Balenciaga Clothes: Post Your Favourite Outfits!

Ok...I have to say "nay" on these shoes....would you really wear them, Simona? ;)

attachment.php

Yes, fiat I would! ;) But I would do them with a simple black dress so the focus would be on the shoes... (but how wouldn't it?) I know they're pretty crazy but I'm obsessed with shoes too besides bbags. :yes:

OMG, Marie, thanks for starting this thread!!!!

I'm actually more of Balenciaga clothes fan than bags...It was Nicholas' ingenious design of clothes that got me hooked on Balenciaga in the first place..!!! Their clothes fit me like no other brand. Narrow-shoulders, super small sizes...they're so beautifully sculpted. I bought my first piece back in 02SS(the infamous green cargo pants)and have been buying ever since. They're so original that they'll never be "out" of fashion.

Consequently, half of my closet is filled with Balenciaga clothes, although I'm not particularly fan of the recent designs. I don't have most of my Balenciaga clothes with me(left them at home)as I felt that Balenciaga clothes are way too sophisticated for Australia's relaxed climate. The runway pics below are only some of the clothes I have and I absolutely adore. I also have "balenciaga.edition", "balenciaga.pants" and some pre-collection stuff.

More than anything, I love the tailoring of Balenciaga....especially the coats, jackets, and I absolutely cannot live without their trousers!!!!!!

The absolute favorite piece of garment I own. I went through hell to get a hold of this one back in 02FW, and it's worth every penny:love:
100059008.jpg

Another coat and the infamous high-waisted trousers that I own from 02FW. The coat was a lucky find. I didn't pre-order the coat before the collection hit Barneys(BalNY wasn't open back then), but fortunately someone else canceled her order....and what are the chances, it was my size!!!!! I still get compliments every time I wear it. I LOVE the exaggerated collar...and it just fits like a glove:tender:
100059018.jpg

I have this entire outfit minus the boots. When I saw the collection, it was love at first site...I had to have the entire look!!! I'm a big sucker for leather jackets/coats, and the jacket is so warm:love: I love this origami skirt as well....so original!!! They're from 03FW.
100093474-1.jpg

I also have this entire look. Like the 02FW coat, I didn't order the jacket and regretted it, but Sarah Jessica Parker returned hers(she's my size) so I got mine!!!!! I love my MC balloon pants! These are cropped, but I also have the full-length version in black in different material. They're from 04FW.

00270f.jpg

This look was also love at first site. The dress is the cutest, avant-garde take on milk-maid dress. The asymmetrical hem makes it edgier and cooler. The sweater is heather pink, and made out of the softest mixture of cashmere and silk. Also from 04FW.
00240f.jpg

More...

This coat is also from 04FW. It's the most sophisticated, tailored coat-dress I've ever seen. It has a zipper closure at the back, and although its thickness is that of coats, it's meant to be worn like a dress. It's sexy!!
00260f.jpg

This is one of my favorite coats I own. I contemplated long and hard before I got this, as this was a lot more expensive than previous Balenciaga clothes... I paid nearly $4K for this, but I love it to pieces. The material is sort of like wet-suit material and it's very si-fi. This is from 05FW.

00040m.jpg

This gorgeous sweater was a lucky find on ebay. It's from 01FW. It's made out of alpaca/mohair and has two big eyelets on both ends of the collar bone.I with I could back in time and buy the entire collection!!!!

100033615.jpg

These pants are the first piece of Balenciaga I ever bought. They came in 2 styles-skinny and baggy. Mine are the baggy ones. There was a mile long waiting list at Barneys(it was smaller production back then, and BalNY wasn't opened until Feb14,03. Since I loved them so much, when Balenciaga did them again in 03SS, I bought 5 pairs of those in different colors and styles. They're my favorite summer pants!!!
100053507.jpg

I had the entire outfit(jacket and the skirt), and stupidly I sold both of them. I don't know what I was thinking about....The jacket is similar to my coat from 02FW(the second pic), but I loved it... Now I'm waiting for them to pop up again!! These are from 02FW.
100059019.jpg

This is another fab jacket that I owned but sold:sad: Mine was black and it was so sexy and avant-garde...The sleeves were exaggerated but the body was like a corset. I want it back!!! It's from 03FW.
100093489.jpg

This is my dream coat. I've been dying to get this forever.....I just couldn't afford to buy this gorgeous coat. It was over $6K, and I thought about pinching my expenses somewhere else to get this, but I just couldn't.:crybaby: I still dream about this....
00030m.jpg

I wanted this entire outfit, but BalNY didn't receive my size(FR34). I tried getting them from BalParis, but by the time I made up my mind, they were both sold out. They still had the bubble skirt in white, but I really wanted it in black.....oh, well. I'm also waiting for them to pop up on ebay!! They're both from 04FW.
00110f.jpg

This is another jacket I regret not getting. This is from 05FW, and honestly, 02FW and 05FW are my favorite collections Nicholas did....They're so clean, sophisticated, masculine features on extremely feminine silhouette...just couldn't get enough. But the prices went up almost double for 05FW collection, and I couldn't buy many....:crybaby: I wish I had a money tree!!!!!!!!!!
00230m.jpg

I love this corset top. It's so feminine, avant-garde and just so cool. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of Balenciaga at that time:sad: I really like Nicholas' earlier designs better...they're funkier! Oh, this is from 01FW.

100033622.jpg

100059008.jpg

tooshies, i have to agree with you! i have this jacket and it just keeps getting better and better. i was in bal paris in 02 when they had just got the second shipment in and was lucky to get my size!! i went back to the store 3 times that trip bc it blew my bal bag budget that year (LOL). it was the jacket and i still get comments from all the SA people in the different boutiques in paris. do you remember how stiff the sleeves were? i felt like robocop! now they are like butter!:supacool:

this jacket is like the "flat brass" of jackets..

ohhhh, and first class, sweetie, congrats on your nouveau bal jacket! how are ya? big kiss, chauss

100059008.jpg

tooshies, i have to agree with you! i have this jacket and it just keeps getting better and better. i was in bal paris in 02 when they had just got the second shipment in and was lucky to get my size!! i went back to the store 3 times that trip bc it blew my bal bag budget that year (LOL). it was the jacket and i still get comments from all the SA people in the different boutiques in paris. do you remember how stiff the sleeves were? i felt like robocop! now they are like butter!:supacool:

this jacket is like the "flat brass" of jackets..

I know!!! Isn't it the best jacket Bal has ever done!!?? I fell in love with it(along with everything else in the collection)when I saw the collection, and pre-ordered it at Barneys NY. Well, they messed up the order and they didn't order me one and they weren't going to get anymore.

So I called BalParis, they told me that because the leather is so stiff and small-made, I should go a size up. I told the SA that I'm always Balenciaga FR34 or 36, ever a 38, but she insisted on sending me a 38. Well, when it arrived it was too big of course...so I had to wait for the second shipment to get a 36!!

But honestly, it's the best piece of clothing I own. It was so heavy and stiff when I first got it and it constricted my movement, but now it's so soft and it really is like butter. I get compliments everywhere I go when I wear it. It was the best $3K I ever spent on a piece of garment!!!
My SO LOVES the jacket as well and he got pissed off at me when he learned that I didn't bring my leather motorcycle jacket. LOL It's too hot to wear it here! (instead, I brought a few Rick Owens leather jackets to compensate:P)

^ AMAZING Tooshies! Thanks for sharing all those pics and info! WOW! Those outfits look truly amazing! I love the jacket with the exxagerated collar! Would love to see pics of you sporting/modeling any of these bal. clothiings one day!

Firstclass! OMG, I love the jacket that you just bought! I have always loved motorcycle jackets and this one has that edgy look but toned down and so beautiful!

WOW :nuts: what amazing pictures :yahoo:!! I LOVE them all :tup: thank you so much for posting it 'K' tooshies .... just want to see your own 'Bal-collection' (modeling on you of course) ;):yes:!

And also want to see you :heart:'C' chauss...... - missed you too sweety :crybaby:I'm fine, thank you for asking! Hope you're well too ?

And thank you so much for the nice compliments on my leather jacket 'H' mint.... - too bad you can't feel this leather, it's sooooooooooo smooth :drool: I really love it and can't wait to wear it !!!

I like Ghesquiere's clothes, but I'm more drawn to the designs of Chistobal Balenciaga himself. He had such a monumental impact on fashion in the 50s and 60s; it's amazing his name never got huge outside the fashion world like Dior or Givenchy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aaaahhh...I will have to go with Cheshire on this one. I ADORE the classic Balenciaga designs...

Love this thread :tender:- thank you for starting it Marie :flowers::love:

I especially love this picture/outfit :tup::

1-16.jpg

and I myself just bought this brand-new motorcycle leather jacket from Balenciaga ..... I LOVE it :yahoo::heart:

attachment.php
Hi, sorry to bother you but I just tried to purchase the very same black leather jacket from Bal NY today and they were sold out. When did you get yours if you don't mind sharing? I love it so much and now I'm on a quest...I hope I can find one!
Best,
Susan

WOW, Tooshies , Firstclass and Chauss!:tender::heart: Your Balenciaga clothes are so GORGEOUS!:love: I might have to look into Balenciaga clothes, too, because I am the same size as Tooshies and it is sometimes hard for me to find very well fitting clothes.:yes:Congrats, ladies, and thanks so much for sharing!:yes::heart: