Belvedere II

In 2018, Goyard revamped the Belvédère I with a double strap closure as the Belvédère II with a single strap closure. In 2022, they transitioned from Vauzelles calfskin to Decize taurillon leather.
That’s helpful. I have seen many Belvedere II with the smooth leather so wonder if that’s the new version or when they had that release?

That’s helpful. I have seen many Belvedere II with the smooth leather so wonder if that’s the new version or when they had that release?
No — the transition date from smooth leather to pebbled leather does not correspond to the transition date of the two strap closure to the one strap closure. As per my previous post, the smooth leather appears on Belvédères prior to 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: ahswong
No — the transition date from smooth leather to pebbled leather does not correspond to the transition date of the two strap closure to the one strap closure. As per my previous post, the smooth leather appears on Belvédères prior to 2022.
Got it! Sorry I misread your first post. Kind of like the smooth leather better. I wonder why they changed it. Anyone have any preference? Was planning on buying new but should maybe consider buying used to get the smooth leather.

Reactions: c18027
Hi! I just purchased my Goyard Belvedere last week in Seoul Korea boutique. When I got home to Manila Philippines I noticed these. Are these normal? The humps on the side? And the imperfect logo, the “H” and “G” have like nicks or something. Please let me know if your Goyards are like this. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3414.jpeg
    IMG_3414.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3413.jpeg
    IMG_3413.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 15
Got it! Sorry I misread your first post. Kind of like the smooth leather better. I wonder why they changed it. Anyone have any preference? Was planning on buying new but should maybe consider buying used to get the smooth leather.
I prefer the smooth leather. I did see the pebbled leather version in person during my visit to Paris last December but didn't care for it. The sales associate mentioned that the pebbled leather is supposed to be more durable, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I prefer the smooth leather. I did see the pebbled leather version in person during my visit to Paris last December but didn't care for it. The sales associate mentioned that the pebbled leather is supposed to be more durable, but I'm not entirely convinced.
I ended up buying the black one. I thought I wanted a color but I didnt loved all the white stitching. The SA told me the new pebbled leather is due to the smooth leather having creasing issues which I can see being a thing.