Bbag dilemma - where else could I turn?

I say go for the FB or VG. I'm a huge VG fan - the color just makes me so happy! I can tell that vibrant color works for you from the bags you love - don't settle! Find a bag that thrills you when you look at it.

I have not seen a anthra bag irl but I have seen a anthra tassel sent to me by one of my customers. In looking at your two bags and hearing your interest in VG and FB I am afraid anthra may be too dark for you. Just my opinion though. On that note, if you really want an FB I would not give up. A gal here just said there were two FB Days, at a Neiman Marcus near her and so I called a NM by me to see if they would transfer one from the other store and they had two as well. I have also seen two or three FB City's go by on ebay without being bought. Really all 3! I was watching trying to decide if I wanted to buy them. So keep your eye out on ebay if you want a FB City, I know they will be listed again, or call a Neiman Marcus near you if you want a FB Day. I know there is a huge buzz over the VG and although I haven't seen this irl it looks to be a fab color. The FB is better in real life than you can ever imagine and since you already have a green bag I am leaning toward advising you to get a FB. They are out there for sure, so don't give up on getting exactly what you want. If you don't live in the states and would like help with getting a FB Day from a department store here like Neiman Marcus, I would be happy to help you out. I've done so before for a pf friend in England and one in Australia. It is no problem at all! Congratultions on your new job too! You deffinitely deserve to treat yourself to a great bag!
:heart:

first, Congrats on the new job...!!! =) second, since you know you definitely like the FB and the VG, it's safe to get either one although i would say i prefer the FB, since it'll put more variety in your collection. i think you should get one or the other in the bag, and then get the a lil something on the side too! if you think u really can't live without that splash of colour! but DO NOT.. i repeat DO NOT settle for anything less..!!! ESPECIALLY if you're not even sure u like it in the first place... like lordguinny said the anthra is pretty much a hit or a miss. Besides, something as important and substantial as a bbag you shouldn't have to have the 'make do' feeling! =D just my 2 cents...

Here're my recommendations.

1. Get the bag after you sign on for the job- i.e. contract in hand.
2. Get the FB CITY, you already have a green bag.
3. Don't get any small accessories. Right now, it sounds like you're already strectching with a bBag, don't put yourself in more financial dire with unnecessary purchases.
4. Anthra's a chamelone color. I have it, but it's not for everyone.

First of all, thank you guys so much for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I think you all are probably right about the anthra - maybe I'll make next year's purchase a straight-up black instead.

danae, I'm actually up north in Leeds, and believe me I've been stalking HN for weeks. They told me they would be getting anthra, but they sold out so fast the Knightsbridge store never sent any out. *sigh* And they're not getting VG at all. They did have one FB GH Day which I tried on and loved, but I can't get the GH. Too blingy for me, although it was stunning!

Time to do some thinking I reckon.

First of all, thank you guys so much for your responses. I really appreciate it.

I think you all are probably right about the anthra - maybe I'll make next year's purchase a straight-up black instead.

danae, I'm actually up north in Leeds, and believe me I've been stalking HN for weeks. They told me they would be getting anthra, but they sold out so fast the Knightsbridge store never sent any out. *sigh* And they're not getting VG at all. They did have one FB GH Day which I tried on and loved, but I can't get the GH. Too blingy for me, although it was stunning!

Time to do some thinking I reckon.

I love the fb gh day, do you not want it? lol

I understand what you are going through. Good on you for having such good self control about your Bbags. I could certainly learn from you :yes: Looking at your current collection, I think you'd get a lot more satisfaction from a French Blue. There are a few that do pop up on ebay - esp. now that everyone is saving big time for f/w 07! I reckon you should hold out for FB or VG. Anthra is gorgeous, but I am traditionally a "colours" gal and anthra IRL didn't give me little butterflies in my tummy! Sorry, to all the lovely anthra club members :flowers: this is just my opinion...

*English* - I get the sense that you like BRIGHT colors (like me!). I agree with a lot of the other folks that the Anthracite would be too dark for you. However, I think that the Vert Gazon might be too close to your Apple Green (yes - it is a deeper green). The Rouge Vermillon, while more red than the Rouille, still has the Orange undertone so I don't think that you would want that.

Therefore, what that leaves is ... the French Blue. You don't have any Blue B-Bags, so I think that this would make a great addition to your collection.

There are plenty of stores in the UK which carry Balenciaga besides Browns, Selfridges & Harvey Nicks (such as Koh Samui, Matches, etc.). I would think that if you call around, you should be able to find one ... if not, I'm sure one of the folks here on the would let you know if they've seen one!

Good luck ... and CONGRATULATIONS on the new Job!!! Cheers!

Great advice from CeeJay, as always! Good luck, english girl, I'm sure that if you ask at all the Bal retailers, one will surely have a FB. And then if you're unlucky now is a great time for ebay since sales are slow and you won't have to pay above retail!