Believe in ghosts? Come share your brushes with paranormal phenomena!

Yes I believe in ghosts. Four years after my husband died I had a very strange experience in the middle of a hot July night. I woke up, got up and drank a cold glass of water so I know I did not dream this. When I laid my head back down on my pillow I felt/ heard this noise and a circular motion outside my bedroom window, which was just above my bed. It was like a helicopter was flying right outside the window. It went on for a minute and I finally decided to check it out saying "What the hell ....." and I opened the curtains right above my head. This light immediately came in through the window, passed through my body, then quickly traveled out the bedroom and rattled the closet doors that were near the front door.

I was scared to death - saying to myself (and my pets) what was that? I knew that whatever it was, was waiting outside my window for me to let it into our world. I thought it might be my late husband, Larry, but couldn't understand if it was him, why he didn't say something to me so that I wouldn't be so terrified. I stayed awake the rest of the night, too afraid to go back to sleep.

The next day I told a friend at work about it and she had done alot of work with psychics and she offered to come over to the apartment to see if the presence was still there. I told her I didn't think it had stayed more than a couple of seconds but I still wanted a second opinion. I knew for sure that if whatever it was, was still in my apartment that I would have to move immediately. She came over and said whatever it was is not still here (something in my heart, I already knew).

I was upset and puzzled about this experience for a couple of weeks but finally gave up on trying to make any sense of it. Whatever it was was not hanging around me so I sort of forgot about after awhile.

5 months later I heard from my mother-in-law the horrible news that my late husband's daughter (from a previous marriage), had died in July at the age of 13 from a malignant melanoma. I was stunned and angry with my mother in law for not even telling me that Bree had been sick, muchless died months before. She told me about the death on her annual Christmas card (we were never close, obviously). I was heartbroken at experiencing another loss, this was my husband's only child and my only step-child.

A few days after getting this news I figured out that my experience with the ghost was about 10 days before Bree died. Then I knew for sure that the ghost was my late husband, Larry and that there was a real good reason for his "visit". It was terrible to have Bree die so young but I was very comforted by the fact that Larry had come back to earth to help her to die and that he was now there for her in heaven. I even found much peace that I had not had previously because my husband's death finally made sense to me. Bree didn't know anyone who had died except for her father. Bree wouldn't be alone in Heaven. I think that is why my husband died at the age of 40.

So Yes I believe in ghosts. This is my one and only experience with seeing one but I have no doubts. Peggy

VersaceAtelier said:
it's not funny :cry:
Sorry VersaceAtelier I didn't mean it to be funny and I am sure it's not fun to see them just that I always believed the things I saw/my mom told me were just something else other than ghost...ugh...but I didn't saw them before just not sure it they were ghost or something esle...:unsure:

I am a strange mix of believer and skeptic. I do believe in spirits and ghosts, but I think 99.9999999999999999999% of the ghosts people see are either hallucinations, dreams, night paralysis, imaginations, or real ghostly APPARITIONS (not really spirits that can communicate or interfere with the living, but just visual vestiges of people whose lives affected that space once upon a time).

I think real visits by a spirit are very rare and most of those are evil spirits who intend to deceive someone.

i believe in them just coz I have had multiple experiences n also, the stories shared since i was a young child... too many to remember but the one that stood out was when my mother passed away almost 4 yrs ago.... I know she was just watching over us but I got so scared still....

Everevereve said:
Sorry VersaceAtelier I didn't mean it to be funny and I am sure it's not fun to see them just that I always believed the things I saw/my mom told me were just something else other than ghost...ugh...but I didn't saw them before just not sure it they were ghost or something esle...:unsure:

oh, i understand.
It's very strange topic, because someone believes in ghosts and someone not.
I believe in ghosts and karma too. Death is natural change. Everybody will born in this world and he/she has to experience some life tests and solve some problems... Then he/she die and as a ghost he/she is living in the other world for many years, and he helps other people on the earth, but he don't have body, so we can't see him. It's good for us, because he could tell us what to do, but he can't, because we have to solve our problems by ourself, because it's only one way to be more intelligent or strong etc. Then he has new incarnation, new life and new life tests in this world. He has experiences from his incarnations in the past, but he don't remember them. For example if he or she was artist, then he can draw very well, or he is interested in something etc.... Ghost isn't female or male and in one life he could be for example white woman, and in the second black man etc.. Because if someone wasn't woman, than he don't know how it is to be a woman, so he will have to be a woman in next life. People should learn more about life, because they will be on higher mental level. If someone will have the highest mental level, he won't have any incarnations anymore and he will be happy forever.
Everybody have to learn something in his life. If someone is rich and he is selfish and he don't respect money, in next life he won't have money. If someone hates asians, he will be asian in next life and many people will hate him. Then he will ask himself: Why somebody hates me? because i am asian? It's terrible and bad! and then he won't hate asians anymore and he will be on the higher mental level... etc.
Everybody have to eliminate his anger, fear, feeling of fault and he have to be unprejudiced...This human is very nice and helps people. People should believe that everything bad is good for something, For example someone losts his job, but he find better, or cancer is typical test of life... And very important is to be nice and good, if you do bad things, it will return back to you and you will abide until you realise you had done bad things and you won't do it anymore. You will be on the higher mental level and you will have new life tests etc... It's the rule of karma.

Well, when I first bought my place I was getting a ton of mail for a lady who I thought must have lived at my place but never forwarded her mail. Things like her 50th high school reunion, etc. Tons of mail!

I mentioned it casually to a neighbor and they informed me she and her husband used to live in my place and were complete recluses with little yippy dogs. AND, turns out she died in my place a few years ago! :wtf:

So I don't feel like my place is haunted, it doesn't scare me but it IS a little weird knowing someone died in here...

I went to Salve Regina University. For those who are not that familiar with the campus, a lot of mansions have been turned into college dorm rooms.

f3w6b2qi.jpg

This is Carey Mansion. I lived there the second half of my junior year and all of my senior year. There's a rumor that a nun got pregnant by a priest in the room and hung herself in the circle room. I remember once
I decided to make my way up to the third floor to go exploring. I didn't see or feel anything, but I decided at some point that I didn't want to tempt anything so I went back downstairs to my dorm room.

Another myth was that a man was having an affair in the circle room. The wife caught them and set the place on fire, killing them. The wife survived, but hanged herself in the exact same room. (Over the past Columbus Day weekend, all four guys living in the circle room went home over the weekend. When they returned, they found a picture on the out tray of one of they guy's printer. The picture shows the ghostly figure of a woman standing in the room. The picture also shows a staircase that was originally in the room, but was taken out when the room was turned into a dorm room.)

x2eirh0k.jpg

This is Wakehurst. This is the student center. The school paper is printed there, the Campus Activities Board office is there, there's a student cafe, a movie theatre. Some professors have their offices on the third floor.

Before a faculty member's office was moved to another building, his office was here. One night around 10:00, he called campus security because he heard dinner party noises coming from the main stairwell: laughing and talking and glasses clinking. Security told him that was impossible, because the building was wired shut so nobody would be allowed to get in. He left immediately down the back stairs.

There's another myth going around that on the night of the first snow fall, you can see a young woman pushing an antique style baby carriage around the property. (The ghost is either of the woman who used to own the house who died young and never got to take care of her children, or the ghost could be of a tutor taking the place of the child's deceased mother.

Another myth floating around Wakehurst is the ghost dressed in equestrian gear who lives on the third floor. A faculty member who started his career on the second floor of Wakehurst. His number one complaint heard from students during his time there was a story of a man walking from window to window on the top floor of Wakehurst. (At that time, the third floor was used for storage from the activities office).

e9d870j6.jpg

This is Watts-Sherman. It's used as a girls' dorm. Some claim to have heard a ball bouncing in the annex of Watts. The ball used to belong to a little boy named Adam, who supposedly fell down the stairs and died. The ball bouncing used to belong to him. Students have sworn to have seen Adam bouncing his ball and heard the ball bouncing.

Strange occurances happened in room 308 (on the third floor). So much so that the girls living their had a priest come and bless the room and leave holy water there. Since then, nothing else has happened.

Before that, though, at night, there would be banging on the window and the beds would randomly shake during the night.

(I knew about the nun rumor in Carey Mansion, but I got the rest of these from an article written by a Salve Student: http://www.srumosaic.com/media/storage/paper658/news/2005/04/27/Entertainment/Mysteries.And.Myths.Of.The.Supernatural.At.Salve-940014.shtml?norewrite200607191702&sourcedomain=www.srumosaic.com)

LisaG719 said:
:wtf: that would creep me out!
The nun story was the only one I heard about while I was living there. And when I decided to go exploring I realize now that I was looking in a completely different part of the building. (I was on the third floor and those things supposedly happened in the circle room.)

I'm not going to say that if I didn't see it, it didn't happen. (Those guys found a picture on their printer. . . . they now have it hanging on their wall.) All I'm saying is, nothing happened to or around me.

LisaG719 said:
Odd things have been happening in our house and I was wondering if people have ever lived in a place that they thought was haunted? :wtf:
How long have you lived at your house? Did you jsut move there or have you been there for a long time but the strange things have been happening are recent?