And my whole world just comes crashing down

Sweety, I am so sorry to hear that. We are here for you. It will get better.

Like Jill, I was once a struggling single mom, too...I think I have said this before, I remember the days of lots of ramen and veggies for dinner. You will get through this.

Wow, sorry to hear of your troubles. But one thing is true: that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. You WILL make it through this hard time! You have been given excellent ideas already. It sounds like your boss laying you off is a blessing in disguise -- you needed to get out of that situation! See this as an opportunity to get ahead and be resourceful. I've been there too, and you can do it!

To raise money quickly, do you have things you can sell on eBay? I've done that in a pinch myself.

I'm so sorry to hear about this! BUT... you WILL survive this. It will make you a stronger person. Please try to think positively (I know it's hard to, of course) and just do everything you can to find a new job, and to cut back on anything you can. Eat cheaply, sell things on ebay, etc.

Good luck. You will get through this! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us updated on how things go for you.

as unfun as the job sounds i'll probably get hired at one of the local grocery stores as they always seem to be hiring. i know i'll make it through it just seems like every time something like this happens, all of the bad stuff happens at once :crybaby:

I'm so sorry all of this is happening to you. I can't give you any better advice than the advice the other women here have given you already. I'd just be repeating what has been said. I wish you the best of luck. You know---the reality is that there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. I've never seen it fail yet. You will get through this--this too shall pass;). Chin Up:P. Soon you will come back here telling us you got a better job and a new car....I'm sure of it!:yes:

:heart: Hugs!
The grocerie store sounds like a great idea. If your boss fired you, don't you qualify for unemployment? I don't know, just a thought.
Keep smiling though, even if your fakin it:tender:.
I'm sending good thoughts your way.

You know what I think? Your young, healthy, and able. Pick yourself up, stop feeling bad for yourself and change your destiny!!! There are many things you can do to make money. Start by having a yard sale, sell anything you dont use. That will put some bucks in yoru pocket. Cut down to the BARE minimum. You can babysit, walk dogs, telemarketing. ANything you can do to make a buck. Every minute you sit at home feeling bad you are wasting a minute to make money! The good news is, you have two months until your inspection is up. You have two months to get yourself together. Even if you are working at a fast food place, you can do it! A positive attitude will carry you thru. You can do it. There are plenty of people MUCH MUCH worse off then you and they can do it. Be glad you dont have a few kids to take care of. Good luck and this is the beginning of good things!

:love: i really do love the ladies in this forum :love:

thank you so much for being supportive, and in some cases, stern enough to tell me to quit feelin sorry for myself! i picked up a few applications today and am going to return them tomorrow. i really do live in a tiny little coastal town in Maine, so there isn't much to choose from, but we'll make ends meet.

i'm really glad i have my gayman, my roommate, mr.dooney, Jake (yes all those people are the same person lol i love him) he saves my life. he helps me. it's scary for him too, as he's the only one with a job right now, but he's supportive too so i'm glad i have someone in RL around.

this situation is definately humbling, and really puts everything in perspective. maybe i needed to put myself into check. maybe i got too comfortable. i don't know.

everything happens for a reason.

sorry i hadn't responded sooner, my internet went down for a while (i thought i was going to have a heart attack earlier lol....)

:love: thanks again for all the support you ladies give. i don't know what i would have done today without your kind words to pick me up and help me back on my feet. this place is amazing. :love:

PS i really do need to thank God or whoever is blessing me though, because (and i know i should have thought of this before) i am completely blessed to have my roommate who is there for me, emotionally, financially, etc, and i'm SO lucky to have all of you to help me through this. thank you everyone.

Selena: i'm glad you checked back, your stern comment had a nice effect that kicked my "i'm kinda feeling better" into "i feel okay!"

i know i don't have a job right now and that's super depressing but there's nothing i can do about it but get another one. we went and split a 6 inch subway sandwich for lunch earlier today while getting applications, (me and gayman), and after i finish replying to some TPF biznass, im walking to my friend brett's house for dinner! i'm trying to incorperate as much positive into my life as possible. what else could i really do at this point?

thanks again everyone and i'll totally keep you all posted on this exstensive situation i'm in. didn't know how much yall effected me till today. :love:

vicious that is so good to hear. I hope you dont think I was trying to be mean, that was not my intention. I guess at this stage in my life, I have seen so many horrible things happen to people, really horrible, that when someone like yourself gets lost in their predicament, I feel compelled to give a reality check. As long as you have air in your lungs and you have friends and family, life aint that bad. Keep us posted!!!
PS was subway hiring?? :smile:

VB,

the grocery job is a smart idea, i have a few cousins who work in them, love them, and have BENEFITS because hey, medical and dental are very important!

you are very lucky to have friends that are there for you every step of the way, keep us posted, and remember it will get better.

hi VB, i'm glad things are working otu for you. I'm glad you came on here...i've been feeling bad for myself...for no real reason... and seeing you struggling helped ME put things in perspective... thanks to the ladies also for their awesome advice!!

Babysitting and childcare are good ways to make quick good money if you like children. I know here in NY people are always looking for a good babysitter and they will pay an adult anywhere from $10 to $15 an hour to watch thier children. Something to think about if you enjoy kids. You can put up signs up at the local markets for free. Good luck!