Are women who carry fake designer bags big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted to add in to the whole fake issue because the one thing that makes me feel even more shocked is what i have found some women do they mix in the very good clone fakes with the real thing i have recounted this story somehwere before i have a friend that went to month long trip to the orient since she went to japan and said she bought her gris T at a resale store we all as group (my friends!) went with the story when we were leaving the restaurant me and this friend were talking she noticed i kept looking at the bag in all honesty i was thinking how attractive the gris T looked because it looked less light a bit more fonce and since Hermes bags are not identical in all senses i observed the bag well. she naturally noticed and i said darling you know H is my thing....... and as i was about to say and i love your bag,she says ....well i guess theres no fooling you this bag is not the real thing but its sooo good and since i have real birkins i thought i could pull it off....... truthfully i answered you could but the reaction is what truly makes me see that you are just looking and checking is someone can tell ... so how can you buy this ???? and she answered its just its so good i like owning a birkin i bought for 500 usd. to that i replied its not a birkin not now not ever. but its just amazing !!!!! how some can do this.in all honesty anyone who does this is a bit dangerous

Yes it's so true.... I have seen many rich ladies mix authentic and fake birkins .....

Yes it's so true.... I have seen many rich ladies mix authentic and fake birkins .....

I don't know why, but wealthy ladies mixing authentic and fake gives me more of a sick-to-my stomach feeling than any person carrying 100% fake......Because it's like you have the money to buy real and you own real, yet you want people to think you have even more money than you have or are willing to spend. Someone carrying 100% fake may not even know the H quality. But once you know and love H, then to go and support a bunch of criminals and pass off fake B's as your loved, real B's....Well, then, that just spoils your whole collection-- real and fake!!! Ladies, don't ever fake it! In H or in bed! It spoils the real ones! ;)

I don't know why, but wealthy ladies mixing authentic and fake gives me more of a sick-to-my stomach feeling than any person carrying 100% fake......Because it's like you have the money to buy real and you own real, yet you want people to think you have even more money than you have or are willing to spend. Someone carrying 100% fake may not even know the H quality. But once you know and love H, then to go and support a bunch of criminals and pass off fake B's as your loved, real B's....Well, then, that just spoils your whole collection-- real and fake!!! Ladies, don't ever fake it! In H or in bed! It spoils the real ones! ;)

Totally agree!

No news like Faux News.

:roflmfao:

I did have a chuckle at this statement, whether true or not... "So, next time you see the stitching on a Louis Vuitton bag and realize it doesn’t quite look like the real deal, it’s fair to conclude that the person carrying it isn’t quite the real deal, either—and act accordingly."

I just don't like FAKE ANYTHING.... If I can't afford it, I don't own it. But obviously some people don't think it's that serious so they buy fakes.

Thanks for sharing PW!

:goodpost:You are so wise!!:tup:

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it's an urban myth.

pursecrzy is right. Botox is botulinum toxin. It has the potential to cause botulism, which is a life-threatening illness, but that is when it enters the GI tract. When (properly) injected, it is a neurotoxin which, as pursey said, paralyzes muscles temporarily to reduce muscle-induced wrinkling of the skin in that area. It is also used to reduce sweating, muscle twitches, and other symptoms. So, it's powerful stuff, but rat poison it ain't.
And I know this is totally off-topic and I'm sorry and I'm done now. :biggrin:

:roflmfao:

I did have a chuckle at this statement, whether true or not... "So, next time you see the stitching on a Louis Vuitton bag and realize it doesn’t quite look like the real deal, it’s fair to conclude that the person carrying it isn’t quite the real deal, either—and act accordingly."

I just don't like FAKE ANYTHING.... If I can't afford it, I don't own it. But obviously some people don't think it's that serious so they buy fakes.

Thanks for sharing PW!

Some ppl who bought a fake product might not even know it's fake :smile:

Last edited:
purselover888 said:

Lol!

I am amazed at how many excuses I've read here about why people carry fakes... the way I see it:
you buy a fake unknowingly: slightly naive perhaps rather than a liar? learn and move on.
you buy a fake knowingly: (but you tell everyone is a fake) not a liar but shows a luck of responsibility.
you buy a fake knowingly: (and pretend to everyone is authentic) yes definitely a liar and dishonest. just a step below criminal actually which is the next level.
you buy a fake knowingly: (and resell as authentic) would you like this person as a friend?

I am amazed at how many excuses I've read here about why people carry fakes... the way I see it:
you buy a fake unknowingly: slightly naive perhaps rather than a liar? learn and move on.
you buy a fake knowingly: (but you tell everyone is a fake) not a liar but shows a luck of responsibility.
you buy a fake knowingly: (and pretend to everyone is authentic) yes definitely a liar and dishonest. just a step below criminal actually which is the next level.
you buy a fake knowingly: (and resell as authentic) would you like this person as a friend?

I wish life was black and white. You never know what people do for what reasons, I would rather rather ask them for an answer, than judge them by a single action. JMHO.:flowers:

If the best I could afford is a LL Bean canvas tote, I'd rock that baby the same way I wear my K; with my self respect intact!
:yes: indeed. Sometimes the occasion calls for the plain straw no brand bag or an organic cotton tote - which I often carry and I think is a superb look. Much better than dripping with fake logos like a fishwife...no offense to any fishwives in this forum...;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.