Believe in ghosts? Come share your brushes with paranormal phenomena!

My family and I were touring Hampton Court Palace. (King Henry VIII's side) and we were doing the audio tour. It got to the part of the tape where Henry found out one of his wives had been with other men before him and he was going to have her executed. He was coming out of church and she ran up to him and pled with him. Guards seized her and dragged her away screaming. We were standing in the exact same hallway.

I could swear I heard screaming when the guy on the tape was describing this.

(Long story, so bear with me . . . but it has to do with this thread.)

It was 09/11/01. I was in the O'Hare student center. (It's classrooms where part of the first floor is a little cafe.) I was checking my email on one of their email checking stations when I heard a professor go, "Oh my God! Look at that!" I remember just staring at the tv in shock until my Business Writing class (in another building) started.

After that particular class I had a quiz in History of the English Language. I could not concentrate because I remember thinking, "Lincoln Lab is a government building, right? If they were attacking government buildings, who's to say they won't stop until they attack Lincoln Lab?" After class I called home, freaking out. "Tell Daddy to come home right now!"

In my Journalism class, I was just a wreck. (We watched footage of the buildings falling down).

By the end of the day I was SO sick of seeing footage of the buildings fall down. I was so sick of being just a total wreck. (I didn't know anybody, but 9/11 got me really freaking out about my dad and then it made me think of my grandmother, who died that summer).

I remember just going back to my dorm room and getting my walkman and just going outside and sitting on the grass. (My building was a mansion, but I had my own room in what used to be the servant's quarters and ventilation sucked in the summer time.)

At one point I just lay back in the grass, staring at the sky. There were no clouds, there were no birds. I was listening to Heather Small's Proud when all of a sudden, when it hit the chorus, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?" it seemed like a million little birds flew over my head. Normally I'm afraid of a lot of birds, but they were little ones, like the size of chickadees, or something.

I remember thinking that my grandma had sent them to me, as her way of saying that everything would be all right.

Yep-in the apartment we live in right now. Various experiences by me, my hubby and a couple of times by my stepdaughter when she lived here years ago. Nothing mean spirited or anything-more playful and jokey. Things moved around in our bedroom, little gifts left for our son (we found a granola bar under our pillow one night-a book in our bedroom when our son was sleeping with us called "I Love You So Much". The playful things were-I have a glass animal collection-one night, we noticed one of the pieces missing-a glass penguin-couldn't find it anywhere-the next day we found it-in the freezer section of the small mini fridge we keep in our bedroom! See? Jokey things). A bunch of other things too long to list. Shoot-I am getting goosebumps just talking about it all.

We have never figured out who or what it was-though, this is an old building (we own an apartment in a brownstone that was built in the 1880's), and people have died here. One of our neighbors told us that years ago, there was a young man who lived here with his grandmother who went out to work one day and got killed at a subway station on his way home (he was in his early 20s-i think around 23). They found his body laying in the gutter right near the train station-it wasn't a robbery either-the scuttlebutt of the time was he was involved with bad people and was killed by them. But, who knows? Nothing has happened in about a year-but, we have everything else from the previous years written down.

When I was like 14 my sister bought a house and we moved in ( i lived with my sis and her two sons) and in the basement it had the creepest bar room. It just had this eery feeling in there...we weould NEVER play or hang around in there.

I have 3 incidents/problems with the house..

1. I always saw a shadow leering over the corner staring at me every night. i know it was a male....I never slept in my room and my sis never understood why....but it look like he had his two hands on the doorway like "peeking" and half the top of his head peering over. but it was just like a dark shadow..I would catch him every now and then but in a second it would be gone

2.I was on a computer typing and I had thought my nephew came home cause it just felt like someone was home....and so I'm sitting online typing away when I felt something tap me on the shoulder.....i ignored it cause i thought it was just my nephew pranking me.....so i continue to sit online and the next one was a light slappish feeling on my back.......and ONCE again I thought it was my nephew so ignored it again and continued surfing....and about 2 minutes later something puched me really hard and at then I WAS PISSED...so i got up to go chase the little bugger.......but when I ran upstair I relized no one was home.........and after talking to my sis that day .....the kids weren't home all day (friends house)

3. I was online AGAIN!! (yes i know true net addict) and I hear door open and close ...(thinking it was my sister coming home) I hear water turn on dishes clunking....draws opening and closing...and i hear " Hey come up here..." "come up here" "Dinner time" in what sounded like a ladies voice so I assumed it was my sis...so i come running up the stairs....and Nobody there...nobody in the kitchen..and i turn around as MY SISTER is walking in to door and i asked her "ya you called me??" and she looked at me all wierd and said " V...I just got in the door...." and I SWEAR i heard the water run and someone call for me.....i dunno.....

kathyrose said:
How long have you lived at your house? Did you jsut move there or have you been there for a long time but the strange things have been happening are recent?

Odd little things have been happening since we moved in. We have lived here for almost 2 years.

-Birds (multiple days this happened) bashing into our windows (literally had blood streaking down the window) always the same window
-Our younger dog being locked in his cage
-Knocking on the wall of our bedroom - in a rhythm during the middle of the night
-hearing a sonar sound
-computer randomly playing music (it was turned off we had to turn it on in order to shut the music off- laptop)
-bed side light being turned off in the middle of the night when I purposely left it on when I went to sleep
-husband waking up wearing a tiny tshirt that he swears he didnt put on no history of sleep walking or anything like that
-hearing my husband come home from work, even the dogs get excited and think it is him, except no one is there.
- hearing people going into the hot tub in the middle of the night, it is right outside the bedroom door, except there is no one out there

i will probably think of more later

On a saturday afternoon, my bf & i was napping, he told me later on after we woke up that when he woke up, and was 1/2 awake, he SAW my grandpa sittin on my cpu chair. Grandpa just smiled.

That was back in Cali approx 4 months ago, now we both moved to my moms house in FL...and he told me that he feels as if my gramps is also here and watching.

There was also another incident....I am not sensitive to these kinds od things, he is. VERY MUCH IS. One night while sleeping, it was around 3ish Am, we both couldnt sleep well through the nite. I kept tossin, turning,and I kept gettin hot then cold. Then out of no where my bf starts praying out loud in Arabic language. ( when he does this , i already know that theres something wrong.) i knew what was happening...but i forced myself to go to sleep ASAP. next morning we brought up what happend last nite...

my bf said that a ghost / spirit was in our room just passing by. after he did the prayer, the spirit left us alone.

AND ANOTHER....( ok i hope u guyz dont think my bf is a werido..lol..he's just sensitive to these kinds of things...) but yeah! we took a trip to BIG BEAR LAKE, CA around in FEB for a snow trip. We stayd at some hotel-like cabin. It was really old and old fashioned...nothing like a Hyatt or Hilton! But anyways, I'm sooo glad that he didnt tell me this while we were there, he waited til we was almost back in Orange County that during the nite, there were TWO spirits hanging out in our room.

...I forgot the name of this hotel, but if u ever go visit big bear, beware. The city there seems kinda werid. I am never going back there though after hearing about the creepyness.

I hope i didnt scare anyone....;P Have a great nite! lol

caitlin1214 said:
I went to Salve Regina University. For those who are not that familiar with the campus, a lot of mansions have been turned into college dorm rooms.

f3w6b2qi.jpg

This is Carey Mansion. I lived there the second half of my junior year and all of my senior year. There's a rumor that a nun got pregnant by a priest in the room and hung herself in the circle room. I remember once
I decided to make my way up to the third floor to go exploring. I didn't see or feel anything, but I decided at some point that I didn't want to tempt anything so I went back downstairs to my dorm room.

Another myth was that a man was having an affair in the circle room. The wife caught them and set the place on fire, killing them. The wife survived, but hanged herself in the exact same room. (Over the past Columbus Day weekend, all four guys living in the circle room went home over the weekend. When they returned, they found a picture on the out tray of one of they guy's printer. The picture shows the ghostly figure of a woman standing in the room. The picture also shows a staircase that was originally in the room, but was taken out when the room was turned into a dorm room.)

x2eirh0k.jpg

This is Wakehurst. This is the student center. The school paper is printed there, the Campus Activities Board office is there, there's a student cafe, a movie theatre. Some professors have their offices on the third floor.

Before a faculty member's office was moved to another building, his office was here. One night around 10:00, he called campus security because he heard dinner party noises coming from the main stairwell: laughing and talking and glasses clinking. Security told him that was impossible, because the building was wired shut so nobody would be allowed to get in. He left immediately down the back stairs.

There's another myth going around that on the night of the first snow fall, you can see a young woman pushing an antique style baby carriage around the property. (The ghost is either of the woman who used to own the house who died young and never got to take care of her children, or the ghost could be of a tutor taking the place of the child's deceased mother.

Another myth floating around Wakehurst is the ghost dressed in equestrian gear who lives on the third floor. A faculty member who started his career on the second floor of Wakehurst. His number one complaint heard from students during his time there was a story of a man walking from window to window on the top floor of Wakehurst. (At that time, the third floor was used for storage from the activities office).

e9d870j6.jpg

This is Watts-Sherman. It's used as a girls' dorm. Some claim to have heard a ball bouncing in the annex of Watts. The ball used to belong to a little boy named Adam, who supposedly fell down the stairs and died. The ball bouncing used to belong to him. Students have sworn to have seen Adam bouncing his ball and heard the ball bouncing.

Strange occurances happened in room 308 (on the third floor). So much so that the girls living their had a priest come and bless the room and leave holy water there. Since then, nothing else has happened.

Before that, though, at night, there would be banging on the window and the beds would randomly shake during the night.

(I knew about the nun rumor in Carey Mansion, but I got the rest of these from an article written by a Salve Student: http://www.srumosaic.com/media/storage/paper658/news/2005/04/27/Entertainment/Mysteries.And.Myths.Of.The.Supernatural.At.Salve-940014.shtml?norewrite200607191702&sourcedomain=www.srumosaic.com)

:wtf: :wtf: Omg, how did you ever sleep?? What a fabulously eerie university! I want to visit.

ticklemethu said:
On a saturday afternoon, my bf & i was napping, he told me later on after we woke up that when he woke up, and was 1/2 awake, he SAW my grandpa sittin on my cpu chair. Grandpa just smiled.

That was back in Cali approx 4 months ago, now we both moved to my moms house in FL...and he told me that he feels as if my gramps is also here and watching.

There was also another incident....I am not sensitive to these kinds od things, he is. VERY MUCH IS. One night while sleeping, it was around 3ish Am, we both couldnt sleep well through the nite. I kept tossin, turning,and I kept gettin hot then cold. Then out of no where my bf starts praying out loud in Arabic language. ( when he does this , i already know that theres something wrong.) i knew what was happening...but i forced myself to go to sleep ASAP. next morning we brought up what happend last nite...

my bf said that a ghost / spirit was in our room just passing by. after he did the prayer, the spirit left us alone.

AND ANOTHER....( ok i hope u guyz dont think my bf is a werido..lol..he's just sensitive to these kinds of things...) but yeah! we took a trip to BIG BEAR LAKE, CA around in FEB for a snow trip. We stayd at some hotel-like cabin. It was really old and old fashioned...nothing like a Hyatt or Hilton! But anyways, I'm sooo glad that he didnt tell me this while we were there, he waited til we was almost back in Orange County that during the nite, there were TWO spirits hanging out in our room.

...I forgot the name of this hotel, but if u ever go visit big bear, beware. The city there seems kinda werid. I am never going back there though after hearing about the creepyness.

I hope i didnt scare anyone....;P Have a great nite! lol

A friend of mine lives in Big Bear Lake and she always has weird stories for me-I have never been there myself

I lived in a haunted townhouse for a little over a year. the creepy stuff started happening slowly, like lights would flicker, electricity would shut down, I would hear doors opening and closing but I always thought it was next door, but after about 10 months, things started to get way way creepy and I finally was talking with my close quarter neighbors, and we both thought the other had a baby because we would both hear the baby crying in the middle of the night and thought it was the other...

anyway, things got way too out of control for me to even want to live there anymore so I ended up moving out.

*shivers*

ok so when i was in high i lived in maine with my mom. a little town with mostly old houses built in the 1800's.

there was a little crawl space in the attic where my brother and i went in one day out of curiousity and found an outfit. it was pants and shirt/blouse and boots. all male clothes. VERY old fashioned-like nothing id ever seen. and the attic had this smell to it..like death or something.

so the worst 3 experiences ive had in that house.

1-waking up from naps that i used to take b4 going to work unexpectedly and feel like i couldnt breathe, i would try to scream and nothing would come out i would start praying and all of sudden i was fine.
2-around 2am one nite last year i turned off the tv and couldnt sleep tossed and turned. i was facing my wall and all of a sudden i felt someone SIT DOWN ON MY BED. i mean the mattress sunk in as if someone's butt was there. ..i sat up flicked on the light and no one was there.
3-THE WORST FOR LAST! lol. i was sleeping one nite and had a wicked nightmare. i sat up my tv was still on bc i must have dozed off...i open my eyes and i see a lil girl standing at the foot of my bed facing the window. ive never been so terrified of a child/thing in my life. i screamed so loud my mom came rushing in thinking i was being attacked or something.

i totally believe in spirits/ghosts and think there is probably a reason for their existence..hope its a good one!

luckily nothing ever happened in my houses or apartments before in my life. but i have some experiences :
1. in amy bf's parents house. his house is huuugeee, and basically only his parents stay there now. we were sleeping in his old bedroom next to the garden. and one night i can't sleep, and i hear an old lady laughing voice (creepy voices), and i can't move. i tried to wake my bf, but i can't move. i'm stunned. luckily it ended in a few mins. it scare the hell out of me. now i'm always have their dog following me around whenever i wander in their house alone.
2. we were living in an area where it used to be a cemetary ground when i was in college. we were riding a cra to get something to eat at 1AM, i saw someone crossing the road and just disappear. i never told my friends until days later.
3. we go to the beach almost every weekend and the place is creepy. that's where the japananese people murdered hundreds of dutch people during the collonialism & invasion era at 1940s, and they throw the bodies at the sea. there's one site in the hotel that where they build a new apartment, and the workers found 3 skulls. my friend who lived there said that there's some noises heard in the kitchen sometimes, or footsteps heard following you when u got back from the beach etc... it's scray, i never be alone at nights there.
4. my office is also kinda creepy. it's famously known as there are some spirits who imitates employees there when the employee is out of the office.
i was imitated TWICE. the first time, complete with my new cut hair and dress i was going to wear that day. i wasn't arrived at the office until 10, and a friend of mine said that i was staring at her at 9 o'clock and my friend was talking to me and i was just staring. we found out about this during lunch time.
and the second time, my friends was in a bathroom stall, and she heard me calling her nad we're talking while still in our stalls, when she came out. no one's there.