Any good SAs (sales associates) out there?

Thanks for the suggestions. I called BalLA and got Terry who seemed very nice. I'll probably go back to her or the others mentioned.

My frustration with SA's overall is that when you aren't able to meet them face to face - its hard to get them to be honest about the individuality of each leather on a bag. Is it thick or thin, moist or dry relative to others in stock. I guess they're obligated to say only good things about it but there is such thing as shelf wear from excessive handling even on a new bag and if you're trying to shop online or over the phone - the way an SA gives you the details makes me hate them or love them. If this is the first time you're calling and never bought from them before, its easy for the conversation to go wrong.

I really hate it when SAs who really don't know or care about Balenciaga act like they were offended for being asked a question that shows how ignorant they are and turn around and make you feel stupid for asking.

Do SA's ever send actual pictures of a particular bag? Or is that asking too much.

lol. possibly, Jzlyn. i really can't recall.

i hear you, Petite-Chic. my 1st and likely last encounter with BalNY almost went awry. are you also outside of USA? my emails to Kim went unanswered. i think she was out of office during that time but i also have reason to believe that i was being ignored. or maybe she'd left word for another SA to stand in but nobody did until i sent a reminder. people with OCD should avoid email orders. i harboured almost zilch expectation so i survived the journey.

i did get pictures sent me. the SA who attended to me was Cynthia. i've seen her name being mentioned before. just be very polite with your requests and manage your expectations. i do believe they're very busy people; i cannot imagine how i'd manage it if i were a SA myself.

Last edited:
glossie, Bill or Cynthia are very prompt with emails. I bought my VD Twiggy from Cynthia and she's very efficient. I had a good experience.

lingtsui, Appreciate your empathy. We must learn to stand up to bad service! I'll be brave.:flowers:

Kim is really nice over the phone and helpful but she is usually out tues-thurs (one or two of those days), so email wise she may be a little lax. Actually all of Bal NY and LA are not quick with their emails at all. I guess unlike AR they may have more clients (and shorter working hours) thus we don't get as prompt a reply. We've just been spoilt by AR's customer service!

Bill at BalNY, Alex at Bal Cal, all of them at Nordstrom, and Barney's, and Neiman marcus Denver. I won't talk to anyone else at BalNy but Bill and no one else but Alex at Bal Cal. I am probably going to deal only with Nordstrom's and online Balenciaga now. You can't return anything for refund with Bal Cal and new York and I think that is wrong, especially since they won't take pics. You pay lots of money for site unseen and then you have to take a credit if you don't like it. If they are sold at Nordstroms besides just one and now online, those two stores might have to change their policies. They have had it pretty good.

glossie, Bill or Cynthia are very prompt with emails. I bought my VD Twiggy from Cynthia and she's very efficient. I had a good experience.

er i thought BalNY screwed up your orders a lil? anyway, i wasn't complaining about their service. i can understand why some people seem to get preferential treatment; such things happen. i was on the receiving end of better service while i was in shanghai. i didn't see it until my friend pointed it out.

glossie, Cynthia screwed up the shipping part and I wasn't able to combine shipping with my sister. :sweatdrop:She was prompt in emails from queries to payment and only went MIA after I sent her doucments to process payment. She processed the sale and assumed that everything's completed and sent out the bag without informing me nor gave me a follow up email that the sale was completed successfully.

However, she's nice to accept my documents in jpeg files instead of fax. She also took initiaive to send me pictures of the VD Twiggy. Most importantly, she kept my record and I don't have to go through the hassle of verifying anything for the next purchase.

And I guess I can overlook the anxiety of wondering if the sale was being processed based on hindsight as the VD is in "perfect" condition!

I hate to ask this again but maybe someone will remember the thread it was it & post a link since I can't search. There is a male SA at Barneys New York who a lot of people did not like. I am trying to get his name so I can avoid him on an upcoming trip. Thanks.

Nordstrom's - Arden Fair (California)

Sarah M. Hinkle
916.646.2400 ext. 1250

I haven't bought anything from her yet as they don't have anything I want but have talked to her a few times and she seems very friendly and helpful.

I agree with this. Sarah has been very nice and helpful to me also. I also really like Corrine also. She even does follow-up

Here's another vote for Kim at Bal NY - she has been super helpful and picked out the most gorgeous EB Giant Envelope Clutch for me! Plus, I've worked with her on the phone, via email and met her in person and she has always been helpful and super nice!