And my whole world just comes crashing down

Nishi: that babysitting idea is acctually fabulous. i don't have a background on paper of babysitting but i took a course when i was in like 6th grade, and when i was 17 i was caring for 5 children that their mother called my "god children" soooo i have the experience. i'm definately going to think about putting an ad up at the grocery stores. ty. (i dont' know how i could work that around another schedual cuz i've never had 2 jobs but i suppose no better time then the present to learn ;) )

DRSM: even though some other peoples problems are worse than mine or easier to deal with than mine, i always keep in mind that whatever someones problem is, it's a big deal to them. ;) i'm slowly learning. OI VAY to become an adult, such a trip.

Cindy: Medical and Dental would be DREAMY to have i tell ya... i didn't know that grocery stores offered stuff like that! i've definately warmed up to the idea throughout the day!

:love: Selena,goofball: no you didn't come across as mean at ALL! someone to put a stern word on the situation was helpful to bring be back down to earth! YES subway was hiring annnnd i picked up an application ;) the chica's there were SO not cute, so i totally hope i can get a job and shine there while i try to lose weight lol... oh thats evil! just kidding! :shame: (kinda) lol...

SOMEONE had to kick my ass into gear! everyone had their hand in that though. i left with my gayman and picked up some applications, and when i got home, i was pleasantly suprised by loads of inspirational :love: love :love: from all you ladies. you people make my day.

i've kept on truckin all day, and took that walk to my friend Brett's house like i said i should start doing. i think it's about a mile one way so good for me lol... i hate walking i'm a fat kid OmG :sneaky: o tomorrow i'm going to wake up at a decent hour and fill my apps out (startin the day off productive like), and then when gayman get's out of work, we'll drive to bring them back in.

i'm really nervous to get a job in the next few towns over because if my car breaks down i'm screwed. eek. i dunno. i suppose i did alright for one day...

Oh no. Hugs to you! Sounds like you're already pounding the pavement looking for a new job, good for you. - And you know what, yes, there are much worse problems in the world than losing your job and your car falling apart... but you know what, it happens to be the problem you are having right now, it's stressful... and it's ok to vent!

Chin up kiddo...Everyone goes thru hell and back at some point in time.U CAN GET THRU THIS!!!!!!!!
Start lookin for ANY job to pay the bills for now...seriuosly..if u cant pay yer electric..ANY job will help temporarily....
HUGS.. Im Here to talk to ANYTIME!!!!

PS- seriously...........I was once a divorced struggling mom !!!!
I got thru it and loved my self so much more for doin it all BY MYSELF.Its such a great feeling when u can get yerself out of a hole ..with noones help...and b proud of yourself....
Very well said!!!!:smile:

as unfun as the job sounds i'll probably get hired at one of the local grocery stores as they always seem to be hiring. i know i'll make it through it just seems like every time something like this happens, all of the bad stuff happens at once :crybaby:

I hear you about things happening all at once. A couple years ago I stepped down from a promotion that was going nowhere at my now former employer (probably tarnished my career at the time but I had to), went through a very stressful (and expensive) personal legal matter, thought I was going to get laid off as a result of stepping away from my promotion, and was trying to re-fi my townhouse about all at the same time. Honestly I don't know how I got out of bed some days. :confused1:

But I got through it and you'll get through this too. It sucks at the moment but just keep putting one foot in front of the other and have faith in your talents. Sure you may need a temp job to keep the bills paid, but you can get through that and then onto something more rewarding.

We're with you!! :wlae:

I'm so sorry you're going through this! Unfortunately sometimes things have to get really crappy before they can get really good. Since it sounds like you've been unhappy at your job for a while, a change is probably good anyway. I bet you'll find a job that makes you a lot happier!

i'm thinking of acctually getting a job at a place called Reny's which is basically an EVERYTHING store... it's random, and totally a step down from where i used to work, but it's not culinary, and i need a change. i hope things work out *sigh*

I have always agreed with the thought that "The Lord provides". Every time I thought things were falling out from under neath me.....something good always happens!
Hang in there.............they can't kill ya'!!!

You can move back home temporary to save $ on rent and find a job while you're at it. Borrow your parents' or relatives' car for the time being. There are some solutions to your problem but you just need to slow down and take a step back and look at your situation.

You'll be ok hon!

hi vicious, i'm so sorry you're going through a difficult time right now. the ladies on this forum are really wise and have already offered great advice. just keep your chin up and keep trying.

good luck :flowers:

You are getting such good and practical advice from everybody!

The everything store sounds interesting, if it is a small enough operation, you might have a chance to get to know people from some of the vendors, who might know of other opportunities. That counts as networking!

Be sure that you take care of yourself as you work through this. Eat right. Half a 6 inch sub is not really a very good lunch, as I am sure you know. Buy some lentils (well, have your roomate buy some lentils) :o and make dal for your household! :smile:

You're such a sweetie, I am sorry to hear about the hard time you've been having. Hope you'll be able to get a job soon and that things will get better for you! Thankfully, you have a great friend and roommate in Gayman.

All the best.

You can move back home temporary to save $ on rent and find a job while you're at it. Borrow your parents' or relatives' car for the time being. There are some solutions to your problem but you just need to slow down and take a step back and look at your situation.

You'll be ok hon!

i really wish moving back home temporarily was an option but my mother and i haven't gotten along enough in life for her to even consider it, and besides the fact, she lives like 7 hours away! no one has cars to borrow around here either. i barely know anyone. i live in maine after being in school in a town that is 2 hours away from where i currently live. i built my own life in this town and i'm really picky about who i trust in this town because, as you can see, people can't be trusted.

at least i went for a walk bright and early today. kinda. i'm tryin to be healthy but $$$ makes it hard to eat right! all we have is a can of green beans and some rice lol.... i used to make a sandwich at work or have a piece of quiche because we didn't grocery shop. i don't think that's gonna hack it this time around.

you're right though, slowing down and looking at my situation before freaking out would probably help.

*sigh* i can't wait to turn those apps in today.

:love: again, thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. you really don't know what it means to me. you're keepin me goin ladies! thanks for being great friends! :love: