Are there any bags that are still made in the US?

1. Hi everyone,

I was having a discussion w/ friends last night and was sort of "attacked" for buying bags that are not made in the US anymore....I didn't know enough about the topic to really comment so I thought I would come here and ask the question. I know that there was a time when Coach and Dooney were both US made, but I'm not sure anymore. What about other brands...are LV and Gucci still produced in France and Italy? It is an interesting debate/comment and I know it's been discussed int he past. Does knowing that your favorite handbags may be made in an overseas "sweatshop" keep you from purchasing them?

Anne :supacool:
  2. I think Lambertson Truex bags are made in the US...
  3. Coach is no longer made in the US, it's based in China.
    I :heart: Coach still, but yes, it does turn me off a bit.
  4. Really...Coach too? That is annoying!

5. Bulga, Be&D, and Ananas bags are made here in the US - in good ol' NYC.
  6. i belive rebecca minkoff are made in the us
  7. I think Botkier is made in NYC and some LV's are as well.
  8. It wasn't very nice to attack you, because your bags aren't made in the US. Hardly anything is made here anymore. I bet the clothes they were wearing as they said these things to you were probably made in a third world country, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were made with sweatshop labor. Clothing labels tend to be the worst offenders when it comes to unethical labor practices.
  9. Some LV's are definitely made in the US. I know I got very irritated when I received a Coach key fob with my initial on it, and on the back in real big big black letters it said "Made in China". I actually accused my bf of getting it on Canal street. But lo and behold - even the bags say "made in China". Oh well oh well - it doesn't make me love them any less.
  10. My Botkier Bianca says "Made in Indonisia"
  11. I guess it depends on the bag now -sigh-

I totally forgot that LV is made in US sometimes.
  12. The Michelle Vale Handbags I was talking about are.
  13. Gucci has a plant in NJ, right?
    Rebecca Minkoff makes them right in NYC- yay!
  14. Juicy Couture makes their bags (including leather ones) in the US.