Back from the gay pride parade!

Tolerance is a quality more people need to learn.
Thanks for the thread and the pics. And you know I do think the third picture is "sweeter" then just a heterosexual couple, because they look free and relaxed and enjoying each other and not being judged. Heterosexuals are afforded that luxury daily..........

I agree 100%!! I'm also glad this thread wasn't closed because that would've been unfair like Socialite said. Aaaand Canada does rock! :supacool:

Thought this picture was really sweet. This was at the beach in front of the festival.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/ginger98/holdhands.jpg

I am glad you had fun, however, I do not find that last pic anymore sweet then the millions of hetro couples I see. I feel that it is a little discriminatory acting as if they are sweeter/different then other couples. Sorry just had to state that.

Nowhere does she say the pic IS or ISN'T anymore sweet than a pic of a hetero couple. She simply found it endearing and posted it.
However, I do find it impressive when a certain group, who's been discriminated towards for hundreds of years, can openly display their affection for one another without fear of verbal or physical abuse. I think that's something a lot of people take forgranted

Nowhere does she say the pic IS or ISN'T anymore sweet than a pic of a hetero couple. She simply found it endearing and posted it.
However, I do find it impressive when a certain group, who's been discriminated towards for hundreds of years, can openly display their affection for one another without fear of verbal or physical abuse. I think that's something a lot of people take for granted

Back in my home country traditions and cultural restrictions are so strong that HETERO couples don't hold hands in public...

I find it very impressive that in the US EVERYBODY can regardless of gender or sexual inclination!

:tup: Very good point.

However, I do find it impressive when a certain group, who's been discriminated towards for hundreds of years, can openly display their affection for one another without fear of verbal or physical abuse. I think that's something a lot of people take forgranted

Back in my home country traditions and cultural restrictions are so strong that HETERO couples don't hold hands in public...

I find it very impressive that in the US EVERYBODY can regardless of gender or sexual inclination!

Sadly there are tons of places in the U.S. where gay couples wouldn't feel comfortable out in public, at least not acting like a couple.

Where was this? I always thaught we were the only ones that did gay pride (Amsterdam)

Oh No - we had Gay Pride in Brighton at the weekend. Unfortunately due to family commitments I couldn't go but Brighton (apparently, the Gay Capital of the UK!) has one every year.

And - about the photos at the start of the thread - the last one is really cute! and in the first ones - I'm liking the guy in the Purple Trunks!!! (shame he bats for the other team!)

Personally, I never felt represented by the gay pride parades. It seems to me to be just every gay stereotype thrown up on a stage, and I didn't see lesbian women represented that well when I went last year at the one here in Chicago, but that may just have been then and there.

Plus, it's only really funny getting groped the first time.

But I'm glad everyone who did go had fun! It deffinatly is good to have at least one major event for GLBTQ people and supporters :smile: