any ladies with 3 carats or more?

I just posted this in the other thread about e-rings:

--------------------
Here's mine! It's actually not my original engagement ring, but rather, kind of like a "celebration" ring, which he gave me in 2005 after 4 years of marriage, 2 children, and multiple health issues/surgeries. Yes, my DH is very indulgent! It's a 3.56 AGS0 ideal cut stone H SI1, with 1.17 total carat weight in pear side stones. The setting is by Leon Mege. My ring finger is a size 3.5.

That looks spectacular! It blinded me!

Bf surprised me with this in January: 3.7 carats, 5.5 ring size.

ringkeyboardcm7.jpg

Mine is nearly 3.5 and I don't think it's too big at all. It's Asscher so that makes it "show" smaller than most cuts. It's an upgrade, but I really want another ring (bigger, natch!). I gotta convince DH to get me a boulder without trading this one in because it really is my most favorite material thing!

ring.jpg

Gawd....I don't know how you guys wear those things!! My ex had a 2ct princess cut, in a cathedral setting with princess cut diamonds around the band and although it was beautiful it was too much for me (I have a size 6 finger). When I had nails on it was OK but it kept getting caught in hair while I was working and I'd poke my clients in the head with it!:roflmfao: So, he had a two tone band made that had a row of princess cut diamond inlayed. It was perfect! However....................now that he's GONE :yahoo: I think I'll have them both melted down and made into something else that I can actually wear!

Either that or I gotta get me whatever jobs ya'll have so I can wear some big ole' honkin rocks! hehehe

Actually, I loved the Tiffany one that someone's hubby had remade for her! Now, that is totally my style. But it sure is fun to look at everyone elses.

What is the proper name for the centre (largest) diamond to be surounded 360 degree by tiny diamonds? I have been trying to do a search for this on the internet but I am unsure....(for example: see a few posts up "manolo maven"'s Asscher.
Thanks!