Are there any bags that are still made in the US?

Yes, somewhat sadly many things are made overseas including our bags but it's still nice to hear that there are some lovely bags that continue to be made in the US. I forgot that some LV are still made here...I wonder how they decide? Thanks...now I am armed w/ more info if this topic ever comes up again.

Anne

Juicy Couture makes their bags (including leather ones) in the US.

i've heard otherwise from industry insiders. many juicy products say "made in the glamorous USA", but companies are allowed to put that on their products if they FINISHED them in the US. for example, the entire juicy jacket could have been made overseas, but then if they put the J zipper on it in the US, they can claim that it was made in the US. my friend who worked for takashi murakami even told me that the hardware that LV uses comes from china, even though the bags themselves are made in france.

anyhow, anna corinna makes her purses at a factory in NYC, right in chelsea, and rebecca minkoff has hers made in NYC as well. not sure where their hardware originates from though.

i've heard otherwise from industry insiders. many juicy products say "made in the glamorous USA", but companies are allowed to put that on their products if they FINISHED them in the US. for example, the entire juicy jacket could have been made overseas, but then if they put the J zipper on it in the US, they can claim that it was made in the US.

Exactly! Also, a lot of "Made in the US" clothing and purses are made in other places - the
Federal Trade Commission has very lax rules for that label.

Plus, Made in USA can also mean made in the Mariana Islands or any other US commonwealth or territories.

Most people, IMO, are completely ignorant about the working conditions their clothing is made under. I think more people look at the label to see if it's "dry clean only" than look at where it is made.

Oh I'm not sure then. I know Juicy's clothing was suspect but I didn't know the bags were too. I think a lot of companies do that though.

As bad as it sounds, I don't really care what country the bag is made in. As long as it isn't in horrible working conditions or child labour then I guess I can handle that my "Made in the USA" bag was actually manufactured in China.

I think Lambertson Truex bags are made in the US...

I think most of Lambertson Truex's bags are made in Italy. Mine is (says so right on the LT tag inside), and most of the ones I've ever looked at on Saks.com are as well. Some of their other items on Saks.com just say "imported."