And Just Like That... on HBO Max (Sex and the City Reboot) SPOILER pg 6

Life’s too short…what have we learned from Big’s death? I dont get it, if someone asked me to do this at their age…I’d flip out…
I think at ANY age, if you partner decided to say 'Oh BTW, this is over, only for 5 years though, then I'm all yours', most people would be like, that's ridiculous you can take a running jump.
He made it sound like he was going to prison for 5 years with no visitation!
Also, Aidan mentioned in the last episode that his ex wife is in a relationship, so why can't he have a relationship too? Two of his kids are adults and the third is nearly 15, it's not like they have really young children to take care of. Makes no sense. Another storyline plot that make me roll my eyes.
I have to laugh at the writers who make no effort when coming up with this stuff, which I'm sure they do with a straight face and a pat on the back to each other :lol:

I think at ANY age, if you partner decided to say 'Oh BTW, this is over, only for 5 years though, then I'm all yours', most people would be like, that's ridiculous you can take a running jump.
Also, Aidan mentioned in the last episode that his ex wife is in a relationship, so why can't he have a relationship too? Two of his kids are adults and the third is nearly 15, it's not like they have really young children to take care of. Makes no sense. Another storyline plot that make me roll my eyes.
I have to laugh at the writers who make no effort when coming up with this stuff, which I'm sure they do with a straight face and a pat on the back to each other :lol:
Because he really doesn't want a relationship with Carrie, just a fun-time NYC wealthy hookup, imo. Uses his jerky kid as an excuse, crying "because I wasn't there!" when the kid steals his truck, consumes mushrooms and crashes. These writers are the worst. Fortunately I cannot stand the character nor the actor so if he never returns--WHOO HOO!

Because he really doesn't want a relationship with Carrie, just a fun-time NYC wealthy hookup, imo. Uses his jerky kid as an excuse, crying "because I wasn't there!" when the kid steals his truck, consumes mushrooms and crashes. These writers are the worst. Fortunately I cannot stand the character nor the actor so if he never returns--WHOO HOO!
Your Word in God's ear @kemilia. I can't stand the character either, so let's hope for the best....
...and I hope he takes Miranda with him! A caricature of the original Miranda :eek:

I need to learn to love myself. Not only do I watch this show weekly, I listen to the accompanying writers' podcast with MPK and others. And, they do pretty much pat each other on the back.

Yes, they are the worst.

And another thing that really bugged me--the "our place" thing. It isn't his place, Carrie purchased it.

I always thought, with some blips, Carrie was a self-sufficient person, and with Big's moolah, even more so. So are we to believe she is so heads over heels with this jerk that she considers him a partner in this apartment? Did I miss him giving her a check for his half? The writing is so bad they expect us to believe she will wait around for the jerk for 5 years, like he's some ocean-going explorer from the 1700's sailing off to find the spice islands or something. Awful writing. I wish Samantha would return and knock some sense into Carrie & Miranda.

And another thing that really bugged me--the "our place" thing. It isn't his place, Carrie purchased it.

I always thought, with some blips, Carrie was a self-sufficient person, and with Big's moolah, even more so. So are we to believe she is so heads over heels with this jerk that she considers him a partner in this apartment? Did I miss him giving her a check for his half? The writing is so bad they expect us to believe she will wait around for the jerk for 5 years, like he's some ocean-going explorer from the 1700's sailing off to find the spice islands or something. Awful writing. I wish Samantha would return and knock some sense into Carrie & Miranda.
and style, please. Miranda, please.....

That said: wasn't Aidan the one one should stay away when it comes to real estate? Just asking...

Reactions: skyqueen