Baby Phat Purses... What do you think?

I'm not really a fan - they just seem to copy the designs of whatever is hot at the moment. I remember being so bleh about their "kooba sienna" bags.

I agree...I see Gucci's hobo and Fendi's Spy mixed into the design that was pasted above.

The Neiman Marcus catalogue had these cheesy-looking (no offense) Hello Kitty watches with Hello Kitty faces made out of gems (some of which are diamonds), and were by Kimora Lee Simmons Baby Phat. Although each watch costed thousands of dollars I found them quite cheap-looking, considering that they looked like bejeweled spin-offs of plastic Hello Kitty watches you could get at a mall vendor.

I think they are AWFUL as a whole.

All the ones I see around here have lots of fake jewels and diamonds, huge silver buckles, plastic looking croc in bright colors...too "bling" and tacky for my taste.

I used to buy Baby Phat and Rocawear when I wasn't working and couldn't afford the designer purses I had grown accustomed to buying. They both do a lot of designer styles, in Baby Phat/Rocawear fashion. Some of them are wayyyy too gaudy and too flashy for my taste, but occasionally there are so more toned down, tamer styles.

I bought a Baby Phat a while ago (pic below) that was a take-off of the LV Murakami style. It was a little HTF, but I got lucky and found it at AJ Wright (you can almost always find Baby Phat, Rocawear and Ekko bags at AJ Wright, Marshall's and TJ MAxx - and you don't even have to wait to get the current styles. A lot of the bags are from the current lines). I no longer have it, sold it for more than I paid!!

I'm working again and can now buy the bags I really want - but for some who can't afford the higher priced designer bags, they can be a nice alternative.

Attachments

• bp.jpg
    bp.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 305