Arrrrgh! I bid on a fake!

MissThing

Sep 13, 2006
I've been in ebay for about 2 years, so I guess it had to happen sometime. I bid on an Hermes scarf, did my research on the design etc. It was in the mail when I got home - and it's a copy! :cursing: It had all hallmarks, but it isn't 100% silk (if at all), so i wouldn't have twigged untill I had it in my hands. It's a shame, because I really like the design.

Anyhoo, luckyliy for me , I paid by paypal (and qualify for buyer protection) and this guy accepts returns within 3 days (probably to keep his feedback rating).

i'll keep you posted on the outcome

Hi !!

I am so sorry...I hate fakes:mad:
It happened to me also and get refundedbut what a waste a time...how can these people sleep well ???

I hope ebay will do something sooner...

:flowers:

I just got the refund for a FAKE Vuitton Epi Agenda MM today :yahoo:

It happens to all of us at some time I guess :shrugs:

Hope everything works out fine for you :flowers:

ebay would be such a wonderful venue if only it had policies in place that would eradicate the unscrupulous sellers. They won't do it because they will lose money - so many transactons of fake items are completed without a problem because buyers just don't know they have been taken. And ebay gets it's cut.

just top update you all, I got my refund but the :censor: d'dn't refund my shipping cost. (it was only $11 though). He didn't reply to my emails about the shipping cost event though he had the gall to file a dispute to mutually end the transaction!

In the end, I clicked onm the option for "no I haven't agreed to end it" and left him a neg. (can you beleive this mo-fo has 100% FB for selling fakes?!) Surprise, surprise witin two hours he left me a retaliatory neg. I've left a facutal reply to my neg, but hopefully the word FAKE in his neg will ward off other people.

just top update you all, I got my refund but the :censor: d'dn't refund my shipping cost. (it was only $11 though). He didn't reply to my emails about the shipping cost event though he had the gall to file a dispute to mutually end the transaction!

In the end, I clicked onm the option for "no I haven't agreed to end it" and left him a neg. (can you beleive this mo-fo has 100% FB for selling fakes?!) Surprise, surprise witin two hours he left me a retaliatory neg. I've left a facutal reply to my neg, but hopefully the word FAKE in his neg will ward off other people.
omg
how did he get 100% feed back
that sucks
so sorry to hear that

I've left a facutal reply to my neg, but hopefully the word FAKE in his neg will ward off other people.

Good for you - your awesome!!! It will help others who are thinking about buying in the future. It gets my attention!!

I have seen so many sellers with 100% feedback, and they sell fake bags. I think buyers just get to comfortable when they see a perfect rating.

omg
how did he get 100% feed back
that sucks
so sorry to hear that

these fakers get their 100% feedback from people who either know they are buying fakes :yucky:and are just fine with it or from people who are scared of retaliation to post neg feedback, so :rant:the innocent buyers are never warned. it's like that with so many brands, i see it with gucci, chloe, lv. i report a lot of fakes too. sometimes the auctions get shut down. often not :mad: