Before you buy a louis, do you think about how often you will use it?

No, I buy the bags I love. LV is fun for me. I already have all the bags I need for practical purposes so at this point if I spend money on a bag, it's something I just really WANT!

I dooo! Definitely..I don't consider myself as a LV collector that would buy a bag just to "look at it" and I'd rather use all my bags...thus I look for how often I would use it, practicality, durability etc. That's why all my bags on my wish list are pretty much all purpose. I guess it's just b/c I'm a student with a PT income so I need to justify my purchases....

Well, I know what styles work for me and which ones won't so I look for those :yes:
Also, if it's a newer style I don't have experience with, I try them out in the store first.

Yep, practicality always factors into my buying decisions, if I love the bag, I generally use it often, I only have one bag I don't use a lot, but I love it too much to part with it (cb papillon)

I'm a Libra and so not practical. But, I believe in using the bags that I buy, so I use them, and I love them... but, I would not in the least consider myself practical and buy for practical reasons.... it's not in my vocabulary....lol. I want to be a collector and use my collection, I like new bags, because I want the patina of my life on them, but I do acquire pre-owned bags as well...especially ones you can't get any longer....

When still single and made my own money... I did not...:rolleyes:
Now that I'm a SAHM and DH gives me my shopping money... I do...:sweatdrop:
it's hard to justify an expensive purse that he doesn't see me carry it.:Push:
DH is more willing to pay for my addiction if he sees me happy carrying them!;) :nuts:

Yes...I always take that into consideration when buying a bag. I only have a few designer bags but I have to be in love with them when I buy them. I usually rotate my bags too, so they all get used. :yes:

I am the most practical person in the world. I can't bring myself to buy something if I know I'm not going to use it A LOT! I think about a purchase for at least a month or two before I actually buy the item. I won't have unused bags in my closet. Anything I haven't used in 6 months gets given to my mom and sisters. That includes clothes, shoes, and purses!!

I am extremely practical too- I hate buying something, whether it's a bag, shoes, clothes, and then realizing I really don't like it and let it go to waste. I was sooo excited when I bought my first (and only) Chanel bag, it's a patent leather pink top handled tote with a medallion, I spent a ton, and I think I've used it 10 times max. I've thought about selling it but then I think what if I regret it? So when I buy a new LV I think very carefully about whether I will use it- will it go with my clothes? will it fit everything I need? is it comfortable to wear, easy to open? Currently I'm obsessed with the Houston in the new red but I can't justify it because I don't think I could wear the color with everything. :s