. NYC photograhers....LOL

I need to share a horrible photography story....a friend went to a group photoshoot, and each person in the group took inidividual shots as well. My friend liked two pictures...and the photographer charged $35 for each one...and the pics were sent only over e-mail, they weren't even developed.:wtf: Another photographer charges for time and for pictures, and if the person wants to use the pictures for websites there is an additional charge. NYC photograhers....LOL

yikes! oh my goodness what if he does not print these photos!? I need to ask him that...