Are women who carry fake designer bags big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
30% (maybe significantly more, but I'm working off memory here), of those who totes fake bags ended up buying the real thing.

i saw this too it did make sense to me since and this not a justification for wearing fake but i have met a few innocent ladies who honestly were tricked into the fake and so. when they do find out they end up shopping for the real deal !!!!

If they want the look and cannot buy the real thing, there are "inspired-by" bags out there that fill that purpose admirably. Those who buy them are not trying to fool anyone - Hermes NEVER appears anywhere on these bags and they are not fakes! They just like the look and $900 is a LOT less than $9000! Most of these women are quick to tell someone who compliments them on their Hermes bag that it is NOT Hermes - just an "inspired-by" of good quality.

I have worked with women who have fake bags as well as real ones. It doesn't make them liars or bad people in my opinion. Some of the women with fakes were some of the nicest people. They weren't liars and cheats...outside of lying bout the bag.

I don't condone fakes because the industry exploits the workers who make them, but this ad hominem argument is a gross overgeneralization based on. . . nothing. It is also a justification for wealthy people who want to look down on those with less. Now it's not enough that I have a real whatever and you don't--now I can cast aspersions on your character because I have a real whatever and you don't! Phooey. I would hope that all of us assess people based on more substantial evidence than whether their bag looks authentic.

Of course we would rather be 100% ethical about everything and give designers and fashion houses the credit, respect, and profits that they deserve.....So yes, counterfeit goods are bad, and I would never wear a counterfeit. But is a counterfeit bag on a person enough to make me conclude anything about that person?

No, that is silly! I mean, women are socially inculcated to enhance, accentuate, diminish everything up the wazoo. Have you ever worn a padded or push-up bra? Do you wear concealer? You might be suspected of being 5% more likely to be a liar than a woman who wears a training bra and her face nude. This isn't a world hunger or peace issue, and I find it so "Fox" to interview an expert about this. Because It. Is. So. Important. :hysteric:

Of course we would rather be 100% ethical about everything and give designers and fashion houses the credit, respect, and profits that they deserve.....So yes, counterfeit goods are bad, and I would never wear a counterfeit. But is a counterfeit bag on a person enough to make me conclude anything about that person?

No, that is silly! I mean, women are socially inculcated to enhance, accentuate, diminish everything up the wazoo. Have you ever worn a padded or push-up bra? Do you wear concealer? You might be suspected of being 5% more likely to be a liar than a woman who wears a training bra and her face nude. This isn't a world hunger or peace issue, and I find it so "Fox" to interview an expert about this. Because It. Is. So. Important. :hysteric:

ITA and LOL!

I don't condone fakes because the industry exploits the workers who make them, but this ad hominem argument is a gross overgeneralization based on. . . nothing. It is also a justification for wealthy people who want to look down on those with less. Now it's not enough that I have a real whatever and you don't--now I can cast aspersions on your character because I have a real whatever and you don't! Phooey. I would hope that all of us assess people based on more substantial evidence than whether their bag looks authentic.

agreed.

BRAVA and quite drole esp re: Kim K :ghi5:

Many valid points on both sides of the coin, but I shall refrain from throwing everyone into the same caldron ...

Last I remembered, Ms Martha Stewart spent 'quality time' where and she carried 'what' and let's not forget Madoff and company, the list goes on and many do not make headlines lol

I do detest those who totes around fakes and tries to pass them as authentic!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.