Authenticate This Chloe

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ at first glance I say no. because of the stiff leather and the size seems off. However, you can always ask the seller for more pics. then a definitive assessment can be made.

Pippop: That's fake, no question. Bad leather plus the Chloe stamp is huge! It doesn't sit like a real bag either. When in doubt, let the price be your first clue.

lordguinny said:
Hello! I was told to redo my posting in here. Any help you gals can provide would help me immensely!!!

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and am extremely excited to have found you all!!!

I have a question regarding the Chloe Ediths. I know with some other designer bags every one of the same model has the same exact markings, stitching, etc. For example, I have a Louis Vuitton Petite Noir and I know that mine and my friend's are exactly the same. Is this the case with the Chloe Edith?

I ask this because I recently purchased a used Chloe Edith online from an ebay seller (ether321) for around $600. When I received the bag I noticed the interior stitching was a different color. Mine is brown. Does Chloe make Ediths with varying color of interior stitching?

I have attached photos to help. If you guys could take a look and tell me if it is real or not I'd appreciate it! The seller is 200% adamant that it is real since she bought it herself at a CA boutique. She isn't a bagseller and I really want to know if it is real or not so I can get my $$ back! Thank you!

Hi lordguinny and welcome! :biggrin:

Certain aspects, such as the fonts of the lettering and serial numbering can indeed vary. Chloe is certainly more variable than many other designer brands.

I am sure this is a fake, however. :sad: The leather is too stiff and the lining should be a cream cotton twill; the lining on your bag looks as though it's made of black nylon!

Please leave a negative and get a refund.

If you have any problems, please read this thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/how-to-deal-with-ebay-fraud-10055.html

Hi All,

This is my first time on this site and was after a bit of help spotting a fake pleeease..

I've just purchased my first Chloe Paddington and have been reading up on how to spot a fake.. everything seems fine with it but to be honest I still need a little help with the serial number..

I'm looking at the front of my bag and the serial tag is on the bottom right of the inside pocket and is stitched in side on, if I hold it at the stitching and pull the tag out the serial is then upside down.. Is this correct??

The colour of the serial tag is a slightly darker beige leather than the rest of the bag and the serial number is 02.06.48.7259 and are only about 2mm high.. is this correct?

Also if you open the buckles is the zip supposed to come completely open giving better access to the bag??

Thanks in advance :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.