And Just Like That... on HBO Max (Sex and the City Reboot) SPOILER pg 6

I finally finished the season and have to say I found the last few episodes quite relatable. Charlotte's struggles with meno-belly and shapewear, returning to work and finding new work clothes that she likes, as well as Lisa's desire to reclaim her career identity all resonated with me. I am returning to work now that we are empty nesters as I feel like I'd like to get back to my career after having it on the back burner for 20 years while raising kids. I'm coming to terms with my meno-belly while shopping for new work clothes and funnily enough was contemplating getting shapewear before I saw that episode. Love the kitty. Did not need to see Aidan in his tighty whities. I did not think his sob scene was good acting. Good for Nya. Wouldn't mind seeing Che go. Overall, not a bad season.

Last edited:
I too thought the final few episodes were at least....stomachable, if that is a word - until the end. Seema is now neatly slotted in as "new Samantha" (sleeping with the client while showing the apartment is a pure Samantha move); Nya's character is being underserved but again probably because she is shooting two shows simultaneously. Personally I'd rather see Carrie get a dog and deal with dog responsibility, but it appears SJP is a cat person.
I actually love Che as a character but they could easily be on a different show. Wondering how they keep focus on Che when they aren't with Miranda anymore.
Basically seems like a lot of characters for what was originally a four-person ensemble dramedy. It's hard to write that way.

Finally the whole Aidan denouement was a total WTF. What does it even mean, "wait five years"? Is that like, call me in 2028? Meet me at the Empire State Building? Or, go "relationship lite" until then? Aidan needs to grow up IMO. Lots of people with kids make relationships work, and lots of people make long distance work.

I'm on season 2, episode 4. I forgot the second season even came out until it popped up on my HBO watch list. So far, I think it's ok but would be fine if they didn't go for a 3rd season. I don't know if they touch upon it again, but that arc with Mr. Wexley not being able to get a cab in front of his daughter and her friend while his mom walks her and her friends away seems very "wedged in" to the storyline for the sake of a conversation about racism to tick off their "diversity talk box". It was not handled with any nuance and it came out of nowhere. Not to mention, unrealistic for cabs not to stop for someone well dressed, standing in front of a luxury building on one of the most expensive blocks of the city. Also, a resident in those buildings would NOT be hailing their own cab in the first place :doh:

I'm on season 2, episode 4. I forgot the second season even came out until it popped up on my HBO watch list. So far, I think it's ok but would be fine if they didn't go for a 3rd season. I don't know if they touch upon it again, but that arc with Mr. Wexley not being able to get a cab in front of his daughter and her friend while his mom walks her and her friends away seems very "wedged in" to the storyline for the sake of a conversation about racism to tick off their "diversity talk box". It was not handled with any nuance and it came out of nowhere. Not to mention, unrealistic for cabs not to stop for someone well dressed, standing in front of a luxury building on one of the most expensive blocks of the city. Also, a resident in those buildings would NOT be hailing their own cab in the first place :doh:
Yes, I thought that's what the doormen do (only see that in movies/TV--I live in a house, the only doormen are my LOUD dogs).

Particularly when the show runner and writers are not POC.

I’m sorry to say it happens all the time.

I agree, and you're right. In a building/neighborhood like that in NYC, the doorman would hail a cab, not the resident. I was really uncomfortable during that scene because it just didn't fit. I can't explain it, but where did it come from? I finished the season and I admit it did get better towards the middle/end, but thought the whole Aidan bit was weird. He was just weird.

I’m sorry to say it happens all the time.
I do know this unfortunately does happen; I am neither white nor affluent, and have been kicked out of an Uber before, my husband and a few of our friends have had cabs pass them by when they were clearly on-duty. However, there are instances (like the scenario on that particular episode) that it would be highly unlikely. Anyway, my comment was more directed at the fact that the writers just forcefully wedged that scene in to check something off their list and not actually provide real substance to a very real situation for many POC.

Just finished S2. I enjoyed it for the clothes and the New York Cityness of it even if the storylines and writing were not as good as SATC. I was curious about the actress who played Kathy as she looked familiar. She has been in several shows I have watched. Most interesting is that she is married to Ron Livingstone (Berger, the post it note break up guy) IRL.

Thank you baby jesus
Sara Ramirez made it seem like they thought they were let go due to political views but that character's use ran out. They didn't keep the core 4's other exes on the show once they broke up (only a few run ins by a few exes over the years but not as recurring roles). I am glad Che won't be in the next season as that character was annoying!