Authenticate This Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.
roey said:
I have to admit at a cursory glance of all Michelle's pics it is a very good fake! Branded might indeed sell authentic bags of some designers but because we don't know exactly where they purchase their merchandise we can't be 100 percent sure of authenticity. Therefore, I would definitely recommend returning the bag for a refund and peace of mind and trying to locate an authentic one through retail channels if possible.

I would have to agree. As I have personally purchased from them before and recently purchased a Fendi Spy (which was DEFINATELY authentic) from them, I believe them to sell Authentic and Fake goods. Which is a real shame! I just found it hard to believe that they could sell the Chloe Paddington in the blanc which is quite a rare bag to have. Plus after looking at Michelle's pictures, it would be hard for someone who didn't have a clue about Chloe to see that as fake! I feel I should personally write to branded and voice the concerns we all have about their "paddingtons". Especially since I have bought from them before. It really is unexceptable for them to sell any FAKE goods.

SHARE said:
Hey there,
What are the easiest ways to tell if a chloe purse is a fake?
thanks! :smile:

Chloe bags have many, many details, which can help you decide whether a bag is authentic, or fake.

Whether it is a good idea for all of us to post them in one thread (or one thread per style), for easy access, I can't decide. This is because the counterfeiters could then, easily, use the tips to improve their bags.

It is also, unfortunately, a fact, that a sketchy list, might do more harm than good, as, when it comes to counterfeit bags, 'a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing'. This is because all details must be considered, as some superfake bags are perfect in almost every way!

If you hang around on the Chloe forum, for a while, you will probably start to get a feel for what a Paddy should (and shouldn't) look like.

Until you have (and even once you have), I think it is probably better, once you have established that a seller on eBay is a good one, to stick with the usual system of posting a new thread on Authenticate This!, or posting on this thread, to ask about the authenticity of an individual bag.

This thread contains advice on judging sellers:

http://forum.purseblog.com/authenti...-whether-bag-ebay-authentic-please-18761.html

Afterall, many heads are better than one! :biggrin:

lordguinny said:
Alrighty ladies...just in case I can't get my hands on the elusive Edith Whiskey through the traditional method, what are your thoughts on this seller's edith?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6880835410&sspagename=ADME%3AL%3ARTQ%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

Both the seller and the bag look great to me. :yes:

Of course, the bag is listed at above retail, but that is only to be expected on eBay.

I'd say that this would make a very good fall-back if you can't find one elsewhere. :biggrin:

Yeah, that was what I was thinking (about the bag being over retail). My SA asked to give her until Monday so if this seller relists the bag and I still don't have one by Monday I might bid on her auction anyways. It's just I'm so hesitant to buy on Ebay now especially since I just got burned. But I am so impatient! What I like about the auction is that I can see the actual bag's characteristics.

EBoutique (who I think is a PF recommended seller) has one for below retail but the bag looks like a "Chucky". It doesn't seem to have a lot of character. The auction is http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BE-FIRST-CH...883634825QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As long as the seller is a good one and you receive the bag in the photo, I agree that it is cool to see the actual bag you will receive.

The number of times I've returned things to bricks and mortar stores and NAP, because I've bought them purely from a brochure, or an online photo and of course, they've chosen the pretty one to photograph! :biggrin:

I like the NAP Edith much better, too. I suppose that the other one is early sale stock? Otherwise they would be losing money.....strange. :huh:

The top of it looks very stiff and a private auction? I never like the sound of that! :hrmm:

I wonder how they know that this is a genuine seller?

I wouldn't buy it! :biggrin:

Regarding michelle77's blanc paddy... as much as I don't believe that website sells authentic bags, I thought I'd point out these few things:

* I'm not too sure if the stitching on the padlock can be an indicator of authenticity because I've seen an authentic Chloe paddy with larger, almost straight stitching on the padlock. An example is a photo below of an authentic craie paddy from FW05 (this photo belongs to a fellow ALVA member I hope she doesn't mind me posting this).

* The fonts on the metal plate are supposed to be engraved right, not embossed? Isn't embossed mean the fonts sort of come out higher than the plate? :weird: But I do agree with chloehandbags that the fonts on the metal plate is off... esp the "e" is really weird. The fonts on the leather strip on the padlock look fine to my eyes though.

Argh... I wish Chloe could be just a bit more consistent with the details... I can understand some changes to keep ahead of the fakers but all these different things can be so misleading. We always have the mystery of whether something really is wrong or is it just a variation :huh:

Attachments

• chloe_pad6.jpg
    chloe_pad6.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 519
michelle77 said:
Hi,

I've posted a few more pics below... I think I need to buy a new camera nevermind a new bag!!

Hope these are a bit clearer and any comments are much appreciated

Many thanks,
:biggrin:
Michelle,

I have had a look at your photos and the chloe bag you have seems to be a genuine bag. I have a chloe bag which I bought in Selfridges and it seems to be the same from the photos you have put here. Although it is difficult to be sure from just looking at photos.

I am not sure if the member "chloehandbags" is correct with what they are saying or do thay have something against the company your bought you bag from!!!!!!

Good luck if you are not sure with your purcahse I would return the bag back to them with your concerns.

^^^ The details look pretty good, but the color looks a bit orangish for the TAN and the leather looks a bit shiny. It could be the lighting though. The bag does look authentic. Where did she get the bag and can she provide a receipt? Also, for that price, I would just buy a new one at one of the boutiques available. Tan isn't that hard of a color to find and several are having sales now and in the upcoming future.

EDIT: Also with that few feedbacks, I would also be leery. With that in mind, I would definitely buy from a store! Good luck!

Well, what I assumed was that the Chloe tag, the top portion picture was cut and pasted into the picture with the bottom portion of the tag. Is that what you were referring to?

As far as the only other differences, instead of SAC, mine says HANDBAG. Mine also just says MADE IN ITALY, not the MADE IN ITALY ITALIE. The fonts are right and they have the right bit of information. Chloe isn't exactly consistent with everything so it wouldn't surprise me if this was an oversight. I don't know about the nuances of the tag reading for Chloe. All my spring bags start with an 06 then has a letter, the fact hers do not makes me a little suspect, but there may not be a consistency to it. I haven't researched it enough to tell that part for certain.

The lack of feedback alone would make me not bid on this bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.