Birkin- Rigide vs. Floppy

Since scratching was discussed a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd share my story here.

I was running errands and stopped by the vet to renew our dog license. There was a woman with kids and a young crazy lab in the waiting area. I was at the counter dealing with paperwork and was amused by the young crazy lab (DH and I have both had labs and they sure can be crazy when they are young).

Long story short, the lady and the lab wound up right next to me. The dog basically jumped up and pawed my Togo birkin before I could move it. I could hear the claws :shocked::wtf::nono::sick::cursing:. The woman immediately apologized while I was trying not to freak! I live in a very laid back area and I doubt this woman had any idea her dog pawed a super expensive bag. I causally lifted it up to the counter to check it out. Not a mark! Whew!

Back to topic...the bag is a 35, is about 4 years old, and is not floppy at all. I rotate bags.

Since scratching was discussed a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd share my story here.

I was running errands and stopped by the vet to renew our dog license. There was a woman with kids and a young crazy lab in the waiting area. I was at the counter dealing with paperwork and was amused by the young crazy lab (DH and I have both had labs and they sure can be crazy when they are young).

Long story short, the lady and the lab wound up right next to me. The dog basically jumped up and pawed my Togo birkin before I could move it. I could hear the claws :shocked::wtf::nono::sick::cursing:. The woman immediately apologized while I was trying not to freak! I live in a very laid back area and I doubt this woman had any idea her dog pawed a super expensive bag. I causally lifted it up to the counter to check it out. Not a mark! Whew!

Back to topic...the bag is a 35, is about 4 years old, and is not floppy at all. I rotate bags.
aw, but hurray to togo!!

my heart sank as i was reading your story.. i am so glad that no marks were made..

Hi, may I ask why it is so difficult to get one's hands on a Chèvre bag?
Unlike many others, I am not too fond of the slouchy bags, so Chèvre seems to offer it all - no "plasticky" feel, rather lightweight, but able to hold it's shape well. My ideal leather, but the SAs always tell me there are hardly any Birkin 30s available in Chèvre any more.

Hi, may I ask why it is so difficult to get one's hands on a Chèvre bag?
Unlike many others, I am not too fond of the slouchy bags, so Chèvre seems to offer it all - no "plasticky" feel, rather lightweight, but able to hold it's shape well. My ideal leather, but the SAs always tell me there are hardly any Birkin 30s available in Chèvre any more.
Coz this leather only available thru so and push order only

Reactions: prepster