Asian Nose Job 3

My rib implant was from donor and I hated it. I didn't want to reuse it. My surgeon replaced it with silicone which looks so much more natural and much smaller. Overall day 11 ... My nose look so much better than my rib nose. My nostrils are no longer uneven! My surgeon didn't have to take any cartilage from my ear ( thank God). I read some horror story on a girl, her ear dud not heal well and now she has ear aches all the time! So I am grateful that there's no additional trauma!

I heard that you can reuse the rib and shave it down but I didn't like the way rib feels ... Very hard nose. My surgeon told me in few months my nose will be much more flexible!

For me, the silicone looks 100 % more natural for me. The rib implant...I can see exactly where the implant started. When I asked my first surgeon about it, he said he can just use filler to correct it.... So needless to say, picking a surgeon will increase your chance to not have to go thru revision. Please do your homework!

I was wondering for your revision surgery, did they trim and re-use the original rib or did they harvest new rib, also same question for your cartilage nose tip, did they recycle that too?

Yes I did.... He did a great job as my revision was complicated. Dr. Kwan was referred to me by dr Sherman who is another very well know ps in NYC.

I can't comment on his reviews from others but he did a great job on my nose. I think he was very pleased. However, I made sure I talked to him several times and bought my family in to talk to him too. So he understood very clearly what I asked for and tried his very best. He was honest about the difficulties but I trusted him. I am blessed that it turned out well and will provide more updates soon....

God bless!

hey faitful..did you go to dr edmund kwan for your revision??? i didn't get much postive reviews when i searched him up on the net.

I had a consultation with him back in march. I wasn't all the impressed with him and the Asian noses he did looked ok but I heard he handles many tough revision cases. However, he charges a lot for his work.

Make an appt... I think it was 300 for consultation fee but it's worth it to see if he is the right one.

anyone knows if dr sam rizk in NYC is good with asian noses? he looks too good to be true..

Oh what a hassle..are you still in Korea??

Yeah... I know, right? Couldn't imagine it would be this complicated. I'm back home for more than 2 weeks already. There are 2 Iranian girls who had a nose job in their homeland at my work, their nose are so beautiful and it cost much cheaper comparing to Korea... I think Middle East doctors are quite good when it comes to nasal augmentation... Could be another choice for those who doesn't need an implant. Their doctor also gived out a guarantee for free revision if anything went wrong.

Last edited:
My rib implant was from donor and I hated it. I didn't want to reuse it. My surgeon replaced it with silicone which looks so much more natural and much smaller. Overall day 11 ... My nose look so much better than my rib nose. My nostrils are no longer uneven! My surgeon didn't have to take any cartilage from my ear ( thank God). I read some horror story on a girl, her ear dud not heal well and now she has ear aches all the time! So I am grateful that there's no additional trauma!

I heard that you can reuse the rib and shave it down but I didn't like the way rib feels ... Very hard nose. My surgeon told me in few months my nose will be much more flexible!

For me, the silicone looks 100 % more natural for me. The rib implant...I can see exactly where the implant started. When I asked my first surgeon about it, he said he can just use filler to correct it.... So needless to say, picking a surgeon will increase your chance to not have to go thru revision. Please do your homework!
Glad that you're happy with your new nose! If its looking really good at day 11 then it will look even better in another few weeks!

Do you know what size or shape of silicone they used on your nose? I'm having septal cartilage for my tip and the doc said he recommended 1mm silicone to smooth out the shaving.

Were you a little concerned about the silicone being infected or the chance of extrusion?

kichichan said:
Yeah... I know, right? Couldn't imagine it would be this complicated. I'm back home for more than 2 weeks already. There are 2 Iranian girls who had a nose job in their homeland at my work, their nose are so beautiful and it cost much cheaper comparing to Korea... I think Middle East doctors are quite good when it comes to nasal augmentation... Could be another choice for those who doesn't need an implant. Their doctor also gived out a guarantee for free revision if anything went wrong.

Hi kitchikan ,would u mind to share ur picture with me

blinkiebug said:
Hi everyone! I just had my surgeries yesterday, stayed overnight and now I'm at my own hotel. (Highly recommended! US$85 or so a night, spacious well-equipped rooms, even has PC n DVD player, free wireless n cheap in room dining)

The initial pre-surgery experience wasn't fantastic, partly my own fault cos I took a overnighter flight in, barely slept n then went straight to hospital on an empty stomach as they said no food 8 hrs before surgery. Had to wait a while as I arrived an hr before reception staff were in, and another hour before doctor was in.

Consultation was alright but slightly pressurizing, perhaps cos I was tired and don't take fatigue+hunger well. Ended up doing mandible angle reduction after a little persuading even though I personally don't have a huge issue about my jawline... The English-speaking nurse who was assigned to me after I settled what surgeries id be going for was very kind an

kain said:
to anyone who wants to see my b&a pics, please do what i asked in my signature; 10 posts and then pm me. i am not checking every single post on the off-chance that someone might ask to see my pics. i skip over a lot of posts that do not look interesting. but if you pm me, i am guaranteed to see your request

Hi kain ,would u mind send me ur b/a picture to my email aafudjuhadi@ yahoo.com
Thanks

Soo your revision will be free of charge? All you have to do now is take some more time off work, pay for flight and hotel..
I wonder if all this would've been avoided if you opted for an implant or maybe different clinic.

Oh but their area of expertise is in "Greek" type noses, not sure about Asians with humps..

Soo your revision will be free of charge? All you have to do now is take some more time off work, pay for flight and hotel..
I wonder if all this would've been avoided if you opted for an implant or maybe different clinic.

Oh but their area of expertise is in "Greek" type noses, not sure about Asians with humps..

Yeah...I know... It would have been too much hassles if I have to flight back to Korea for a revision.

I'm not sure 100% for the free payment but hope so... Will have to discuss about that with my doctor in a several months. I will keep your guys updated (see how good their post-op service with the guarantee be...)

Right now I don't know the causes of the bump yet so I have no idea but I will post my questions on Realself to ask. JW's service in my experience was good in general anyway.

Last edited:
SEPTEMBER GROUP:

Just a quick update for upcoming September procedures:
(Please feel free to add your name to the list if you are arriving into Korea during Sept - make sure you have already purchased your flight ticket)
- Schrodinger: VIP Clinic, September 8th - 24th.
- KKim120: ?
- London_Chick: ?
- Jekki: ?
- Bobbycat: ?

Eva dropped out due to work ):
Here's the calendar I have created for our September group:
https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York
(For newbies to Google Calendar: In the upper left-hand corner, you can push the forward arrow to get to September).

If you want to add your official details (tickets booked, arrival / departure dates and surgery dates / consultations etc), please drop me a message and I can add it in (or if you have a gmail account, i can add you to the calendar).

Please provide your name and extra details that you are comfortable in revealing (age, location you're coming from, gender... blah blah candlelit dinners, long walks on the beach), or if you would like to be referred by your username instead, let me know. :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to planning a special outing so we can meet-and-greet each other before we all get beat up.

End note: I've also created a spreadsheet that you can add your details with:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlAQuOCgeQeVdDhIa2MtT0FCaXFYWVJFaVhiVHRkSlE
Feel free to add/edit only your own details, (I will edit if I see something off like formatting).

Last edited:
Yeah...I know... It would have been too much hassles if I have to flight back to Korea for a revision.

I'm not sure 100% for the free payment but hope so... Will have to discuss about that with my doctor in a several months. I will keep your guys updated (see how good their post-op service with the guarantee be...)

Right now I don't know the causes of the bump yet so I have no idea but I will post my questions on Realself to ask. JW's service in my experience was good in general anyway.

You know, you might consider visiting a local surgeon to see what he says... I know that the surgeons in my area offer free consultations...
An X-ray might help determine why your nose has a bump, and if it's simple enough, it may be cheaper just to do the surgery at home... Well, good luck!